Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Matt King To Warrington

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

#21 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE(Tricky Dicky @ Jul 8 2007, 11:37 AM) View Post
Players will have to leave.

They have signed king, monaghan, hicks and anderson.

They will be losing Sullivan Rauhihi and Grose but the salaries of those dont match to those coming in.

There will be at least 1 big name departure if wire are going to stay under the cap.

Tricky can you give us a break down of Warrington players earning so we know where they stand rolleyes.gif

#22 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:40 AM

They will be losing Sullivan Rauhihi and Grose but the salaries of those dont match to those coming in.

There will be at least 1 big name departure if wire are going to stay under the cap.

That's a reasonable assumption, but again I'm sure no-one knows the true figures.

#23 Herbert Splatt

Herbert Splatt
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:42 AM

It reminds me of the Leeds United situation where they were trying to spend to become one of the big boys.... look what happened there in the end!

(I know its not entirely the same situation...... but....)

#24 Guest_Wolfwire_*

Guest_Wolfwire_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:57 AM

Or we could just forget all about the cap and sign who we want then pay the fine and lose a couple of points like wigan do. rolleyes.gif

#25 Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton
  • Coach
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:57 AM

I don't think many Wire fans would be too upset to see Gleeson go. When we signed him from Saints they got Lyon as a replacement, the rest is history. Gleeson seems to have the kind of attitude problem that's been rife at warrington for too long.
A move to Wigan would probably be good business all round as he might find some heart playing for his home town club.
Gleeson on form is an awesome player he just ain't showing it for us.

#26 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE(RDL @ Jul 8 2007, 11:42 AM) View Post
It reminds me of the Leeds United situation where they were trying to spend to become one of the big boys.... look what happened there in the end!

(I know its not entirely the same situation...... but....)

Not only is it not entirely the same situation, but it bears absolutely no resemblance whatsoever. rolleyes.gif

#27 Guest_Wolfwire_*

Guest_Wolfwire_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:02 AM

When wires signed Gleeson it was for 4 seasons '05,'06,'07,'08. STill over a year to go on his contract by my reckoning. If anyone wants him they had better bring their cheque book ready to write out the cheque for the hefty transfer fee! laugh.gif

#28 Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dicky
  • Coach
  • 861 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE(Wolfwire @ Jul 8 2007, 12:02 PM) View Post
When wires signed Gleeson it was for 4 seasons '05,'06,'07,'08. STill over a year to go on his contract by my reckoning. If anyone wants him they had better bring their cheque book ready to write out the cheque for the hefty transfer fee! laugh.gif

The other lad who wigna have been rumoured to be keen on is paul wood.

Again he is a wiganer.

If wire dont have to release a big name player then they will have a squad for the rest to be envious about and should be challenging for major honours.
"We Need to start running hard and smashing people"

"We are going to be fitter than we have ever been"

"The Culture needs to Change"

"We need to be getting to Old Trafford and Wembley and winning games"

"We will be fitter than we have ever been"

"We will do contact like we have never done before"

"WE WILL DO THINGS THE WIGAN WAY"

SHAUN WANE 2009

#29 sam

sam
  • Coach
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:19 AM

well i've searched everywhere for players salaries and can't find 'em...you obviously know where they are so could you point me in the right direction....
foxes or poor people?

#30 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE(Leeds Wire @ Jul 8 2007, 11:33 AM) View Post
Its not beyond the realms of possibility Tricky, but I don't think Wire are a selling club these days.

We've not lost anyone to one of the 'big' clubs since Fozzard, if I remember rightly.

Looking at your league position, you should consider selling all of them.

King will go to Wire, and not make one iota of difference to a ###### team.

#31 Rhino Wilkzy

Rhino Wilkzy
  • Banned
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:24 AM

I bet bradford and saints still finish above them next season.

#32 The Boy Saint

The Boy Saint
  • Coach
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:30 AM

Honest opinion - He's not worth that.

He's no Lyon, Cooper, Hodges, Gasnier or Tonga is he? I agree he is the right type of import SL Clubs should target as he is a current International and S.O.O player but for that amount of cash? No Way.

#33 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE(The Boy Saint @ Jul 8 2007, 12:30 PM) View Post

He's no Lyon, Cooper, Hodges, Gasnier or Tonga is he? I agree he is the right type of import SL Clubs should target as he is a current International and S.O.O player but for that amount of cash? No Way.

FFS.

Could someone pease explain to certain posters that we DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH THESE PLAYERS ARE BEING PAID.

How difficult is it to understand?

#34 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE(Leeds Wire @ Jul 8 2007, 12:43 PM) View Post
FFS.

Could someone pease explain to certain posters that we DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH THESE PLAYERS ARE BEING PAID.

Except when it comes to Wigan players, whereby every member of this forum seems to get an e-mail directly from each players agent.

If Wigan and Bradford were seriously interested, then Wire must have offered him a lot of money to go to a club that, in all honesty, is going nowhere.

#35 Guest_Wolfwire_*

Guest_Wolfwire_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(The Boy Saint @ Jul 8 2007, 12:30 PM) View Post

How much are we actually paying him though? He may just feel that wires are his best option,given the dodgy dealings at two of the other clubs who were interested in him. All the wild speculation about his wages is almost as bad as all the previous wild speculation from the wiganers who believed they had his signed contract in their back pocket! biggrin.gif

#36 Guest_Wolfwire_*

Guest_Wolfwire_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE(Homer @ Jul 8 2007, 12:45 PM) View Post
Wire must have offered him a lot of money to go to a club that, in all honesty, is going nowhere.

Well they certainly aren't going to any hearings regarding their dodgy spending. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#37 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE(Wolfwire @ Jul 8 2007, 12:48 PM) View Post
Well they certainly aren't going to any hearings regarding their dodgy spending. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Well they bloody well should be considering the amount they are spending and their current position.

NL1 needs Matt King.

#38 Guest_Wolfwire_*

Guest_Wolfwire_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE(Homer @ Jul 8 2007, 12:49 PM) View Post
NL1 needs Matt King.

We had better let wigan sign him then! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#39 The Boy Saint

The Boy Saint
  • Coach
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE(Leeds Wire @ Jul 8 2007, 12:43 PM) View Post
FFS.

The title of this thread includes a speculative figure of Matt Kings projected salary, therefore my opinion has been offered based on this threads title topic.

If you get frustrated by TRL Posters discussing the topic of each thread then dont read them.

That easy enough to understand? rolleyes.gif

#40 Guest_Wolfwire_*

Guest_Wolfwire_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE(The Boy Saint @ Jul 8 2007, 12:54 PM) View Post
The title of this thread includes a speculative figure of Matt Kings projected salary, therefore my opinion has been offered based on this threads title topic.

If you get frustrated by TRL Posters discussing the topic of each thread then dont read them.

That easy enough to understand? rolleyes.gif

A speculative figure regarding his salary,that's exactly it........speculative. His actual contract is probably considerably less than that. None of us will ever know what he actually earns,that's between himself,his agent and the club.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users