• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

#41 Vikingstorm

Vikingstorm
  • Coach
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE(Arch Stanton @ Jul 8 2007, 11:57 AM) View Post
I don't think many Wire fans would be too upset to see Gleeson go. When we signed him from Saints they got Lyon as a replacement, the rest is history. Gleeson seems to have the kind of attitude problem that's been rife at warrington for too long.
A move to Wigan would probably be good business all round as he might find some heart playing for his home town club.
Gleeson on form is an awesome player he just ain't showing it for us.

We all are aware of the Rumours Arch. Cullen has not acted to sort this Cancer within Warrington. Right at the top of the Chopping block should be Eddie's hero Lee Briers. Eddie should perhaps check a few things out. GFor me however, I'm more interested in the performance on the pitch and Briers and Gleeson consistently fail to hit the mark.

[QUOTE]“THE enemy should be in no doubt that we are his Nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction. There are many regional commanders who have stains on their souls and they are stoking the fires of Hell for Saddam. As they die they will know their deeds have brought them to this place. Show them no pity. But those who do not wish to go on that journey, we will not send. As for the others, I expect you to rock their world.

#42 Vikingstorm

Vikingstorm
  • Coach
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:35 PM

It is also Just possible that an international Centre like Matt King deserves over 200K a year. Why is it that Two bit football players are deserving of 40K a week, and a superb athlete like King or Barrett or Brent Webb, is somehow a party to salary cap breaches. It stinks.

Im happy to see League players retire at 32 with Business interests and perhaps their property paid off. When I was on holiday last year in Greece a Stoke City fan showed me an area where a Stoke city player had a Villa. It was superb, costing about 600K FFS. So when you see that you just know that King is deserving of his 250K per annum.

We need to reward international players better and International appearances should attract al least a 20,000 fee
[QUOTE]“THE enemy should be in no doubt that we are his Nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction. There are many regional commanders who have stains on their souls and they are stoking the fires of Hell for Saddam. As they die they will know their deeds have brought them to this place. Show them no pity. But those who do not wish to go on that journey, we will not send. As for the others, I expect you to rock their world.

#43 sam

sam
  • Coach
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE(Vikingstorm @ Jul 8 2007, 01:22 PM) View Post
We all are aware of the Rumours Arch. Cullen has not acted to sort this Cancer within Warrington. Right at the top of the Chopping block should be Eddie's hero Lee Briers. Eddie should perhaps check a few things out. GFor me however, I'm more interested in the performance on the pitch and Briers and Gleeson consistently fail to hit the mark.

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
foxes or poor people?

#44 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:50 PM

If this comes off it will be a massive signing for the Warrington club.

To sign a current Origin and Test player like King will strengthen the club no end, it could mean that someone 'big' is leaving the club - Gleeson looks the one to me.

If Gleeson stays I believe it could be Fai'filli that gets the chop.

Warrington 'possible' team 2008

Backs

1 S Reardon
2 C Hicks (GK)
3 M Gleeson
4 M King
5 K Penny
6 L Briers ©
7 M Monaghan

Pack

8 P Wood
9 L Anderson
10 A Morley
11 B Westwood
12 P Johnson
13 V Anderson

Bench

J Clarke
Parker
Bracek
Pickersgill

#45 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE(Wendall @ Jul 8 2007, 03:50 PM) View Post
If this comes off it will be a massive signing for the Warrington club.

To sign a current Origin and Test player like King will strengthen the club no end, it could mean that someone 'big' is leaving the club - Gleeson looks the one to me.

If Gleeson stays I believe it could be Fai'filli that gets the chop.

Warrington 'possible' team 2008

Backs

1 S Reardon
2 C Hicks (GK)
3 M Gleeson
4 M King
5 K Penny
6 L Briers
7 M Monaghan

Pack

8 P Wood
9 L Anderson
10 A Morley
11 B Westwood
12 P Johnson
13 V Anderson

Bench

J Clarke
Parker
Bracek
Pickersgill

Can someone show me why Warrington couldn't afford that team under the cap

#46 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(The Boy Saint @ Jul 8 2007, 12:54 PM) View Post
The title of this thread includes a speculative figure of Matt Kings projected salary, therefore my opinion has been offered based on this threads title topic.

fair enough, my apologies.

#47 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE(bobbruce @ Jul 8 2007, 03:56 PM) View Post
Can someone show me why Warrington couldn't afford that team under the cap

Not sure this team would come under the salary cap.

Briers, Morley and Gleeson are on a fair wedge with Johnson and Reardon not far behind I bet!

If you add 3 highly paid imports in Monaghan and Hicks then Matt King then I wouldnt think you could get that under the Salary Cap limit.

#48 Rogues Gallery

Rogues Gallery
  • Coach
  • 357 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE(Wendall @ Jul 8 2007, 05:32 PM) View Post
Not sure this team would come under the salary cap.

Briers, Morley and Gleeson are on a fair wedge with Johnson and Reardon not far behind I bet!

If you add 3 highly paid imports in Monaghan and Hicks then Matt King then I wouldnt think you could get that under the Salary Cap limit.

Add Vinnie and Louis Anderson to that list.

#49 Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton
  • Coach
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:28 PM

I think the departures lounge at the HJ will be busy before 2008.
I wouldn't be at all suprised to see Gleeson go, he's been a turkey for us.

#50 Brian St Helens

Brian St Helens
  • Coach
  • 4,389 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:40 PM

Matt King has gone to the highest bidder for his services

Such is Life biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#51 sam

sam
  • Coach
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE(Brian St Helens @ Jul 8 2007, 07:40 PM) View Post
Matt King has gone to the highest bidder for his services

Such is Life biggrin.gif

really? where can we see these bids? or if they're not online perhaps you could scan the papers you've seen and post them on here...thanks...
foxes or poor people?

#52 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE(sam @ Jul 8 2007, 08:26 PM) View Post
really? where can we see these bids? or if they're not online perhaps you could scan the papers you've seen and post them on here...thanks...

Since when have you required evidence for those types of claims?

People have been banging on about the "Exact" amounts paid to Wigan players for years. You don't seem to appreciate it now the boot is on the other foot.

If you want to know how much he is on, ask Brian, he has connections.

#53 Brian St Helens

Brian St Helens
  • Coach
  • 4,389 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE(Homer @ Jul 8 2007, 08:38 PM) View Post
Since when have you required evidence for those types of claims?

People have been banging on about the "Exact" amounts paid to Wigan players for years. You don't seem to appreciate it now the boot is on the other foot.

If you want to know how much he is on, ask Brian, he has connections.

Cheers Homer but i aint on this one rolleyes.gif could'nt care less what he's on if truth be known

but if sam and his fellow wire friends think he chose wire for anything else but money then they are deluding themselves.
Posted Image

#54 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE(sam @ Jul 8 2007, 08:26 PM) View Post

The really sad thing is that you are probably going to be forced to offload 4 or 5 good young British players in order to accommodate King under the cap. Assuming of course that Warrington will always try to stay under the cap.

tongue.gif

#55 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE(Bitofaboogie @ Jul 8 2007, 08:53 PM) View Post
The really sad thing is that you are probably going to be forced to offload 4 or 5 good young British players in order to accommodate King under the cap. Assuming of course that Warrington will always try to stay under the cap.
tongue.gif

They don't have 4 or 5 good players to release.

#56 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE(Brian St Helens @ Jul 8 2007, 08:44 PM) View Post
Cheers Homer but i aint on this one rolleyes.gif could'nt care less what he's on if truth be known

but if sam and his fellow wire friends think he chose wire for anything else but money then they are deluding themselves.

Well he certainly won't be coming for the chance to win silverware, will he?

#57 sam

sam
  • Coach
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:56 PM

tongue.gif

who are these 4 or 5 we'll have to release? ...we always do stay under the cap unlike some teams...

foxes or poor people?

#58 Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dicky
  • Coach
  • 861 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE(sam @ Jul 8 2007, 08:56 PM) View Post
who are these 4 or 5 we'll have to release? ...we always do stay under the cap unlike some teams...

Big money 258,000 per seaqson.

http://www.news.com....0-11088,00.html

600,000 dollars.

Awwch.
"We Need to start running hard and smashing people"

"We are going to be fitter than we have ever been"

"The Culture needs to Change"

"We need to be getting to Old Trafford and Wembley and winning games"

"We will be fitter than we have ever been"

"We will do contact like we have never done before"

"WE WILL DO THINGS THE WIGAN WAY"

SHAUN WANE 2009

#59 Brian St Helens

Brian St Helens
  • Coach
  • 4,389 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:01 PM

tongue.gif

thats unfair really because that useless piece of lard Rahuihi will be shown the door at the end of the season and he ate a great slice of the cap ..............literally biggrin.gif
Posted Image

#60 sam

sam
  • Coach
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE(Brian St Helens @ Jul 8 2007, 09:01 PM) View Post
thats unfair really because that useless piece of lard Rahuihi will be shown the door at the end of the season and he ate a great slice of the cap ..............literally biggrin.gif

no, he's been fab... ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

foxes or poor people?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users