Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Most Biased Fans In Rl

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Jul 20 2010, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for that Kenny.

In your opinion i trust, which other Wire fans are biased???

All of them.

#42 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Jul 20 2010, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes, it's now Warrington AND Wakefield

I concur
A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#43 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:30 PM

Castleford for mine.

#44 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:54 PM

I may be being thick, but I don't understand the question. Is it who are the most one eyed in terms of supporting their team and dissing others? That's a mind bender. I woudl hazard a guess that hardly anyone on here falls into that category as pretty much everyone loves the game. Surely you'd only find them on their club's notice boards.
If it's a bit of fun, then Fev fans are frightening in the intensity of devotion combined with a great sense of grievance.

#45 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Jul 20 2010, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All of them.

I'm surprised you didn't put around 9,000 or so wink.gif wink.gif

#46 brooza

brooza
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:16 AM

PSG fans

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#47 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,145 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:41 AM

I'll stick with Padge's original answer to the question a couple of years back.

#48 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (Dave T @ Jul 21 2010, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll stick with Padge's original answer to the question a couple of years back.

Me too if I'm honest but nothing wrong with the opportuity to have a sly dig!!! smile.gif

Look at Micks post for example - truly wolrd class!
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#49 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,665 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (Ed I Tackle @ Sep 22 2007, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All fans are biased to their own team, the question is a stupid one to ask.

One of my favourite ever exchanges between fans was when Wakey were playing at Odsal a few years back and this old guy was sitting in the stand and was screaming blue murder for every Bradford forward pass/knock-on - which he is entitled to do of course (but I think there was a bit of an element of winding up the opposition fans as well!). Whenever the Bulls fans did the same of course the outrage on his face was clear for all to see - I honestly think the guy thought that Wakey had never infringed on a single law of the game in the past 50 years.

A few people were winding him up and he was giving a bit back. Eventually Wakey were pulled up for a genuine forward pass - after the traditional cry of "FORRRRWARD" from the Bulls faithful. The old guy got up out of his seat and just shouted "You're all Biased!" and left. laugh.gif

Couldn't make it up! biggrin.gif

Edited by Amber Avenger, 21 July 2010 - 08:57 AM.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#50 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,145 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Jul 21 2010, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me too if I'm honest but nothing wrong with the opportuity to have a sly dig!!! smile.gif

Look at Micks post for example - truly wolrd class!

biggrin.gif Indeed.

It seems that many people take bias as meaning 'disagrees with what I say'.

#51 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (LEEDSLADGONE SOUTH @ Sep 19 2007, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Must be Wigan, surely!!
The most pious, arrogant, idiot fans about. Everyone of them to a man - you don't get real women in Wigan, tries to be magmanamous in defeat, or give an open and objective view of events, win or lose.
But you can see the painful undertones in their words. It's like thet're cr*pping a water melon everytime they type or open their mouth!! blink.gif

that reads like a very accurate description of the average south stander at shedingley....you just left out the glory hunter element.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#52 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,089 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (Viking Warrior @ Jul 21 2010, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that reads like a very accurate description of the average south stander at shedingley....you just left out the glory hunter element.

well done, we have a winner!
Founder of the convent pontoon team.

#53 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,593 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:54 AM

We Bradford fans are the most biased.

Despite all the evidence to the contrary, we are convinced that our team is rubbish and will win nothing this year.

biggrin.gif

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users