The Photography Thread

I think the thread's an excellent idea. Get it started, Mr Townie!

Although if artsifartiness is banned then I may struggle.

Seconded... I'm not good enough for some of the more 'serious' photography forum's out there and it would be nice to post some pictures withough ridicule! :)

Vince Lombardi

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."

"Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is."

Copa @ May 8 2005

Rugby League: Complex game, simple rules.

Rugby Union: Complex Rules, simple game.

Lets get Folding...

http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py...e&teamnum=43780

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/tea....php?s=&t=43780

Here we go folks - post your pics or links to pics - ask any questions, share best practices etc etc.....

I'll post my favourite to start

DSC04240.jpg

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

I've only got the kit lens with the 450d, and very good it is too... but, I'm thinking of something with a bit more punch, price is always a consideration, but, depends if the urge gets the better of me :ph34r:

The 450D kit lens is an IS lens though, is it not??

Whitehaven RLFC - Still in NL1, I blame Leroy Joe

Candlestick Chimney

Lord Oftheflies, Order of the Knights on the Town, (for services smoke removal devices in the architectural landscape of the North Country)

All Hail King Gerremonside I

Quite a timely thread this. Just ordered a Canon EOS 400D (Black) + EFS 18-55mm Lens from Jessops. Reckon this will do for starters after my little party point and click

That's exactly what I did, and I've been learning how to use it ever since!! :) I must big it up again though, get a copy of Understanding Exposure as mentioned earlier in the thread!!! It's probably more valuable than the camera itself in terms of what it'll teach you, and it'll cost you a fraction of the price (about

Candlestick Chimney

Lord Oftheflies, Order of the Knights on the Town, (for services smoke removal devices in the architectural landscape of the North Country)

I'm not confident that I've produced anything good yet, so I'll casually observe for the time being! :(

Candlestick Chimney

I'll put a few on ...

According to views and favourties, this is my most popular pic on Flickr. It was taken last November at Smithfield Market, central London.

1877762047_df81e16d81.jpg

But - I think, my mood changes on this - that this is my own favourite. This is from London's South Bank in February.

2236528023_7af1084931.jpg

And to annoy Townie, here's an arty rugby one I simply call "Try".

2562496520_f667eda2f9.jpg

More coming soon!

And you'll all be thrilled to learn that I am now part of the credit crunch as I mortgaged my granny to get the Nikkor AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 last night. Hopefully will get an outing at St Albans on the weekend.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

love the black & white ones

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

I'll put a few on ...

According to views and favourties, this is my most popular pic on Flickr. It was taken last November at Smithfield Market, central London.

1877762047_df81e16d81.jpg

I love the geometry of that shot.

Fides invicta triumphat

I love the geometry of that shot.

Geek!! :P

Candlestick Chimney

The 450D kit lens is an IS lens though, is it not??

Yes the 450d kit lens has IS as standard, from what I read (and what I've seen) it is a pretty good lens, but I reckon I could do with something with a longer zoom... for the birdies (feathered ones :blush: )

Vince Lombardi

Copa @ May 8 2005

Lets get Folding...

I'm not confident that I've produced anything good yet, so I'll casually observe for the time being! :(

Hmm... me to, especially after checking those pic's out above! :unsure:

Vince Lombardi

Copa @ May 8 2005

Lets get Folding...

There are some great shots on here already, but lets not make it just for good photographers, its a thread for anyone who has taken a photo and wants to know why it didn't come out ok, or how to do something or just publish a photo that makes you feel good.

A couple of my favourites are shots I took a few years ago when I was just getting into digital photography, both are not very good technically, but are great photos...

I took this one when I saw a 'bit of an altercation' going on and just 'poined and shot' from a long way off, the result, a Warrington Wizards player punching his own man

2057319986_7562a5f899.jpg

This other one was just snapped, and I didn't realise he was being 'tackled by the tackle' until I saw it on the screen afterwards

2057319984_7b97c1657f.jpg

Come on, there must be a few out there who have funny, very good or down right crappy photos you are willing to share, or questions you want to ask.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Oi! Get yer stuff on here!!!

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Got a Canon S5 IS last month, its a step up from a normal digi camera but is obviously not as big a step as a digi SLR. I was thinking of getting a SLR but the cost at this moment was too much (especially all the extra lenses!)

I can get a lense adapters that -

The TC-DC58B tele-converter converts the focal length of the body lens by a factor of approximately 1.5 (35 mm film equivalent at maximum telephoto: approximately 648 mm) when attached.

or

Converts the focal length of the body lens by a factor of approximately 0.75 (35 mm film equivalent at maximum wide angle: approximately 27 mm) when attached.

But what that all that mean? What does it do to my pics?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

100_1907.jpg

The art of strapping.

What a mess!!! ;) The Royal Navy do it so much neater.

IMG_7833a.jpg

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

A couple from strolling round London - bit blurry but never mind.

2573325973_a57d062a4b.jpg

2574147564_f31e9321d0.jpg

Edited by gingerjon

This is bloody genius: recreating famous images using Lego men. There are some on the BBC site but not this one:

The Twickenham Streaker

2489710349_57673b836d.jpg

The Full Set