The Photography Thread

• Please log in to reply
2752 replies to this topic

#2461 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,595 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

I prefer the colour one. It picks out the detailing on the roof better I think.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#2462 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

I was that engrossed with the game this afternoon that I nearly missed the glorious sunset view out of my window. It was only my wife interrupting me that made me go and get my camera and miss the last 10 mins of the game live (watched back afterwards obviously!)

11135825665_7a447de4a9_c.jpg
Views from Home by 77gazza, on Flickr

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#2463 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

i did the same thing,

sunset_zps4f8ebd28.jpg

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#2464 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

and another

sunset1_zpsa49a136b.jpg

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#2465 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

http://flic.kr/p/hYaeaD

I almost missed it as well.

Edited by Red Willow, 30 November 2013 - 07:14 PM.

#2466 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,297 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

I was that engrossed with the game this afternoon that I nearly missed the glorious sunset view out of my window. It was only my wife interrupting me that made me go and get my camera and miss the last 10 mins of the game live (watched back afterwards obviously!)

11135825665_7a447de4a9_c.jpg
Views from Home by 77gazza, on Flickr

Way too much HDR processing for my liking I'm afraid.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#2467 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:40 AM

Way too much HDR processing for my liking I'm afraid.

Fair enough, I quite like it. Personal choice and at least it was a deliberate effect rather than trying and failing to look perfectly natural!

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

#2468 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

Fair enough, I quite like it. Personal choice and at least it was a deliberate effect rather than trying and failing to look perfectly natural!

I quite like the nod to Constable. Although I'm no fan of Constable!

LUNEW.jpg

#2469 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,297 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

If the result pleases you its a great photograph, regardless of mine or other peoples preferences.

I'm just not a fan of HDR, it has its place but I'm not keen on it in this type of landscape shot.

I quite like saturated shots, others don't. It doesn't bother me that they don't. Its personal taste.

Edited by Padge, 01 December 2013 - 12:21 PM.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#2470 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

If the result pleases you its a great photograph, regardless of mine or other peoples preferences.

I'm just not a fan of HDR, it has its place but I'm not keen on it in this type of landscape shot.

I quite like saturated shots, others don't. It doesn't bother me that they don't. Its personal taste.

Exactly. I agree about HDR generally, I tried a variety of different blends of this particular shot, some far more subtle but felt for me, this worked best.

I like people to offer constructive criticism on my work, doesn't mean I have to agree with them, especially when its artistic interpretation that's being discussed. Keep commenting!

Please view my photos.

#2471 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,297 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

Exactly. I agree about HDR generally, I tried a variety of different blends of this particular shot, some far more subtle but felt for me, this worked best.

I like people to offer constructive criticism on my work, doesn't mean I have to agree with them, especially when its artistic interpretation that's being discussed. Keep commenting!

I'd be interested to see a more conventional version.

#2472 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,297 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:13 PM

Oliver and Andrea.

0W1C8041sm_zpsd5563ad6.jpg

#2473 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:43 PM

11277879524_ff95f88851_c.jpg

Edited by Kenilworth Tiger, 08 December 2013 - 09:43 PM.

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#2474 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,297 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

Clone out that twig in the middle. Job done.

Edited by Padge, 08 December 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#2475 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

Clone out that twig in the middle. Job done.

I tried but made a mess!

will keep trying
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#2476 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,282 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

Oliver and Andrea.

0W1C8041sm_zpsd5563ad6.jpg

beautiful

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#2477 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:58 PM

Enough!  Take this as a bloody big and very public warning.  This is three months in a row where I've had to step into the photo threads in one way or another and I'm now sick of it.  It's meant to be a fun thing.

Let's get this absolutely and crystal clear:  If Padge and others want to take the time to set up a monthly photo thread with some harmless voting attached to it then they get the complete support of me to do so without it being ruined by persistent bickering about it being a "debacle" or other negative posts about its fairness, objectivity or anything at all that's not to do with the photos themselves.  I will suspend any user without warning who decides to try me on this point.  Note, there's no may, or might about that statement, it will happen.

I genuinely couldn't care less about the fairness of the contest.  I couldn't care less if the winner of the thread has done so with corruption that would make the Zimbabwean General Elections seem honest.  IT'S A BIT OF FUN.. :angry:

(6 posts deleted)

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#2478 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:37 PM

Sorry CKN, I meant my comment as a joke. I wasn't trying to wind anyone up, Honest.

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#2479 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,282 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

Will somebody please please please talk me through slowly carefully in words of one syllable the way to post photos on here 

I use a Mac book

I know I'm dim

And I know people have tried before

But please show some mercy and compassion in this festive time

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#2480 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,076 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

Will somebody please please please talk me through slowly carefully in words of one syllable the way to post photos on here 

I use a Mac book

I know I'm dim

And I know people have tried before

But please show some mercy and compassion in this festive time

Let's start at the real basics... Do you have an internet site where you put your photos, e.g. Photobucket?  If not, why not create an account there, try to upload a photo then let us know, we'll take it from there.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users