Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

The Photography Thread

• Please log in to reply
2615 replies to this topic

#2601 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,093 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:41 AM

http://instagram.com/p/sngf-0yquK/

Link works but doesnt post photo

You need to wrap it in [img] tags, click the image icon, small square just under the smiley and font icons. Click on that and post your image URL in the dialog that pops up.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#2602 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:45 PM

Dartmouth

Attached Thumbnails

• Dartmouth03.jpg
  • Dartmouth04.jpg
  • Dartmouth38.jpg
  • Dartmouth42.jpg
  • Dartmouth68.jpg
  • Dartmouth75.jpg
  • Dartmouth78.jpg

Edited by Gary Coyle, 09 September 2014 - 07:55 PM.

#2603 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,952 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:45 AM

First attempt at Tilt-shift

Miniature Las Vegas
15028496817_7b6ac06169_z.jpg

Edited by Kenilworth Tiger, 12 September 2014 - 10:45 AM.

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#2604 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:54 AM

First attempt at Tilt-shift

Miniature Las Vegas
15028496817_7b6ac06169_z.jpg

What is tilt-shift?  So much of the picture seems out of focus.  What am I missing here?

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#2605 Exiled Townie

Exiled Townie
  • Coach
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:43 PM

What is tilt-shift?  So much of the picture seems out of focus.  What am I missing here?

Tilt-shift photography is a type of photography in which the camera/photo is manipulated so that a life-sized location or subject looks like a miniature-scale model.

Very basically (and someone will be along shortly to give you an explanation in words most people not 'into' photography won't understand) you can take a photo of a 'normal' scene and by 'blurring' the top and bottom, it fools the brain into seeing a 'model sized' version of the photo. 

Here's a couple of 'proper sized' events that have been tilt shifted to make them look like miniature models.

pattagon.jpg

dutchb0y.jpg

lf2.jpg

Jamfree.gifth_jasmax001.jpglaughingstock.jpg
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G.Orwell.
St Albans Centurions Website & St Albans Centurions Photo Site

#2606 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:59 PM

http://www.smashingm...ft-photography/

some good examples here

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#2607 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:08 PM

http://www.smashingm...ft-photography/

some good examples here

Amazing, I love them. I could lose hours looking at those, if I didn't have to go back on stage, with my band.

Kenny has the effect for sure.

How is it done?

#2608 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,921 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:08 AM

DSC_0009_zpseb1b7942.jpg

round the back of Ledston Hall yesterday evening

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#2609 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,952 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:44 PM

Amazing, I love them. I could lose hours looking at those, if I didn't have to go back on stage, with my band.

How is it done?

WIth your busy schedule, there;'s no time to learn, sorry

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#2610 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:21 PM

How is it done?

Perhaps you could find a photographer who has some experience of the tilt-shift technique and post a photo of you and your band performing?

LUNEW.jpg

#2611 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:16 PM

Perhaps you could find a photographer who has some experience of the tilt-shift technique and post a photo of you and your band performing?

Oh you can mock, but I've had some very exciting tour news just this afternoon. 

#2612 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,952 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:56 AM

Oh you can mock, but I've had some very exciting tour news just this afternoon. 

You're supporting Kirsty McColl?

Posted Image

#2613 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,921 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:46 AM

DSC_0047_zps0e047f40.jpg

Keeping it local

#2614 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:38 PM

You're supporting Kirsty McColl?

I once cleaned her guttering. It was the last time I saw her. It remember her shouting "Thankyou for the Jeyes" as I pulled off her drive.

Good times.

#2615 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:12 PM

I once cleaned her guttering. It was the last time I saw her. It remember her shouting "Thankyou for the Jeyes" as I pulled off her drive.
Good times.

It wasn't you that used to go down her fish shop was it?
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#2616 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,921 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:33 AM

Good times.

you are a stranger to Jeyes fluid.

Keeping it local

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users