• Please log in to reply
6308 replies to this topic

#5121 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

40 years today since the last moon landing

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#5122 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,579 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

40 years today since the last moon landing

A related tweet from the QI Elves: "The fuel tanks of the Apollo mission's rockets were so well insulated that an ice cube placed inside one would have taken 8 years to melt."

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5123 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,579 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

What chalk looks like under the microscope.

Edited by Futtocks, 11 December 2012 - 01:53 PM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5124 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,076 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

Architectural tour of Liverpool Saturday, for a hour or two.

may i suggest you check out this book (especially chapter 8 "Pub Walks"): http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/1859835503
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#5125 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

I have spent most of today booking our holiday at the end of January to that there Australia. Two weeks in Queensland strolling down memory lane.

I supplied the air miles. Mrs Timtum supplied the money. Top division of resources.
In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#5126 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

When I die, I will be the first organism in a family line going back millions of years organism not to have procreated.

These days, and even on this website, it's OK to be gay.

I didn't have my first offspring until I was 46.
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#5127 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Oh and I heard on radio 2 the other week that when two people get married you can do the vile thing and join together your surnames. So I would be Scherzindle... :wub:

That could be interesting if we did that. My mrs is Christian, I am Hesketh. Therefore Chris-Hesketh ex Wigan & Salford?
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#5128 twosevenzero

twosevenzero
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

Today is my birthday :D
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me".

FIOS

#5129 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

Three very enjoyable weeks away on holiday, got back last night (Friday), all goodwill gone with one trip to Tesco with a store full of ignorant, rude and downright annoying customers. Is a little bit of civility too much to ask for?

A few rules for a busy Saturday morning in a supermarket:
- do not park your trolley sideways on in an aisle while you stand at one end and your brats at the other
- if someone gives way to you in an aisle full of others blocking it then at least nod or smile if you can't open your mouth long enough to say "thank you"
- do not park your car across two parking slots. Your car isn't that nice. If you want space for your car then park at the other end of the car park, there's plenty of space but then you may have to walk for 10-15 extra seconds.
- the middle of the meat aisle isn't the place to have a heart-to-heart conversation with your friend completely blocking the aisle with your trolleys
- control your children while in the fresh food aisles, do not let them touch the food. Also, if you see your filthy urchin putting a grape in his mouth then put it back in the pack on the shelf then do the decent thing and buy the ****ing grapes or at least remove them from the shelf.
- it is not acceptable to walk in a line with your entire family at three paces per hour across the main central path in the supermarket. Consider those who can shuffle faster and maybe want to do some shopping.
- if you're too small to reach something on the top shelf and ask someone to get it for you then have the good grace to say "thank you" when they do so rather than simply complain and say "that's too expensive, I won't bother" then walk away. I don't care if you're old, that does not excuse rudeness.
- it is not the poor girl behind the checkout counter's fault that you're an ######. You are not better than her. If she says "hello" and smiles at you then it's not nice to scowl at her.
- the time to offer up vouchers is BEFORE you pay, not after. Again, it's not the poor girl's fault you're an ######.
- the bumper of my car is not the place to leave your trolley while you're filling your car
- Finally, standing behind my car gossiping when I'm about to reverse is a bad idea. If I ask you very politely to move then don't roll your eyes at me and sigh, there are some angry people out there who might not have reacted as calmly after that shopping trip.

Ah well, back to work on Monday.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#5130 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

Ah well, back to work on Monday.

That will put you in a better mood

#5131 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,335 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

- do not park your car across two parking slots. Your car isn't that nice. If you want space for your car then park at the other end of the car park, there's plenty of space but then you may have to walk for 10-15 extra seconds.

I don't do this but one of my pet hates is people not respecting other peoples cars. I've caught someone opening a door into mine and it was just an 'oh sorry' when I confronted them. Some people just don't think and seem to be in a haze and totally unaware of those around them when out in public.
Fides invicta triumphat

#5132 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

one thing that absolutely drives me mad is the complete arseholes that stay stood at the bar after being served even if the pub is chocka,they just stand and will not move even though punters are struggling dragging pints of ale across their faces or over their heads, i swear to god one of theses days.......

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#5133 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,335 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

one thing that absolutely drives me mad is the complete arseholes that stay stood at the bar after being served even if the pub is chocka,they just stand and will not move even though punters are struggling dragging pints of ale across their faces or over their heads, i swear to god one of theses days.......

Right with you on that one.
Fides invicta triumphat

#5134 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,602 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

Tumble driers really smell when they catch fire!
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#5135 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,686 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Tumble driers really smell when they catch fire!

Those Leeds shirts smell even after you've washed them.
;)

Actually my own washer gave off smoke and smell last week the drum bearings are cream crackered. I've been advised to get another machine as they cost a fair bit to replace.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#5136 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,602 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

;)

Actually my own washer gave off smoke and smell last week the drum bearings are cream crackered. I've been advised to get another machine as they cost a fair bit to replace.

Bdum tschhhhhh.
New drier ordered,given that the whole of the top of the old one melted.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 07 January 2013 - 04:25 PM.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#5137 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,103 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

- it is not the poor girl behind the checkout counter's fault that you're an ######. You are not better than her. If she says "hello" and smiles at you then it's not nice to scowl at her.
- the time to offer up vouchers is BEFORE you pay, not after. Again, it's not the poor girl's fault you're an ######.

"Moderator falls victim to forum censorship" shocker!

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#5138 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

;)

had a bloke round yesterday to fit a new drum he said the old one (4 mths old) was ####### he did it in 30mins, the old one is out back if you want it. :)

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#5139 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

This is the first year since 1987 that there are 4 different numbers in the year.

#5140 BD92

BD92
  • Coach
  • 7,938 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

I am watching Classic Albums "Dark side" again.... it's still fascinating.
And so the future begins.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users