Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Uninteresting Trivial Facts

• Please log in to reply
6114 replies to this topic

#5401 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

It's nearly home time.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5402 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

My lungs are knackered.....

38 years of smoking is taking its toll.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#5403 MikeW

MikeW
  • Coach
  • 803 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

Having spent all day on a stall at a summer fair over the weekend I can confirm that children of Junior school age are by far the politest members of society. 

#5404 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

It should be interesting when kids celebrate these new GSCE's scores;

"Yay, I got 5 1's, 4 2's, 3 3's and 1 4."

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5405 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

It should be interesting when kids celebrate these new GSCE's scores;

"Yay, I got 5 1's, 4 2's, 3 3's and 1 4."

It's daft... numerical ratings are just about OK if you have 1 as high then 8 as low as you can just about infer that without a qualifier, to have 8 as the high score will need a qualifier against that score.  If someone said to me that they got a grade 8 in their GCSE for a subject and I didn't know 8 was high then I'd be thinking about why they'd be revealing an abysmal result.  I don't see the problem with letter scores, an A is an A, that is unless the qualification has been degraded so much that the top score is A*****!*!*!!*+++ and a simple A is a marginal pass.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#5406 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

It's daft... numerical ratings are just about OK if you have 1 as high then 8 as low as you can just about infer that without a qualifier, to have 8 as the high score will need a qualifier against that score.  If someone said to me that they got a grade 8 in their GCSE for a subject and I didn't know 8 was high then I'd be thinking about why they'd be revealing an abysmal result.  I don't see the problem with letter scores, an A is an A, that is unless the qualification has been degraded so much that the top score is A*****!*!*!!*+++ and a simple A is a marginal pass.

I thought the proposals were 1 being top. Although I didn't hear whether it was/wasn't.

I suppose it's the same as music Grades then?

They should use colours like martial arts.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5407 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,863 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

Happy birthday to Gene Wilder, who is 80 :O today.
  • ckn likes this

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5408 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

Happy birthday to Gene Wilder, who is 80 :O today.

Considering recent times, more apt for him to play Willie Wonka now.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5409 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

I thought the proposals were 1 being top. Although I didn't hear whether it was/wasn't.

I suppose it's the same as music Grades then?

They should use colours like martial arts.

8 is the high score, the idea is that you can add up all your scores to get a nice overall mark at GCSE level of education.  In a few years, they'll probably add 9, 10, 11 and 12 point scores to help show that educational standards are still increasing...

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#5410 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

8 is the high score, the idea is that you can add up all your scores to get a nice overall mark at GCSE level of education. 

Are calculators allowed to add them up?

• ckn likes this

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5411 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

At home today, I just went to put the RU Lions game on in the background but hit delete by accident.  I'm fairly convinced my subconscious took over, gave me a mental slap and hit delete before I could watch it.

Please don't post spoilers on here, I may watch the game later on a highlights version..

#5412 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

At home today, I just went to put the RU Lions game on in the background but hit delete by accident.  I'm fairly convinced my subconscious took over, gave me a mental slap and hit delete before I could watch it.

Please don't post spoilers on here, I may watch the game later on a highlights version..

skyHD? It should have a "Delete" tab on the Planner which keeps stuff you've deleted.

In fact I'd guess many set-top devices would have them, Dr Who talks about the one on Virgin.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5413 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

skyHD? It should have a "Delete" tab on the Planner which keeps stuff you've deleted.

In fact I'd guess many set-top devices would have them, Dr Who talks about the one on Virgin.

Ah, cheers for that...

#5414 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

Ah, cheers for that...

Now unlock those threads...! ;)

And shift your post from UTF to the Cross-Code. :biggrin:

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5415 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

Now unlock those threads...! ;)

And shift your post from UTF to the Cross-Code. :biggrin:

I got more complaints about leaving those threads open so long than I have about locking them!  I'm sure rugby league folk would stop breathing if they ran out of things to complain about. ;)

#5416 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

I got more complaints about leaving those threads open so long than I have about locking them!  I'm sure rugby league folk would stop breathing if they ran out of things to complain about. ;)

That's what the 'ignore' function is for...

:mosking:

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5417 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

That's what the 'ignore' function is for...

:mosking:

Unfortunately, I can't ignore people...

#5418 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

Unfortunately, I can't ignore people...

He's a poor lad.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5419 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,697 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

I'm sure rugby league folk would stop breathing if they ran out of things to complain about.

:lol:

Fides invicta triumphat

#5420 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

I just realised that as of last week I've been self employed for six years and 1 month.  That's my new record for a paid job.

I've been a moderator of this site for 9 years!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users