Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Uninteresting Trivial Facts

• Please log in to reply
6114 replies to this topic

#5581 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,857 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

By this time tomorrow, our kitten will be 2 stones lighter.

Kit-e-Kat Ex-Lax is a terrible thing to do to a trusting, loving pet, CKN.  :telephone: 

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5582 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,609 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:25 PM

My son has been interviewed on local radio tonight, played a couple of tracks from his band's new cd.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#5583 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:51 PM

Kit-e-Kat Ex-Lax is a terrible thing to do to a trusting, loving pet, CKN. :telephone:

By losing 2 stones, I meant snip snip, permanent soprano for life eunuch. ;)

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#5584 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:55 AM

One happy son,he's met Wilko,carried his guitars,helped him with the soundcheck.Also met Norman Watt-Roy,who's playing bass for Wilko and Steve Howes son,who's playing drums.

Have met Wilko on many occasions, having seen him in various incarnations of Solid Senders/WJ bands, he is a top bloke. Similarly, NWR is a legend and a top bloke and it's very difficult not to watch him rather than Wilko when on stage.

Any word on how Wilko's health is holding up?

LUNEW.jpg

#5585 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,609 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

Any word on how Wilko's health is holding up?

Wilko is playing the Bingley Festival at the end of August. £45 for 3 days including Human League, Primal Scream and Chic.

http://www.thetelegr...ley_Music_Live/

http://www.efestival...13/lineup.shtml

Edited by Wolford6, 29 July 2013 - 08:57 AM.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#5586 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Poor wee kitten.  He just seems so disappointed in us.  He's spent the last 10 minutes since getting home looking at his memories.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#5587 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

BT decided today to create a cease order on my phone line with immediate effect.  This immediately cancelled my fibre broadband and my broadband provider sent me a note saying that I may have to pay up for the rest of the contract if I can't fix the problem.

Now, the funny part is that I've never missed a direct debit or payment ever.  BT think it was "user error" on their side and it'll take 7 days to reactivate my phone line.  They offered a £10 credit to my account.  I made it very clear that that's not even slightly acceptable.

I have a telephone line again ... Two weeks later.  Finally got through to some helpful people at BT.  Now, my broadband provider needs to reactivate the line from their side but their customer services people go home at 5pm...

Thank $deity for mobile broadband and living in a good area for it.

#5588 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 6,898 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

I have a telephone line again ... Two weeks later.  Finally got through to some helpful people at BT.  Now, my broadband provider needs to reactivate the line from their side but their customer services people go home at 5pm...

Thank $deity for mobile broadband and living in a good area for it.

My order for BT infinity was a complete joke, they really are a useless bunch of muppets.

Going from a BT business line to a BT domestic line was almost too much for them to cope with. They took my order then had to cancel it as the two parts of BT are apparently incompatible. I then placed a new order and it took over a month for the phone line to be activated then another month for the broadband to be activated. I've only recently convinced them to stop charging me for both the original order that was cancelled and the order they finally managed to complete. They also tried charging me from the date of the order despite it taking them months to get everything up and running.

28m391z.jpg

#5589 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,857 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:20 PM

Kirk_Yetholm_viewA.jpg

A view down the road from where I am currently spending a few days away from the sweltering metropolis.

Edited by Futtocks, 29 July 2013 - 11:22 PM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5590 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:07 AM

One day until my daughter goes to Beijing for a 2 month internship - be the making of her - due back on her 22nd b'day all grown up

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#5591 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

One day until my daughter goes to Beijing for a 2 month internship - be the making of her - due back on her 22nd b'day all grown up

Oooh!  Who with?

She should have a ball.  A fascinating place.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#5592 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:40 AM

One of the accountancy degree boards - I am so nervous and excited for her. I couldn't get the day off for love nor money, and telling them all about it means I can't throw a sicky lol

Her dad and bro are taking her 

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#5593 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:12 AM

I rediscovered tonight how much I like a nice glass of decent port.

#5594 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:32 AM

So I hear The Sun is going behind a pay-wall.

No wonder it's been bloody raining so much.

Bloody Tories will make us pay for everything, even nice weather. <_<

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5595 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 6,898 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

I rediscovered tonight how much I like a nice glass of decent port.

I was out in Portugal last week, Port is shockingly cheap out there and very nice. Some of the local wines were only a couple of euros a bottle and were also superb. 

28m391z.jpg

#5596 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

My order for BT infinity was a complete joke, they really are a useless bunch of muppets.

Going from a BT business line to a BT domestic line was almost too much for them to cope with. They took my order then had to cancel it as the two parts of BT are apparently incompatible. I then placed a new order and it took over a month for the phone line to be activated then another month for the broadband to be activated. I've only recently convinced them to stop charging me for both the original order that was cancelled and the order they finally managed to complete. They also tried charging me from the date of the order despite it taking them months to get everything up and running.

Try working with BT, Virgin, KCom, Interroute, Verizon and level 3....

Oh and Huawei

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#5597 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 7,959 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

Try working with BT, Virgin, KCom, Interroute, Verizon and level 3....

Oh and Huawei

I was at mobile world congress in Barcelona earlier this year. I looked at the Huawei stand.
It looked just like the Cisco stand from 2007.
God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#5598 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:12 AM

I can't believe I'd never heard about this until today.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5599 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

I think it's time to look for a new job.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5600 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

The worst part about being a moderator is that you cannot put the forum trolls on "ignore" :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users