Uninteresting Trivial Facts

• Please log in to reply
6209 replies to this topic

#5601 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:21 PM

The worst part about being a moderator is that you cannot put the forum trolls on "ignore" :(

Oh go on, just for one day.   :rtfm:

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#5602 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

The worst part about being a moderator is that you cannot put the forum trolls on "ignore" :(

Martyn isn't that bad....

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#5603 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

Lakeland silicon non-stick cake tins aren't non-stick.  I took two cakes out of the oven about 30 mins ago and just tried to turn them out but had half of the cake stick to the bottom of the tin.  The third layer has gone in with greaseproof paper to ensure I get at least one proper layer for the bloody cake.

A good job I'm thoroughly icing the thing or it'd look abysmal.

The cake tins are going back at the weekend for a refund.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#5604 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

Martyn isn't that bad....

:D

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#5605 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:48 AM

Lakeland silicon non-stick cake tins aren't non-stick.  I took two cakes out of the oven about 30 mins ago and just tried to turn them out but had half of the cake stick to the bottom of the tin.  The third layer has gone in with greaseproof paper to ensure I get at least one proper layer for the bloody cake.

A good job I'm thoroughly icing the thing or it'd look abysmal.

The cake tins are going back at the weekend for a refund.

I thought you always line and grease a tin, whether it's non-stick or not.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5606 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

But you can boot them off.

Name and shame them.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5607 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

Today I am the answer to life, the universe and everything.

#5608 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

Old.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5609 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

Yep

#5610 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,093 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

I did think you're maybe Ruben Wiki.

Then the old grey matter clicked into gear and realised no, it wouldn't be a cool reference. ;)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5611 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

I did think you're maybe Ruben Wiki.

Then the old grey matter clicked into gear and realised no, it wouldn't be a cool reference. ;)

I did post understanding that probably half the forum wouldn't get it...

#5612 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,167 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

Today I am the answer to life, the universe and everything.

I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.

• ckn likes this
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#5613 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

I thought you always line and grease a tin, whether it's non-stick or not.

That's the thing with silicon cake moulds, they shouldn't need any lining or greasing, the video on the website specifically says that.  The cupcake moulds are very good for that and have never stuck.  I got the 8" pan moulds based on my experience with the cupcake ones and didn't bother reading reviews, I should have as it seems more than a few people had the same experience.

#5614 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,581 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

That's the thing with silicon cake moulds, they shouldn't need any lining or greasing, the video on the website specifically says that.  The cupcake moulds are very good for that and have never stuck.  I got the 8" pan moulds based on my experience with the cupcake ones and didn't bother reading reviews, I should have as it seems more than a few people had the same experience.

Lakeland stuff is generally pretty good, so this is a surprise.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5615 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

Lakeland stuff is generally pretty good, so this is a surprise.

Yep, their customer service is usually exceptional as well so I'll return the things tomorrow for a refund.

#5616 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,581 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:45 PM

Look who's been promoted to the new role of global chief operating officer for GroupM Interaction!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5617 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:46 PM

Oh dear :D

#5618 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,933 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

I'm moving onto the next stage of my midlife crisis and am trading in my Porsche for a diesel estate. :(
Fides invicta triumphat

#5619 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

My daughter camped out on The Great Wall of China last night!!

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#5620 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

My daughter camped out on The Great Wall of China last night!!

Excellent!

And a top excuse to pour another glass of rose.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users