Uninteresting Trivial Facts

• Please log in to reply
6140 replies to this topic

#5901 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,764 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

It's one huge advantage of not working in London this year, I can actually do things on weeknights!

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#5902 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:09 AM

They're doing Giselle tomorrow night and The Nutcracker on Saturday and I'm very tempted to go for that as there's still tickets available.

Go for it, I am sure you won't regret it. Live music takes some beating.

28m391z.jpg

#5903 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,212 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

There's nothing quite the power of a 100+ piece orchestra who are really on good form. And ballet music is actually good to listen to without the dancing too, if you're just listening at home.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5904 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,026 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

Derek Jeter is retiring.  Jeter is a baseball player so you may not have heard of him.  However for twenty years he has been both annoyingly successful, consistently (mostly) brilliant and ... damn lucky with the ladies.

BgYMqZACMAA5iVt.jpg

He also got to be funny on Seinfeld.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#5905 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:50 PM

What a nice quack, the first time I have been to a doctor's surgery with 5 framed RL jumpers around the walls, and a Sydney Roosters mascot on the desk.

On the downside, blood pressure of 195 over 110.  Pills for the rest of my days.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#5906 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,764 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

And that's Giselle done :)  Thoroughly enjoyed it.  Fantastically captivating dancing, acting and music along with a very well acted tragedy story.  Next, tomorrow night is The Nutcracker.

The bad thing was a group of four quite well dressed loudmouths (two 50-something couples) who thought it was acceptable to talk through the orchestral introduction before curtains opened.  A quick growl from me shut them up.  Then the show started and they randomly nattered to each other, usually just as I was engrossed in the show and it made me lose the spell.  I was about to get up and tell them to f*** off when a pair of security guards came and sat either side of them for the rest of the show with, I assume, a quiet word of "shut up or you're going home early".

I really don't get it... why would you pay all that money for some very good seats at a ballet then want to sit and chat?

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#5907 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,764 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

Also, I now have an alternative meaning to getting an attack of the Wilis :)

#5908 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,212 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:26 AM

And that's Giselle done :)  Thoroughly enjoyed it.  Fantastically captivating dancing, acting and music along with a very well acted tragedy story.  Next, tomorrow night is The Nutcracker.

The bad thing was a group of four quite well dressed loudmouths (two 50-something couples) who thought it was acceptable to talk through the orchestral introduction before curtains opened.  A quick growl from me shut them up.  Then the show started and they randomly nattered to each other, usually just as I was engrossed in the show and it made me lose the spell.  I was about to get up and tell them to f*** off when a pair of security guards came and sat either side of them for the rest of the show with, I assume, a quiet word of "shut up or you're going home early".

I really don't get it... why would you pay all that money for some very good seats at a ballet then want to sit and chat?

Corporate entertainment, rather than music lovers. Thankfully, people like this often just quietly doze off once the performance is under way. 

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5909 Bigal02

Bigal02
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:35 AM

What a nice quack, the first time I have been to a doctor's surgery with 5 framed RL jumpers around the walls, and a Sydney Roosters mascot on the desk.

On the downside, blood pressure of 195 over 110.  Pills for the rest of my days.

I'm the same.  My only concern is that the doctor only gave me enough tablets to last a week!!

#5910 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,212 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:35 PM

The talk of the Twittersphere is that Wong Kei, the Chinese restaurant with the rudest staff in London, has closed. :( 

#5911 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

The talk of the Twittersphere is that Wong Kei, the Chinese restaurant with the rudest staff in London, has closed. :(

Not to worry I am sure the staff will all soon find jobs manning telephone helplines.

28m391z.jpg

#5912 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,212 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

Not to worry I am sure the staff will all soon find jobs manning telephone helplines.

Some claims appearing now that the sign on the front door mentions refurbishment. Hope so - it's a Soho institution. "You finished eating! Now pay up and #### off!"

#5913 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

My hearing annoys me.  If I'm in a quiet room with someone then I'll hear everything they're saying regardless of how quietly they say it but add more distracting noises and I hear less and less.  If I go to a loud pub then I'd be as well being deaf as I just cannot hear people and have to guess what they're saying by a combination of the sounds I hear and what their lips look like they're saying.

Too many big explosions in the artillery, I think...  My friend, a navy explosives expert, has similar and had to get a very, very expensive top-of-the-line hearing aid to fix the problem, cheaper and even the very good mid-range ones just amplify all noises whereas my friends is directional, as long as he's looking in the right direction then he's fine.

It sounds like the ageing process. 

Sorry.

Next thing you know, you'll find it harder to see clearly when driving at night.

#5914 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:49 AM

I've just had a piece of Christmas cake.

Edited by hindle xiii, 21 February 2014 - 08:50 AM.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5915 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

I've just had a piece of Christmas cake.

I've just had a second piece of Christmas cake.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5916 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,469 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

Apparently opening in March

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wong_Kei

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#5917 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,212 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

Apparently opening in March

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wong_Kei

Yep, only closed for refurbishment. Panic over.

#5918 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:16 PM

Junior Witter's car is parked outside my house.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#5919 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,212 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

Junior Witter's car is parked outside my house.

He'll be annoyed with you when he finds out...

#5920 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

It's a girls car anyway, Merc sports.

Obviously, you can tell him that, rather than me.

;)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users