League Express Digital-Only Easter Edition Out Now!

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Uninteresting Trivial Facts

• Please log in to reply
6011 replies to this topic

#6001 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 15,994 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:13 PM

SKY

Sorry... you mispronounced it... it's "sigh".  As in "sigh" when you see your latest resurrection banned.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#6002 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 15,994 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:20 PM

I know this is a decent forum with decent people but I really don't get it why people who have been repeatedly given chances then blow it again keep coming back.  Especially when the nice troll-finder tools are so good it usually only takes a few very innocent posts for them to trigger the alerts.

• Larry the Leit likes this

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#6003 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,772 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:32 AM

I know this is a decent forum with decent people but I really don't get it why people who have been repeatedly given chances then blow it again keep coming back.  Especially when the nice troll-finder tools are so good it usually only takes a few very innocent posts for them to trigger the alerts.

Name them, unless the banned user has paid you £100.

Otherwise that just makes you a hypocrite...

;)

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#6004 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 15,994 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:57 AM

Name them, unless the banned user has paid you £100.

Otherwise that just makes you a hypocrite...

;)

Never really been my style naming and shaming...  There are four or five repeat offenders, ranging from generally decent people, who just don't know when to stop, to racist abusive thwaites.  Each of those has probably been banned at least three times and have now exhausted our patience for trying to rehabilitate ex-offenders, they're banned on sight when they trigger the troll-finder tools.

That said, we don't just ban people based on a bit of technology, I have to have extra evidence, it's usually quite easy to find but some people are more clever than others at hiding their tell-tales.

• Larry the Leit likes this

#6005 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,772 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

Never really been my style naming and shaming...  There are four or five repeat offenders, ranging from generally decent people, who just don't know when to stop, to racist abusive thwaites.  Each of those has probably been banned at least three times and have now exhausted our patience for trying to rehabilitate ex-offenders, they're banned on sight when they trigger the troll-finder tools.

That said, we don't just ban people based on a bit of technology, I have to have extra evidence, it's usually quite easy to find but some people are more clever than others at hiding their tell-tales.

I was double charged £450 today.  I checked my online account today and noticed that the "available balance" was £450 lower than I expected, a quick call to the bank told me who it was.  A not so friendly call to the establishment had them deny it at first then say it was an admin error.  The only reason I'm not naming and shaming the company is that they promised a £100 refund as well as the refund of the £450 double charge.  If the £100 isn't credited properly then I'll happily name them.

Sheer double standards!

*shakes head*

:biggrin:

• Tiny Tim likes this

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#6006 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 15,994 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:55 AM

Sheer double standards!

*shakes head*

:biggrin:

:P

One's to do with my responsibilites as a forum administrator and the old rule of "privately discipline, publicly praise".  The other's to do with me as an individual being out of pocket by £450.  I'm not as tolerant as an individual as I am when I have responsibilties to either TRL or in my work to clients.

#6007 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 6,552 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:13 AM

Not really understanding how IT type things work I have this picture of you sat at your desk wearing a sword that mysteriously glows whenever a Troll appears upon the messages boards.

This sword was gifted to you by the Elves (or maybe John).....

The last government were convinced that we were there to do their bidding. They wasted vast quantities of our money in order to spy on us, intimidate us and needlessly over regulate us, whilst gold plating their own pensions and expenses. Their behind the scenes encouragement of, and turning a blind eye to, the kettling and harrassment tactics of the Police are a shameful episode in our history which we need to remember and address urgently. - Haloman

#6008 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 15,994 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:41 AM

Not really understanding how IT type things work I have this picture of you sat at your desk wearing a sword that mysteriously glows whenever a Troll appears upon the messages boards.

This sword was gifted to you by the Elves (or maybe John).....

Not really, it's more like a subconscious nagging, taunting us to just ban people, a bit like voices in our heads.  "Go on... ban him...  he's a troll and no-one likes him anyway".

#6009 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

Off to Bize Minervois today with my good friend audois.  

We turned up for a charity do where we ate fish, chips and mushy peas at 11.30 on behalf of the Royal British Legion.

The highlight was a discovery in the big barn of the property: a 1914 - 18 vintage, Model T Ford flat bed truck.  Apparently, the US army brought thousands of them over in 1917/18 and then left them when they returned after the conflict had ended.  This particular one was in use until the sixties for bringing in the grape harvest.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#6010 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 18,578 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:29 PM

Skim through the 'Police Academy' trailer, and the Daz Doorstep Challenge outtakes, and you will see Suzi Perry playing the part of a young Cherie Lunghi in a coffee advert.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#6011 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 15,994 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

I saw the following transaction in my bank account today:

ScreenShot.png

:O

It took me about 5 minutes to remember I bought a computer game during the week called that, the add-on to Diablo.

#6012 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 18,578 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

I saw the following transaction in my bank account today:

ScreenShot.png

:O

It took me about 5 minutes to remember I bought a computer game during the week called that, the add-on to Diablo.

Yes, but you did pay the bill in BLOOD from Yog-SoggothGames.co.hell

• ckn likes this

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users