TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Uninteresting Trivial Facts

• Please log in to reply
6334 replies to this topic

#6081 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:58 PM

They do give me a nice bit of publicity every now and then them two (Radcliffe & Maconie).

And I managed to mention rugby league!

Hope I didn't come across as too much of a posterior….

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#6082 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

They do give me a nice bit of publicity every now and then them two (Radcliffe & Maconie).

And I managed to mention rugby league!

Hope I didn't come across as too much of a posterior….

I wasn't really listening... then heard the words sausages and Rugby League...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#6083 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:16 PM

I wasn't really listening... then heard the words sausages and Rugby League...

If ever there was a combination of words to make a chap wotsit up his ears….

Edited by timtum, 16 June 2014 - 03:17 PM.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#6084 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

There's an advert on the regional paper's website (East Anglian Daily Times) that says "Did you know that the EADT is available to view online?".  Nope, I didn't, thankfully your website helped me learn that you have a website.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#6085 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

Just listened to some bloke called Tim, who makes sausages, on the radio.

I'm guessing but, wouldn't a flat surface, say a kitchen worktop, be much better?

LUNEW.jpg

#6086 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,670 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

First day back at work today after two weeks off on sick leave. Not enjoying this at all. It's sunny and nice outside and I am stuck here ploughing through 100s of unread emails and I have a very dull telecon due to start in 15 mins.

#6087 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

First day back at work today after two weeks off on sick leave. Not enjoying this at all. It's sunny and nice outside and I am stuck here ploughing through 100s of unread emails and I have a very dull telecon due to start in 15 mins.

Unless it's a web teleconference with functionality that shows who is speaking, why not liven it up with a few noises during the call.  Maybe some heavy breathing, the occasional fart, background music or similar.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#6088 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,670 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:20 PM

Unless it's a web teleconference with functionality that shows who is speaking, why not liven it up with a few noises during the call.  Maybe some heavy breathing, the occasional fart, background music or similar.

Sadly there's a web option for controlling the call (even if no slides) so you can see which line the noise is coming from and mute or disconnect them if you feel that way inclined. Have to play nicely.

#6089 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

My internet connection with BT is suffering as part of their national problem with their routing to most internet sites.  TRL is one of the very few sites that I can access.

#6090 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,871 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:41 AM

I had the engineer round yesterday to connect my line. He tested it and all seemed okay. Another engineer came round later and re-tested it, once again, with no problems. However, still no broadband available from the router. I'll give it 'til Monday.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#6091 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:16 AM

I was just about to walk out the door to drive for about 1hr 45m to Welwyn Garden City for a 30 minute meeting and I decided to check my emails again.  Just as I was shutting down Outlook I saw an email pop up with "CANCELLED" as the header.  The meeting has been cancelled.  That's 3.5hrs of my life back :)

I'd have made it the entire way there if I hadn't checked as I refuse to answer my phone when driving and had no stops planned to check my emails en-route.

This NHS lot really haven't caught on to the benefits of teleconferences.

#6092 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,670 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

Just off to meet up with some friends who I worked with for quite a few years; today is their last day as they are shutting the site down. The site has been open since the 1930s and a major employer in the area for a lot of that time. Apparently they may be building a Morrisons and some new 'affordable' houses on the site.

Bit of end of an era, some of the guys have been there for 20 years or more. I jumped ship a few years ago when the first rumblings of the closure were afoot, but still feel quite sad about this  :(

#6093 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,871 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:11 PM

I had the engineer round yesterday to connect my line. He tested it and all seemed okay. Another engineer came round later and re-tested it, once again, with no problems. However, still no broadband available from the router. I'll give it 'til Monday.

Yay! Working now. Tested speed (12-13Mb/s), which will do okay for me. No more BT Wi-Fi with Fon, which I'd been using as a stopgap. The latter is a useful emergency fallback, but not cheap (although there's no line rental) and getting a useable signal can be iffy.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#6094 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

Yay! Working now. Tested speed (12-13Mb/s), which will do okay for me. No more BT Wi-Fi with Fon, which I'd been using as a stopgap. The latter is a useful emergency fallback, but not cheap (although there's no line rental) and getting a useable signal can be iffy.

If it was BT's fault you were without internet, call up their complaints line and ask them to refund the costs.  They usually do if you ask nicely.

#6095 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,871 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

If it was BT's fault you were without internet, call up their complaints line and ask them to refund the costs.  They usually do if you ask nicely.

Nope, they (their contracted company anyway) connected me on the agreed date and, because there weren't enough connections on the building, the poor guy had to run a new line from up the street, across several building and down into the connection box.

The broadband provider were three days late activating, but have emailed me to let me know they started charging my direct debit today instead of Friday. Three days isn't a big enough deal to make a fuss about. If I was running a business, it might be a different matter.

#6096 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,493 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:02 AM

I find the latest Ikea adverts really irritating. Why are they suddenly calling themselves i-KEA? If this is the Swedish pronunciation, why didn't they just start out like that instead of IKEA?

#6097 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,670 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

I just had a call from one of those scammers claiming to be working for Microsoft support. I've never had one of those before I normally only get the PPI reclaim folk.

He seemed very nice but got a bit frustrated when I kept telling him to repeat everything three times, then he hung up when I put him on mute. How very rude.

#6098 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,148 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

Where I live has been voted the top place in Europe for a picnic: Formby beach named number one in list of top European picnic spots :)

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#6099 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:32 PM

Where I live has been voted the top place in Europe for a picnic: Formby beach named number one in list of top European picnic spots  :)

'... prehistoric human footprints have also been found on the nearby mudflats'

Well, it is Lancashire.

;)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#6100 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,148 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

'... prehistoric human footprints have also been found on the nearby mudflats'

Well, it is Lancashire.

;)

Yes. The footprints were found to be about 5,000 years old and are thought to prove that there was civilization on the Lancashire coast going back at least 5,000 years. This pre-dates civilization reaching Yorkshire...... by about 5,000 years. :D

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users