Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

A Cunning Conundrum Help Wanted.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Forgeron

Forgeron
  • Coach
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:46 PM

Hi all Forum members. Can you help find anyone who played for, administered Fulham RL?
There is a reunion at London Harlequins RL for the last home game of the season against Catalan Dragons. I am trying to contact past players, Ex Colts, administrators.
Some of the people, in no particular order, I am trying to trace are:

Martin Dean, Played for 2 or 3 seasons at Fulham
Doug Wimbourn, Played reserve grade with a couple of first team appearances
Adrian Why Reserve Grade Player believed to be in Ireland
Barry Peart worked at Harrods
Albert Helg Big Kiwi
Simon Mitchell,Last heard of selling financial services
Roy Leslie Played for 2 seasons in the first team, aggressive winger
Frank Feighan Player Fulham scored one of the top tries according to the Ray French Video.
Conrad Scott Fulham Player
Steve Gyatt last heard of back in RL Feltham we think
Dave Allan Fulham
Dave Gillan Fulham Top try scorer
Neil Tufts Fulham from Featherstone used to be a pit deputy that was before the miners strike
Dave Eckersy Fulham

If any of the knowledgeable contributors to this forum, can you put them in touch with this forum or Harlequins RL. I will gladly put people in touch with the budding organisation.

Thanks for your help Hic

#2 outlaw13

outlaw13
  • Coach
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:00 PM

Have you tried Tony Benson at London Skolars. Tony was around at that time and may have even played some games. I was playing with South London Wanderers and knew Roy and played some friendlies against those guys but wouldn't have a clue where they are now.

Cheers

#3 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:43 PM

if you don't mind me saying, you'd be better off putting the name of the fulham club in the title of your thread.

that would attract the attention of people who may be able to help.

best of luck!

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#4 Bondi Cannon

Bondi Cannon
  • Coach
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:16 PM

Martin Dean, I think if it is the same guy, refereed for some years in the London Society, now the Southern Referees Society. You could contact Alan Smith or Allan Steven down there and I reckon they could find him for you. Or try an old Barla handbook ie about 8-10 yrs ago which listed referees contact details.

#5 Forgeron

Forgeron
  • Coach
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:38 AM

I tried the Referees Society some days ago no luck tracking down Martin, but thanks for the suggestion.

#6 jeffgreenleaf

jeffgreenleaf
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:15 PM

Hi did you ever track down Frank Feighan?

Im form hiosold Union club and we are trying to get a lot of old players together?

tahnks

jeff

#7 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:04 AM

Dave Eckersley emigrated to Australia, and dida bit of scouting for us there. I've sent you a message about another player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users