What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saying goodbye to Jack Bruce with this album:

img23.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saying goodbye to Jack Bruce with this album:

img23.jpg

71 years old was thought of as a 'good innings' not that long ago. It isn't any more. I think I'll give Rope Ladder to the Moon a listen for the same reason as you and because it reminds me of my Withnail and I period-them woz the days.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

71 years old was thought of as a 'good innings' not that long ago. It isn't any more. I think I'll give Rope Ladder to the Moon a listen for the same reason as you and because it reminds me of my Withnail and I period-them woz the days.

Jack had been in poor health for a while. It was apparently one of the reasons for the Cream reunion a few years ago, as he knew he didn't have many opportunities left.

'Songs for a Tailor' contains the song Never tell your Mother she's out of Tune, which is as good a bit of advice as you'll ever get from a rock star.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Finally bought Kraftwerk Autobahn to hear what all the fuss is about.

It's alright, I've enjoyed it, but not the seminal masterpiece I was expecting.

You have to be in the right mood, like all music. I don't always want to listen to my Kraftwerk albums, but when it's the right time, it's just right.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

You have to be in the right mood, like all music. I don't always want to listen to my Kraftwerk albums, but when it's the right time, it's just right.

I see that.  I liked it, but I was sitting on a plane for most of yesterday, and it clearly wasn't the right mood music for me.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

Try sitting at home, feeling calm with no aeroplane background noise, a glass of something good in one hand and 'Minimum/Maximum' playing through some decent kit at high volume. Immersive.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Try sitting at home, feeling calm with no aeroplane background noise, a glass of something good in one hand and 'Minimum/Maximum' playing through some decent kit at high volume. Immersive.

Try having two kids, and sitting at home calmly.

I have some very smart noise cancelling Klipsch headphones btw, but the issue wasn't the background noise but annoying fellow passengers.

Like I say, I like it, and I hope that it will grow on me further.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

From the 'Hermit of Mink Hollow' album.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Give em enough rope and all mod cons.

Been blasting these out all aft.

At the time I was disliked the direction weller took post jam but also giving the style council some airtime chez ginge.

They made dome fab stuff.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Jackie Leven's old band, Doll by Doll.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

ABBC (Calexico & the Amor Belholm Duo) - Gilbert. Atmospheric.

Ralph Waldo Emerson