TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

spuggies and jackdaws and hedgehogs and frogs

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#261 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,836 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:12 PM

My Mam's Metro had a strange existence. She "knew the roads" within about ten miles either side of our village. If she was on her own, once she got to Abergavenny or Newport, she parked it and caught a bus.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#262 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:17 PM

Are you kidding?
You could pick up a metro for next to nowt.
Spares were free, just ask you mate down the pub to "borrow" a bit from BL.
The "A" series engine could run on an oily rag, lift the lid, change the points and plugs that was it. If necessary you could do a complete engine inc gearbox change in 3 hours.
cheapest motoring I've ever had.

Figure 1.  Bearman in a Metro.

Mk64dkmodel.png

Futtocks, I get that about the Fiesta.  The Metro was a dog.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#263 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,890 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:38 PM

The Metro was launched with a level of publicity few other cars have had in this country. They sold a load right from the start. I never was a fan, but I wouldn't say no to a 6R4!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#264 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:44 PM

The Metro was launched with a level of publicity few other cars have had in this country. They sold a load right from the start. I never was a fan, but I wouldn't say no to a 6R4!

I agree, but the 6R4 had about in common as Idi Amin and my mate Dave from next door.  I'd bet big that there are more of the Metro's predecessor on the road today than the Metro.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#265 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,836 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:02 PM

True, but BL lost money on every Mini that it made.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#266 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 01:00 PM

Don't know what food source these swans had discovered but it  must have been good. They were really getting bounced about by the swell on the Humber.

SAM_0791_zps3690c8d7.jpg

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#267 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:50 PM

Anyone else experiencing "overwintering" ladybirds?

I seem to be finding them all over the house, especially around the windows.

#268 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:21 AM

Anyone else experiencing "overwintering" ladybirds?

I seem to be finding them all over the house, especially around the windows.

Not something I'd ever noticed till we moved house about three years ago but where we are now we get loads of them spending the winter indoors.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users