TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Gateshead Exedus Beging

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (Laminated Lobster @ Nov 5 2009, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
expand?...

Think it's to do with the 194k they owe HMRC. It has to be payed by Feb.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#22 Paul Gibbins

Paul Gibbins
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (DMS @ Nov 5 2009, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Think it's to do with the 194k they owe HMRC. It has to be payed by Feb.

heard last night that a nominal fee has been paid and they have been given 10 days to pay 80k or the HMRC will issue a winding up order

PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling
Plastering

Bathroom fitting
Fencing
Guttering

Insurance work
Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

#23 sliggster1

sliggster1
  • Coach
  • 589 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (Paul Gibbins @ Nov 6 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
heard last night that a nominal fee has been paid and they have been given 10 days to pay 80k or the HMRC will issue a winding up order

As I understood they had been given 84 days to pay the remaining 194K that they owe, roughly 2,300 per day. I think that will be preety tough going during the off-season.
AT LAST SOMEBODY WANTS TO HELP US!!! Time to look to the future! The Only Way is UP!
Posted Image

#24 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:55 AM

This thread started off by highlighting the problems facing Gateshead and then suddenlyturns to the problems facing Wakefield. Whilst I have no qualms about any discussion concerning other clubs which are also in the public domain, I ask that you start a different thread to do so therefore not confusing any readers. Otherwise I will have to consider closing this thread.

Bob Fowler

Edited by Bob Fowler, 06 November 2009 - 11:57 AM.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

#25 Laminated Lobster

Laminated Lobster
  • Coach
  • 358 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (Bob Fowler @ Nov 6 2009, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will have to consider closing this thread.

Bob Fowler

It's not the moderation; more the phrasing that makes me think...Jobsworth!

#26 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (Bob Fowler @ Nov 6 2009, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This thread started off by highlighting the problems facing Gateshead and then suddenlyturns to the problems facing Wakefield. Whilst I have no qualms about any discussion concerning other clubs which are also in the public domain, I ask that you start a different thread to do so therefore not confusing any readers. Otherwise I will have to consider closing this thread.

Bob Fowler

Sorry Bob but i just don't see the problem if a topic develops into something broader, after all haven't you had discussions or debates among friends that often start on one topic but grow into something far more extensive. The threat at the end of your post was totally uncalled for and smacks of big brother.

#27 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (Laminated Lobster @ Nov 6 2009, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not the moderation; more the phrasing that makes me think...Jobsworth!

I'm not being a Jobsworth at all if a thread has a title then members look at that and expect to be able to debate points. What have problems at Wakefield got to do with exodus at Gateshead ? None ! I accept that the inital thread is in good faith and that it is right for members to debate any rugby league problems which are in the public domain All I ask is that they are catagorised properly so that members can join in any debate. Name calling doesn't bother me at all so long as it is your own thoughts, however, without moderation we have anarchy, which is worse ?
To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

#28 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (DMS @ Nov 6 2009, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry Bob but i just don't see the problem if a topic develops into something broader, after all haven't you had discussions or debates among friends that often start on one topic but grow into something far more extensive. The threat at the end of your post was totally uncalled for and smacks of big brother.

I refer you to my answer above and respect your feelings about the subject, but perhaps sometimes things do go at a tangent, but the relevence to teh initial heading is negligible. As for Big Brother, NO I believe in free speech, I didn't close , lock or move the thread, I just asked for people to start another thread debating that particular subject, I ahve no objections at all to a debate on a differing subject.

#29 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:06 PM

Bob, i personally don't like the jobsworth crack but i do disagree strongly with your stance on this. I admit i really don't like moderators interfering unless foul language, bullying or mischief making is involved. I believe no rules have been broken and a topic has simply devolved into a wider debate on the point of clubs who are at this moment struggling. On the original topic i hope Gateshead overcome their problems but yes they should be relegated. I also hope Wakefield go to hell on a handcart, i'll never forgive them for IMO double crossing the lower leagues.

#30 JasonNorth

JasonNorth
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (DMS @ Nov 6 2009, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bob, i personally don't like the jobsworth crack but i do disagree strongly with your stance on this. I admit i really don't like moderators interfering unless foul language, bullying or mischief making is involved. I believe no rules have been broken and a topic has simply devolved into a wider debate on the point of clubs who are at this moment struggling. On the original topic i hope Gateshead overcome their problems but yes they should be relegated. I also hope Wakefield go to hell on a handcart, i'll never forgive them for IMO double crossing the lower leagues.

I agree about your comments about Wakefield!!!! Hmmm wonder if they will ask to share our ground tongue.gif to save some cash ......!!! laugh.gif

#31 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (DMS @ Nov 6 2009, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As I said I totally respect your point of view on this and I can understand where you are coming from. I agree that we should moderate on the points you raise, however, it is because points have been raised by a member of the forum that I looked at the postings. I do accept that postings can deviate, bit in this case the deviation, in MY opinion meant that the heading no longer justified the postings or even the other way round.
People who know me know I'm not a jobsworth, I love our club and I applaud our fans at every game. I appreciate the intelligent and not so intelligent postings on the forum which makes the moderating job straight forward.
At least you and others have made your points and I fully accept that and will perhaps try to seem less beligerent in future. rolleyes.gif

#32 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Bob Fowler @ Nov 6 2009, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I refer you to my answer above and respect your feelings about the subject, but perhaps sometimes things do go at a tangent, but the relevence to teh initial heading is negligible. As for Big Brother, NO I believe in free speech, I didn't close , lock or move the thread, I just asked for people to start another thread debating that particular subject, I ahve no objections at all to a debate on a differing subject.

Seems to me Bob that it is not about moderation but excess. Otherwise neither club would be in trouble.

#33 Mick H

Mick H
  • Coach
  • 586 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:39 AM

I'm with Bob on this one, if we didn't have guys like him directing the traffic we'd get nowhere and everything would be lost in a sea of anarchy, someone has to keep things in order or we may as well just have one big thread for everything and that woiuld be more confusing than women!

#34 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (Mick H @ Nov 7 2009, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm with Bob on this one, if we didn't have guys like him directing the traffic we'd get nowhere and everything would be lost in a sea of anarchy, someone has to keep things in order or we may as well just have one big thread for everything and that woiuld be more confusing than women!

Thanks Mick, I took the job as a moderator on, not to thwart free speech, but to make it fair to all. I have taken no offence at having members disagree, that's democracy and a person's right to free thinking. So long as it doesn't get too personal I don't mind. After all you can call me anything.... except late for dinner biggrin.gif

#35 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

As the old saying goes Bob. "They can call me all they want, as long as they keep their hands off".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users