Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Jamie Field

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Laminated Lobster

Laminated Lobster
  • Coach
  • 358 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (LOWFIELD @ Nov 18 2009, 04:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not disagreeing with you for once, and im totally against it BUT the rules on eligability for international rugby league im sure are no different than any other sports, even football. In fact thinking about this at 3.15 am some way through a mind numbing neeeeet shift i reckon the Scottish RL players eligability is much more acceptable than the cricketers you named. I am sure the Scottish RL players will qualify on parent / grandparent rules. but Peterson and some more i can think of Devon Malcolm and Graeme Hick only qualified for England because they had been in the country a length of time. Another example i will give as my sleep deprived brain really starts to click into reserve cells. Zola budd " what the helll was that all about" she was if i remember a sauth ifrican and because they wernt allowed in the olympics she was granted residency in a matter of days and represented GB at the olympics and tripped up the favourite Mary Decker in the race to boot. Now that really was a farce so other sports have no need to mock RL because there are good examples of this in nearly all sports.
where RL does deserve to be mocked is the Franchise rubbish, my son who is 12 asked me what it was all about the other day, when i explained he said to me "dad there turning it into a right laughing stock arnt they" yes hes 12 years old

Kevin Pietersen's mother is English

#22 colin nick

colin nick
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (zo9 @ Nov 8 2009, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ive just reared a sheep and am in line for my welsh debut next weekend, all congratulations messages to my inbox please smile.gif.

just an intresting thought my sister & brother in law both english lived in germany for a couple of years & their eldest daughter was born there .if she had been a sports woman whch country would she eligible to represent.
colin nick
mr colin nicholson

#23 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,950 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:55 AM

either i believe, or in certain circumstances, both!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#24 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (Laminated Lobster @ Nov 18 2009, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kevin Pietersen's mother is English

Ok theres one that would qualify, iv no problem with the ancestory rule, after all it got the Republic of Ireland to the world cup 1/4 finals, its the residency one especially where you can switch countries. Thats were i reckon it becomes farcical, like Danny Brough switching from Scotland to England

#25 Laminated Lobster

Laminated Lobster
  • Coach
  • 358 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (LOWFIELD @ Nov 18 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok theres one that would qualify, iv no problem with the ancestory rule, after all it got the Republic of Ireland to the world cup 1/4 finals, its the residency one especially where you can switch countries. Thats were i reckon it becomes farcical, like Danny Brough switching from Scotland to England

Fake passports played a part too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users