Smith stands down

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:30 AM

Tony Smith has gone. Stood down on Radio 5 live. That isn't too clever.
Never really took to him and I can't see what he brought to the job, but perhaps that's just me.
Oh and the journalist on the programme reckons RL is well run. Clearly he's a kick and clap fan.

#2 gomersab

gomersab
  • Coach
  • 470 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:57 PM

hasnt it always been the case with the bbc they prefer kick and run. they have never really bothered with rugby league and only the introduction of dave woods seems to have bettered it for me. ray french is close to jurassic now and jonathon davis has one of the most annoyin voices in rugby league. it would be good to keep on beeb, if they looked at revitalising their production and freshening it up, but we all know that would never happen.

as for tony smith we brought him in thinking he could do a job against oz being from there, but as usual our fitness was nothing compared to them. and we may as wel not have been on pitch in last 20 mins.

Edited by gomersab, 15 November 2009 - 03:01 PM.

#3 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (Phil Stone @ Nov 15 2009, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tony Smith has gone. Stood down on Radio 5 live. That isn't too clever.
Never really took to him and I can't see what he brought to the job, but perhaps that's just me.
Oh and the journalist on the programme reckons RL is well run. Clearly he's a kick and clap fan.

Well we dont want the organisation in charge to be slated on nationwide radio do we?

I'd love Brian Mclennan to take over, but cant see it.

Cummins Out.

#4 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (Matt J @ Nov 15 2009, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well we dont want the organisation in charge to be slated on nationwide radio do we?

I'd love Brian Mclennan to take over, but cant see it.

Why not?? I'd sooner read/see acurate investigative/questioning journalism and reporting rather than the psychophantic 'everything is rosey cak!

Can't really comment on the British coach. Until we have enough players of quality across all positions we won't get near the aussies other than the odd one off game. The way the game is in Aus I don't think Britain will ever manage to get close to them.
The game in this country is light years behind.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#5 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Nov 15 2009, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why not?? I'd sooner read/see acurate investigative/questioning journalism and reporting rather than the psychophantic 'everything is rosey cak!

Can't really comment on the British coach. Until we have enough players of quality across all positions we won't get near the aussies other than the odd one off game. The way the game is in Aus I don't think Britain will ever manage to get close to them.
The game in this country is light years behind.

The guys appointed by the RFL with the Sport England money need to show athletes in football, union, athletics, gridiron etc.. that rugby league is the sport to play, even though numbers are increasing we still dont have the pure athletes coming through like the NRL does.

Cummins Out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users