Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Crusaders news

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (LOWFIELD @ Dec 4 2009, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The self centred hypocrisy surrounding this game and the people that run it has me shaking my head in disbelief. This week i was informed i have been successfull in applying for a grant from sport England for my junior team of 8,600, which is fantastic news. The Chief Exec of Sport England is our very own Richard Lewis, on the form there was a question that asked, "does your group exclude or partially exclude any person or persons" if the answer is yes this funding will not be for you.
You couldnt make it up you really couldnt.

The double standards are unbelievable. Congrats on ya grant mate. biggrin.gif
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#42 andyc

andyc
  • Coach
  • 367 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (Pride & Heritage @ Dec 2 2009, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sadly though as a Batley season ticket holder and lover of rugby League and having lived in Wrexham for 5 years or so now, I would love to know how exactly they are going to build a Super League attended club in a town with a smaller population than that of Batley, and with absolutely no interest in RL at all? With almost as big a population of immigrant workers as Batley in the form of Polish, Portuguese and Iraqi's rather than asian as in Batley, are not particularly rugby league hot beds. Yes, Chester is only 15 miles up the road, (a town who on the whole has no idea rugby league even exists either), and anyone with a burning desire to watch RL who has moved here from a RL hotbed, would travel 5 minutes more to watch either, Cup Winners Warrington or a similar distance to watch St Helens or Widnes.

Plus, the new season is almost upon us, and nowhere on the local news or indeed in the local press here would you know what is being planned in relation to a RL Club moving to Wrexham. Maybe once it is finalised there will be some, but as yet there has been absolutely no promotion of the Leeds game which has been confirmed. I honestly can't see the handful of fans they have built at Celtic travelling either, as a 3 hour journey for a home game is going to be a sticking point for most fans I'd have thought. From a selfish point of view, it would suit me down to the ground to have a team to watch on my doorstep hopefully on a Friday night, and I will go and watch them, as I love the game and it's always better live, as I have with Saints and Warrington on occasions.

However, for me, I can't see me going week in week out, as it's a bit like watching the Challenge Cup final, it might be a real spectacle, and a great game played by superior players, but it does not have the passion of watching the 'Dogs, where the result means something, and no matter how bad we may be on occasions, (Toulose at home last year was shocking) there is always next week to look forward to and the knowing we can't play that bad again, and the anticipation of next season like the forthcoming one where we are looking stronger than ever, (like everyone else though, we do every year!) will never have the same appeal watching anyone else, even it is on my doorstep.

This a cracking letter but i maybe repeating what somebody as already said but what about 1000 or so fans in bridgend it will be an expensive home game to watch, up,s the rfl have sorted that out a second welsh team everything will be ok now. You couldn,t make up a story like this.
rovers rovers
WatchED Rovers since 74-75 seasons,as mad about rovers 35 years on(the wife thinks i,m mad).
ROVERS ROVERS

#43 Mick H

Mick H
  • Coach
  • 586 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:46 PM

Robin, Dave ecellent posts guys full of passion, your frustration and anger arising from the state of our game and the way it's being run. I was begining to beleive their plan would work and we would benefit from the overspill from their success, but i don't think their plan is now possible. It needs a rethink!!
This looking over the fence by the powers that be needs to stop, we need to look inward for a while to see what the game really needs to be a success, we are no closer to beating the Aussies than we were in 95 as we employ too many of them within our game and deny home grown talent the chance to make a living playing rugby league.
The British game could have been awesome now if it wasn't for their bungling, I think patience is the key and allowing things to settle and grow, instead of throwing huge sums of money down the pan, money that could have been better spent.
They couldn't go far wrong with commissioning a caricature of every SL player from me, they'd have at least had something to hang on their walls!!! doh!