Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Shirt Launch

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 genesis

genesis
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (sidnee @ Dec 6 2009, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will get mine launch night, but pay full price (pre vat increase) for it. The club can have the 2 1/2% VAT for their coffers.

If rumours are true VAT is going up to 17.5% in Jan, so buying before that will save 5% ( 2.00 on a 40 ish shirt )

#22 frankj

frankj
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (genesis @ Dec 6 2009, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If rumours are true VAT is going up to 17.5% in Jan, so buying before that will save 5% ( 2.00 on a 40 ish shirt )

Not too sure about the maths here - I thought VAT was currently 15% and going back to 17.5% on 1 Jan 2010. Assuming shirt is 40 inclusive of VAT, then with VAT at 15% the VAT element would be 5.22. When VAT reverts to 17.5% the VAT element of the same 40 would be 5.96, an additional 74p.

Just to put the UK shirt prices in perspective, I was recently in Australia and tried to buy an Aussie shirt. The cost was $A160 (or 95.00). The assistant was amazed when I told him to shove it.

#23 rover n out

rover n out
  • Coach
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:43 PM

was told last night .....prostar haven't delivered....so its now sat 19th
Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

#24 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (rover n out @ Dec 13 2009, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

too busy making wakeys?
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#25 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (rover n out @ Dec 13 2009, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If thats right, thats cocked it up for me then. Work Saturday nights so looks like I will have to wait until after Christmas to get my few dry.gif

Whats wrong with Mon 21st?????????
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#26 rover n out

rover n out
  • Coach
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (sidnee @ Dec 13 2009, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If thats right, thats cocked it up for me then. Work Saturday nights so looks like I will have to wait until after Christmas to get my few dry.gif

Whats wrong with Mon 21st?????????

saturday was mentioned...but that could be the delivery date...actual launch maybe different

Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

#27 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:44 PM

maybe the pricetags needed altering rolleyes.gif
There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

#28 Paul Gibbins

Paul Gibbins
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (Sportbilly @ Dec 13 2009, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe the pricetags needed altering rolleyes.gif

Could be just mebeing thick but.

I was going to turn up on Tuesday to buy my new shirt on the say so of a poster on here, is it just me or have the club said nothing official about a launch night in the first place. I've just re checked the website before this post and I can't find anything from them to make us all get our butts down there on whatever nght it ends up being.
andif my memory serves didn't prostar knack it up last year too? and Kooga before them.
PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling
Plastering

Bathroom fitting
Fencing
Guttering

Insurance work
Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

#29 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:04 PM

We never have any luck with the shirts. Season after season something goes wrong even when Frank worked in the shop he had to run about at the last minute to get them to the fans for Christmas.

With Prostar being local i would of thought the shirts would be here on time but as PG says there hasn't been anything official yet from the club.

#30 The Baby Faced Assassin.

The Baby Faced Assassin.
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:46 PM

Oh dear I was worried I would have that "Ground hog day/deja vu" experience when it came to the new shirt tongue.gif . Let's save ourselves all the debate again this year and find the old thread from a year ago wink.gif
Nuff sed rolleyes.gif

#31 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:32 PM

I've been down to the club this aft to check if it was still on for tomorrow night and......... no its not!

Its now been changed to Saturday at 12:00 noon. Thats straight from the horses mouth and backed up by DP (who just happened to walk in while we were discussing it!). 42 adult, 32 junior.

Season tickets are having "teething problems" as I believe we are using a swipe system this year so won't be available to collect!!!
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#32 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (sidnee @ Dec 14 2009, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been down to the club this aft to check if it was still on for tomorrow night and......... no its not!

Its now been changed to Saturday at 12:00 noon. Thats straight from the horses mouth and backed up by DP (who just happened to walk in while we were discussing it!). 42 adult, 32 junior.

Season tickets are having "teething problems" as I believe we are using a swipe system this year so won't be available to collect!!!

Thanks for taking the trouble to find out Sidnee
To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

#33 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:14 AM

The shirts will be on sale from 12 noon Saturday, but there will not be a shirt "launch" as such, just buying the shirt from the shop .
To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

#34 stuart56

stuart56
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (Bob Fowler @ Dec 15 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The shirts will be on sale from 12 noon Saturday, but there will not be a shirt "launch" as such, just buying the shirt from the shop .

Slightly more than that Bob -

http://www.featherst...009/news118.htm

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

#35 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 04:31 PM

inside info eh.....ya cant beat it biggrin.gif
There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

#36 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:20 PM

It changed from me being told up to the announcement. Still so long as the shirts are there, who cares ?

#37 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (Sportbilly @ Dec 15 2009, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
inside info eh.....ya cant beat it biggrin.gif

I know, its a good job Aborder didn't post it up or there would be hell on! smile.gif

Edited by PJT, 15 December 2009 - 10:21 PM.

#38 Paul Hewes

Paul Hewes
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:58 AM

How can it be that yet again the whole shirt buying saga is c0cked up??!!! It's not as though we don't know when Christmas is or anything! Why don't we start with the procurement of 2011 kit now so that it might just be here fo Christmas 2010!! De ja vu or what mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

#39 stuart56

stuart56
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:19 PM

Important Update

http://www.featherst...009/news119.htm

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

#40 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (Paul Hewes @ Dec 17 2009, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How can it be that yet again the whole shirt buying saga is c0cked up??!!! It's not as though we don't know when Christmas is or anything! Why don't we start with the procurement of 2011 kit now so that it might just be here fo Christmas 2010!! De ja vu or what mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Dont be silly that is far to sensible, all my Christmas presents are now done and dusted, didnt get one last year wont be getting one this year. The year they are available before 1st December I will have three please.