Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The Army Link

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:14 PM

Good points Jon. I've just sent an E-mail in before you posted, not that i'm hopeful of a reply as
The RFL
Radio Leeds
Sky
Bradford chairman

have all failed to reply in the past.

#22 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (FEV-KT87 @ Dec 15 2009, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so the army are cheesed off at the article??

As I underestand it- yes.

#23 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (jamescolin @ Dec 16 2009, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As I underestand it- yes.

In today's Yorkshire Post. Johnathon Ross takes a 50% pay cut. He is now only receiving 3 million a year. So really a bloke without much to offer gets that much. There was nothing in the editorial suggesting that he ought to be getting no more than 20k and the rest going out for troops equipment, but they saw fit to quibble about 5 grand which is a first class advertising campaign. It makes you think. 6 million a year for that tripe! Incidentally I also saw an articel that said that when he was suspended without pay his company that employs him was given more than he lost because they were due to compensation. A different world folks!

#24 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:58 PM

We can support the Army and Featherstone Lions when they meet at the Mill Pond Stadium in the first round of the Challenge cup on Saturday 23rd January, the Lions are also doing fundraising for the Army.

Come and give them your support.
Im Fev and im proud

#25 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,717 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (Maureen T-k @ Dec 18 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We can support the Army and Featherstone Lions when they meet at the Mill Pond Stadium in the first round of the Challenge cup on Saturday 23rd January, the Lions are also doing fundraising for the Army.

Come and give them your support.

Sounds like a plan, will go down for it and take some snaps.
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#26 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:34 PM

Had my letter of complaint to the YP printed on Monday along with a photograph of a squaddie and I assume, our two PNG lads.

#27 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (Bob Crowther @ Dec 22 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Had my letter of complaint to the YP printed on Monday along with a photograph of a squaddie and I assume, our two PNG lads.

Nice one Bob, more of a reasoned argument than a complaint I thought which really read better for that. Col

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users