Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

• Please log in to reply
881 replies to this topic

#681 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,628 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

There's nowt in Briggus yet.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#682 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,943 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

dumping it down here in Hook (Hampshire)
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#683 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,073 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

There's nowt in Briggus yet.

I worked in Brighouse for seventeen years. Quite often it never got any snow when we had two or three inches of the stuff in (west) Bradford.

The worst thing was working late, never realising how bad the roads would be once I got past Odsal.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#684 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,943 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

I worked in Brighouse for seventeen years. Quite often it never got any snow when we had two or three inches of the stuff in (west) Bradford.

The worst thing was working late, never realising how bad the roads would be once I got past Odsal.

surely the worst thing was having to leave Brighouse for Bradford full stop
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#685 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,073 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

Brighouse can be fairly lively at night; one of our female staff used to refer to it as "Dodge".
:D

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#686 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,405 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Snowing lightly, but enough to settle, here on the Herts/Essex border. I may knock off early if it gets heavier.

Edited by Futtocks, 18 January 2013 - 10:11 AM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#687 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Seems quite heavy here in Westhoughton near Bolton.

Come hometime at 2.30pm can those c**ts please get stuck and drive like dicks somewhere else and not on our route home, ta.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#688 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

fair old blizzard here in wigan :huh:

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#689 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

Nowt as yet in Keefley.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#690 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Perhaps an inch or so in Ealing, west London. I've got the day off too, might take my nephew for a snowball fight if it keeps up.
"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#691 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,943 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

and still it continues - been constant since 7am this morning. Will post a pic shortly!

Posted Image

#692 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,644 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

and still it continues - been constant since 7am this morning. Will post a pic shortly!

I was in your area (Farnborough) last they had a bit if snow - it was like Armageddon! The panic in the office the afternoon it started you had to see to believe. Problem was every single person headed out onto the roads early to get home and caused grid lock. It took some people until the early hours of the next morning to get from Farnborough to Basingstoke. The trains did a good job of keeping going though, I managed to make it home to the north west the following day with only slight delays.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#693 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

Posted Image
snowy standish, wigan

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#694 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,841 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

I have 2 cars, so my MX5 sits in the garage all winter as it gets stuck easily on the track to our house due to the low ground clearance and can be a bit of a handful if you're not giving it 110% concentration, as it has none of these new fangled electronic driver aids. Someone in our village however uses one, which at 13 years old is a similar vintage to mine, all year round and simply fits winter tyres to it. If I only had the one car, that's what I'd be doing: the bit that touches the road is probably more important than which of the axles are driven.

We use the wife's car in the winter for most things. Audi TT, 4wd with winter tyres. It's fantastic in the snow and ice.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#695 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,943 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

I was in your area (Farnborough) last they had a bit if snow - it was like Armageddon! The panic in the office the afternoon it started you had to see to believe. Problem was every single person headed out onto the roads early to get home and caused grid lock. It took some people until the early hours of the next morning to get from Farnborough to Basingstoke. The trains did a good job of keeping going though, I managed to make it home to the north west the following day with only slight delays.

Yes I remember you posting at the time. I heard stories of it taking people 8 hrs to drive home 6 miles.

I left my car at work, walked 1 mile into town and caught the train to Hook (Hampshire) - took me about an hour!

Posted Image

#696 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Heard from someone that it was sunny in Morecambe this morning.

Edited by Saint Billinge, 18 January 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#697 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

We use the wife's car in the winter for most things. Audi TT, 4wd with winter tyres. It's fantastic in the snow and ice.

I've been quite happy with my 2nd car, (Nissan X-Trail with winter tyres on) for the last couple of winters. You just need to remember that gravity has a bigger effect on a heavier car when going downhill, especially in slippery conditions. :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#698 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,943 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

10 mins ago

Posted Image
Snowy Hook (Hampshire) by CarlMitchell, on Flickr

Posted Image

#699 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Nothing yet in South Elmsall (nr Pontefract) :-(

#700 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,644 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

10 mins ago

Posted Image
Snowy Hook (Hampshire) by CarlMitchell, on Flickr

Nice

I remember years ago a bloke I knew told me he loved the snow because "it makes my garden look just as good as everyone else's." :)
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users