Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

• Please log in to reply
881 replies to this topic

#41 PC

PC
  • Coach
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 07:46 AM

A good few inches up here in the North East. There isn't really enough snow to cause any bother if the grit trucks have been out, which they haven't. The councils are spouting the usual guff about cars grinding it in. If that's the case then grit a day or two earlier. Even then, you know when the roads have been gritted as you can hear it on your car. I did see one grit truck this morning, but it wasn't gritting mad.gif . It took me an hour and ten minutes to do a 35 minute journey, oh and guess what, the schools are closing. This country is bloody pathetic.

#42 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 07:52 AM

About a inch in Keighley.

Just getting ready to set of to Malham for a days walking.

#43 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,511 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (stimpo-and-kat @ Dec 18 2009, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Light dusting in Stoke. However family in Neustadt, Canada have got 14 inches worth.

Beat that London biggrin.gif

London will beat it. You can bet there will be more disruption in London with 1 inch of snow that there will be in Neustadt with it's 14 inches. biggrin.gif
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#44 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:23 AM

First snow for the kittens...they just don't know what to do

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#45 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,018 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:36 AM

Erm?
http://www.totalrl.c...howtopic=194359
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#46 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,324 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:36 AM

Attractive blizzard in Edinburgh yesterday which had melted by the time I left the office. Bit more overnight, which make the hills look lovely, but makes it a ###### to walk on some of the slopes!

#47 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,973 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:48 AM

Proper snow in Chesham and, shockingly, people driving sensibly or not at all.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#48 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:59 AM

Moderately heavy snow here. The two main trunk roads, the A14 and A12 are shut in decently large sections. The A12/A14 junction is closed because a trucker drove too quickly, skidded and jack-knifed his lorry. None of the dangerous non-commuter roads, i.e. those on reasonable hills, have been gritted and are only passable with extreme care, if at all.

For once, my game this weekend has been cancelled very early. I'll be missing the wonders of the South Woodham Ferrers v Canvey Island local derby.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#49 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:04 AM

Simon's Cat in the snow

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#50 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,839 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:09 AM

No snow. Zero, zilch, nowt, ###### all, here in Cemetery-on-Seas, Lincs.

#51 voteronniegibbs

voteronniegibbs
  • Coach
  • 11,136 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:22 AM

freezing winds and snow last night in Nottingham, bloody unpleasant to be in it, it was the factory christmas discotheque and drink up.

A good night though,everyone suited and booted, it's good to see folks make the effort to dress well

#52 Saint Rich

Saint Rich
  • Coach
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:50 AM

###### all in Kingston. Meh.

#53 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:59 AM

Lashed it down in Hook (in Hampshire) last night

In fact it was soooo bad some people couldn't make it to work - call me cynical but I really don;t think they've tried THAT hard
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#54 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:17 PM

It has started snowing again and the compacted snow in the tyre tracks left by cars has turned into ice.

Lovely. I'm very glad we're both working at home today.

#55 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (ckn @ Dec 18 2009, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has started snowing again and the compacted snow in the tyre tracks left by cars has turned into ice.

Fantastic - I can see the school kids sliding home in those tracks - happy days!
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#56 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Dec 18 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fantastic - I can see the school kids sliding home in those tracks - happy days!

That brings back memories!

The view looking out of my back window from my office:

Just a quick point&shoot.

Edit: now it's snowing even heavier than it was last night.

#57 Saint Rich

Saint Rich
  • Coach
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:05 PM

Bah. Clear blue skies here. What use is that?

#58 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:29 PM

Just to show I wasn't fibbing before -- I don't like driving in snow. sad.gif

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#59 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:20 PM

Prolonged heavy snow shower while I was at work. Left a covering of a couple of inches. Looked very pretty on the Norway Spruce just outside the office window. Got home, a mere five miles away, and there was barely a dusting of the stuff.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#60 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:10 PM

Pony on Anlaby Common this morning. Doesn't look too impressed with the weather:

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users