TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

• Please log in to reply
881 replies to this topic

#821 amh

amh
  • 11,087 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

An inch or two here, and still falling, but the wind is the enemy. Swirling around on the field behind us.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#822 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,149 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

Even coming down thick and fast here in Formby on the sheltered west Lancashire coast. If we're getting any snow at all somewhere must be getting it bad.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#823 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

Less on the roads over the Pennine moors than I might have expected given how much it usually drifts, only a covering rather than feet deep. I might has well been driving with my eyes closed given the visibility with the snow and fog in places though.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#824 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,836 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

Struggled to get out this morning. Not stopped snowing all morning but, in a world's first, Bradford Council's gritters are on top the job.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#825 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

Sellafield has been forced to shut down the nuclear plants and start a phased evacuation of employees......

#826 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,836 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:39 PM

Sellafield has been forced to shut down the nuclear plants and start a phased evacuation of employees......

I hope it's nothing serious, or else they'll have to change the name again.
B)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#827 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,891 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

I hope it's nothing serious, or else they'll have to change the name again.
B)

No, it's just so staff can get home before travelling becomes too difficult.

[tin hat mode]Well, that's what they want you to think.[/tin hat mode]

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#828 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

After your slightly belated post on the Wakey-Leeds thread, I thought you were about to tell us it's been snowing! :D ;)

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#829 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

Meh. We just get memos sent round advising us that emergency Winter packs are available for those staff that don't want to travel and instead want to use an unoccupied room in the hospital accomodation block.

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

#830 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

We've had bug ger all snow over here in Hull. Maybe it's cos we're in the Tropics. B)

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#831 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Nowt in York either

#832 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

bloody blizzard here in standish wigan why does it always snow on a friday :mellow:

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#833 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

bloody blizzard here in standish wigan why does it always snow on a friday :mellow:

BOAB reckon's it's the Leeds based RFL's fault.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#834 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

We've had bug ger all snow over here in Hull. Maybe it's cos we're in the Tropics. B)

Either that or it can't make any progress against the ferocious nithering easterly coming off the North Sea.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#835 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Either that or it can't make any progress against the ferocious nithering easterly coming off the North Sea.

A bit like you on yer bike then.

#836 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

A bit like you on yer bike then.

It felt like that today mate.

Hell of a crosswind on the bridge too,

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#837 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

Spoke too bloody soon. Very fine snerr here, but enough to give a general covering of everything.

#838 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

Just walked up to the in laws with the wife to see her horse. It's between chest and head deep in places here, and the ploughs have quit trying to clear the roads in the village as it's to much for them.

Please view my photos.

#839 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

Quite a bit here now, about a foot deep.

Some interesting drifts about too.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#840 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

Went out for a walk this afternoon to take a few photos of what it's like up here.

Posted Image
CSC_3665 by 77gazza, on Flickr

This is the track to our house. It's up to about 3ft deep.

Posted Image
CSC_3658 by 77gazza, on Flickr

This is the in-laws. It's about 7ft deep at it's highest here, and we spent a fair part of this afternoon digging the 30 or so metres length that was blocked so that the lone caravaner could get off the site tomorrow morning.

Posted Image
DSC_3629 by 77gazza, on Flickr

This was a car parked up outside it's owners house in the village.

There is one road through the village. Yesterday, ploughs couldn't get through. Today, the snow blaster, ploughs and gritters have been constantly on the go for about 6 hours, and even then, I'm not sure that the road is clear enough to get in and out, as the snow blows over as quickly as it gets cleared.

Please view my photos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users