Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

1 hour ago, shaun mc said:

Eden - Dufton Pike as you've mentioned is in that part of the world.

I'll be supping beer underneath Dufton Pike on New Years Eve.......the Stag Inn

Have a sip for me!

9 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Some folks get a wee light dusting and they make a big deal of it...come to real snow country where men are men and women are glad they are!.

image.jpg

You're like Texas on ice.  Or Alaska's warmer siblings.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

Ugh, I hate the stuff. Ever since I was driving back from playing in a national cup match somewhere near Halifax, and on the way back they closed the M62, and we had to take the tourist route back. As we were doing so, the car didn't want to turn right when I asked it, and we hit a snowdrift, and we were stuck in it for four hours until West Yorks Police went past and saw the ass end of my car sticking out of the snow, this was Looooong before mobile phones and me and my 2 team-mates thought we were going to freeze to death. We couldn't get the car doors open because of the depth of snow, to try and get help.

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

We had a good fall of snow last night. Its only 1 or 2 cms thick but considering it rained all day yesterday its a wonder it stuck at all.

Thankfully its turning slushy.

4 hours ago, mickhornet said:

No  snow in Manchester,hopefully stays like that.

It won't stop...been snowing steady for over a week now...real hard sometimes...windy and cold also.  No where to put the stuff...everything snowed in...getting hammered, is brutal. 

And winter is just starting!  There was a guy not long ago on the forum who thought we could play rugby over here in this....no idea,no idea at all.

Yours in snow,

Kayakman

P.S. This is the latest forecast:

"Snow squalls will continue to affect the area today.

Additional local snowfall amounts up to 15 cm per 12 hours are expected today and tonight under the heaviest snow squall bands.

The snow squalls will slowly move off shore Thursday morning, and are likely to only affect areas immediately along the Lake Huron shore.

Snow squalls cause weather conditions to vary considerably; changes from clear skies to heavy snow within just a few kilometres are common. Visibility will be suddenly reduced to near zero at times in heavy snow and blowing snow. Travel is expected to be hazardous due to reduced visibility in some locations. If visibility is reduced while driving, slow down, watch for tail lights ahead and be prepared to stop.

Snow squall warnings are issued when bands of snow form that produce intense accumulating snow or near zero visibilities."

Here in deepest Suffolk, we have that utterly miserable heavy sleet that does nothing but drench everything and make it cold. It doesn’t even have the pleasing peaceful nature of snow falling. 

The cats are less than pleased with it and we even had a fox sheltering on our door porch until our eldest cat took umbrage at it and attacked. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

6 minutes ago, ckn said:

Here in deepest Suffolk, we have that utterly miserable heavy sleet that does nothing but drench everything and make it cold. It doesn’t even have the pleasing peaceful nature of snow falling. 

The cats are less than pleased with it and we even had a fox sheltering on our door porch until our eldest cat took umbrage at it and attacked. 

Sounds like Florida you lucky duck!  Would gladly trade...having the fox at the door is alot better than opening it and finding a  Wolf (you sort of walked into this one CKN), HA!

Must not be much of fox to be run off by a cat.

13 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Sounds like Florida you lucky duck!  Would gladly trade...having the fox at the door is alot better than opening it and finding a  Wolf (you sort of walked into this one CKN), HA!

Must not be much of fox to be run off by a cat.

When you have a cat in a murderous mood then few foxes will stand their ground. 

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

cold one tonight

Flurries or local snow squalls. Local amount 10 to 15 cm. Wind northeast 20 km/h becoming light overnight. Low minus 18. Wind chill minus 25 overnight.
Thu, 28 Dec Flurries or local snow squalls ending near noon then mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Local amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 near noon. High minus 11. Wind chill minus 27 in the morning.
Night Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind southeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light in the evening. Low minus 15.

There was rain in Copenhagen, but it did not seem too bad and it has not been cold.

Thank you for your prayers.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

31 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Depends what sort of ' Cougar ' we're talking about K ?

Now thats a good one and puts a smile on my face...thats a good one...you got me, I admit it, chalk one up for Gubrats (see I've got a sense of humour and not against Keighly)

13 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

A bit nippy recently, 30 degrees tops and cloudy.

Been rubbish weather recently. Hoping for a sunny weekend by the pool for new years. Having worked through Christmas, i deserve it :)

Sons of Fishes!!

23 minutes ago, Copa said:

30 degrees Celsius and sunny here in Canberra.

I might go swimming in a local river later today.

Not really relevant to this thread but I just wanted to let you know.

:-)

Do beasties not live in the river?

On my cycle to work, i see mega lizards now and again mincing in and out of the marina, scares me senseless!

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

3 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Do beasties not live in the river?

On my cycle to work, i see mega lizards now and again mincing in and out of the marina, scares me senseless!

There are lots of beasties in regional Australia but it doesn’t keep me away. The water is clean and cool. 

18 hours ago, Kayakman said:

No doubt about it...the worst animal to have stalking you or being around your camp at night is a large cat (cougar).

Can’t say I have experienced that... Have been stalked by a load of hyenas on Exercise in Kenya resulting in my section sleeping with bayonets close to hand and remember the Battlecamp on mass surging into an area to rescue a Signals detachment when it was surrounded (with no live ammunition) by a pack of lions.

Any other beasties stalking around the Canadian wilderness in winter? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Can’t say I have experienced that... Have been stalked by a load of hyenas on Exercise in Kenya resulting in my section sleeping with bayonets close to hand and remember the Battlecamp on mass surging into an area to rescue a Signals detachment when it was surrounded (with no live ammunition) by a pack of lions.

Any other beasties stalking around the Canadian wilderness in winter? 

At -26 C this morning not much moves around...got the emergency call at2 AM last night to go out (about -30 C) and rescue the boy, who had the car about 2 kms away and was stuck and couldn't get the car to even start since it was frozen!

Didn't see too much out and about or moving around, very quiet...hear wolverines like this weather though, deadly cold here, people literally freezing to death.

Animals will come out when things heat up a bit...say to -19/-15.

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

At -26 C this morning not much moves around...got the emergency call at2 AM last night to go out (about -30 C) and rescue the boy, who had the car about 2 kms away and was stuck and couldn't get the car to even start since it was frozen!

Didn't see too much out and about or moving around, very quiet...hear wolverines like this weather though, deadly cold here, people literally freezing to death.

Animals will come out when things heat up a bit...say to -19/-15.

Alaska’s relatively warm right now, go top up the tan.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!