Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

We had a grit bin that the halfwits nicked for their own parking spaces.

But the main roads haven't been gritted at all.

Get yourself to B&Q and get a 25kg bag of water softener salt. It'll cost you about

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

So that was a five hour journey home then including the train completely failing and, later, a driver deciding that his coffee break was more important than anything else.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

-7 this morning on the way to into work. It got so cold outside that ice was forming on the inside of my car. That's after driving for half an hour.

A hlaf hour special programme on BBC1 because it snowed a bit in Basingstoke.

FFS :angry:

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Heavy snow in Whitworth. If you live in the north west and roads were iffy this morning I'd say start thinking about going home!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

A hlaf hour special programme on BBC1 because it snowed a bit in Basingstoke.

FFS :angry:

It took some people 7 - 9 hours to get home from the office in Farnborough yesterday. I have absolutely no idea why though as the snow was only an inch or so deep! :O

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Nearly went into the back of a Freelander today, he slammed his brakes on, on a steep icy hill, I did the same and stopped with a nats c##k hair distant. New brakes required after Xmas I think, I have 2 cm left on my pads before they become ilegal.

Edited by markleeds

It took some people 7 - 9 hours to get home from the office in Farnborough yesterday. I have absolutely no idea why though as the snow was only an inch or so deep! :O

I can't explain how bad it was in Basingstoke yesterday - A lad I work with lives in wokingham and slept on our sales floor - there were over a thousand cars abandoned.

I've never seen snow like it I have to say but it just seemed everybody thought at 14:30 that it was time to go home so as not to get snowed in.

I ended up walking into town and getting a very delayed train home so 8 miles took me 2 and 1/2 hours.

Many of my colleagues who live about 10 miles away took 5 hours to get home!!!!

Still - it's allowing me to sledge, er, work from home (I don;t actually own a sledge but have borrowed one)

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

I think that was sufficient. ;)

Yes good point - not thought of that!!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

It was realy slippy here, i couldnt go to get my wheelie bin in, it was too icy underfoot............SO I SENT THE WIFE :D:D:D

Saints Fan from 47 through good and bad times

I am currently in the Alps and can tell you the reason why the snow causes road chaos in the UK: nobody has snow tyres.

I am currently in the Alps and can tell you the reason why the snow causes road chaos in the UK: nobody has snow tyres.

After speaking with my French colleague yesterday - her family live just south of Paris - I'm never going to believe this "snow causes no problems in foreign" spiel again!

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

A couple of years before we moved from France to here, Paris was paralysed by a relatively moderate snowfall: thousands were trapped overnight in their cars on the A10 south west of Paris. On the it just looked like Basingstoke yesterday!

Of course, Parisians are France's equivalent to "Southerners" :lol: :lol:

After speaking with my French colleague yesterday - her family live just south of Paris - I'm never going to believe this "snow causes no problems in foreign" spiel again!

The places where it causes no problems are where they have it all the time. I'm sure we would be OK if we spent loads more tax on gritting lorries you don't use for 95% of the year, snow tyres on all cars at about

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"