Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Important Message from Rovers' CEO

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 stuart56

stuart56
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:11 PM

http://www.featherst...009/news120.htm

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

#2 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (stuart56 @ Dec 22 2009, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

fair enough, thanks for the quick response.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#3 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (stuart56 @ Dec 22 2009, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This not only comes as a relief to me but surely to Featherstone as a community. It is appreciated that this rumour has been nipped in the bud so quickly.

#4 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:12 PM

Well done Rovers for responding so quickly and putting us supporters in the picture

#5 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:30 PM

that'll ding dang do for me
There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

#6 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Sportbilly @ Dec 22 2009, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that'll ding dang do for me

same here, but i wish the statement was in plain English. I'd to read it twice before i realised it was good news.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#7 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:31 PM

How can anyone misrepresent an issue as important as this and issue spurious comments to the press?.
Well done the BOD for giving us the CORRECT information.

#8 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (DMS @ Dec 22 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
same here, but i wish the statement was in plain English. I'd to read it twice before i realised it was good news.

Same here DMS. It sounded a bit like politician talk talk. But will someone tell me how they see the last bit-are we to be a feeder club to Wakefield and if this development comes to fruition will it jeopordise our relationship with Leeds who seem to have a junior player tie up with us.?

#9 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (jamescolin @ Dec 22 2009, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same here DMS. It sounded a bit like politician talk talk. But will someone tell me how they see the last bit-are we to be a feeder club to Wakefield and if this development comes to fruition will it jeopordise our relationship with Leeds who seem to have a junior player tie up with us.?

The way I read it, they are looking to tie up with the amateur game and maybe offer the facilities for amateur and junior clubs to use, as well as offer coaching and training advice. Probably discussed which clubs each proffesional club would make the offer to, maybe to avoid overlap.

Then again, I could be completely wrong rolleyes.gif
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#10 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (jamescolin @ Dec 22 2009, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, the last paragraph threw up some interesting questions. If you fight your way through the gobbledegook the CEO mentions discussions about development of local young talent through the amateur level, through the scholarship, under 18s, reserves and 1st team squad and ultimately to super league.He also talks about economies of scale in coaching experience and training facilities. I do sense a tie up of some sort is on the cards. Might be wrong.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users