Boxing day

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 05:07 PM

Just wondering how the pitch is looking and also the terracing. Haven't been to the ground for a while but looking at the conditions driving around I don't hold much hope of the game going ahead.
If Rob can get the pitch playable (and if anybody can it would be Rob)then, if the terracing isn't safe perhaps it could be roped off and a path cleared into each stand, just to get the game played and revenue flowing. I don't like sitting but i'd be happy to if it meant the game being played.

#2 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Phil Stone @ Dec 23 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just wondering how the pitch is looking and also the terracing. Haven't been to the ground for a while but looking at the conditions driving around I don't hold much hope of the game going ahead.
If Rob can get the pitch playable (and if anybody can it would be Rob)then, if the terracing isn't safe perhaps it could be roped off and a path cleared into each stand, just to get the game played and revenue flowing. I don't like sitting but i'd be happy to if it meant the game being played.

Was over at the ground yesterday delivering xmas cards, had a walk on the pitch n i know i'm no expert but we will have to have a serious thaw for the game to go on. It's rock solid. It will need a lot of heat on it to soften it enough to play on and i don't think Robs capable of generating enough hot air for that job. Robin n Suggy maybe.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#3 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,914 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 05:37 PM

oh my word. You ought to hear kellington's daftest. Suggy the sage, the font of all things meteorological, reckons we're all going to be basking in tropical conditions at the weekend and the pitch will have thawed unbelievably so much, the game is bound to be on.
Personally, trusting the word of a man who lowers the ave IQ of a home game by at least 50 quotient points by his very presence, leaves too much to be desired!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#4 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:45 PM

we could ask wakey if we can play there if ours isnt fit................
There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

#5 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Sportbilly @ Dec 23 2009, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we could ask wakey if we can play there if ours isnt fit................

now that's class biggrin.gif
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#6 FEV-KT87

FEV-KT87
  • Coach
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 07:59 PM

been to the club today and most of the terracing is free from ice apart from one corner next to the main stand and the pitch is playable......but theres ment to be a freezing night tonight...

and a warm day friday so heres hoping
YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

#7 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Dec 23 2009, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh my word. You ought to hear kellington's daftest. Suggy the sage, the font of all things meteorological, reckons we're all going to be basking in tropical conditions at the weekend and the pitch will have thawed unbelievably so much, the game is bound to be on.
Personally, trusting the word of a man who lowers the ave IQ of a home game by at least 50 quotient points by his very presence, leaves too much to be desired!

Like i told you this morning ginner geek, water freezes at 0 owt above it will start to thaw, its hardly special relativity but if you want me to explain that to you i will. Stop living in the 80s and buy SKY, there is a weather channel and the weather reader is a very pretty thing, great curves and pert chest i watch her a lot and she says boxing day will see a dramatic rise in temperature between 4 and 6 and she reckons its good news for the many sporting activities, if she says that its good enough for me

#8 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:27 PM

theres more chance of everyone accepting crusaders as a genuine super league club than this game being on

#9 Mark Ashton

Mark Ashton
  • Coach
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:27 PM

And its thick with snow now

#10 FEV-KT87

FEV-KT87
  • Coach
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 12:55 AM

now now the snow is actualy a good thing, alow me to explain

a layer of snow will insulate the pitch preventing it from freezing

biggrin.gif god love racing uk
YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

#11 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,914 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (LOWFIELD @ Dec 23 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like i told you this morning ginner geek,

less of the "gingerist" comments!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

#12 Birchy

Birchy
  • Coach
  • 818 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Dec 24 2009, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
less of the "gingerist" comments!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ginners are winners rob!

UP THE ROVERS!

#13 Rob Hemmi

Rob Hemmi
  • Coach
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:49 AM

Av gid up hoping, chuff it let it snow,
Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

#14 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:04 PM

Will it wont it ? that is the question, as for "owt above 0 means it's not freezing" well most domestic fridges are set at 4 or 5 degrees and I wouldn't want to play in a fridge. Now then young lads of differing counties ( North & south yorkshire) stop the banter for Christmas, Robin stop calling Mr. Lowfield an Orange ovoid ( it's unkind to oranges) and Mr Lowfield stop calling Mr Evans a Ginner ( He's due to lose it soon anyway ) Above all have a great Christmasand New Year , and I hope the game goes ahead. for you both, Robin don't forget your Hawaiin Shirt in case it get's too hot.

Edited by Bob Fowler, 24 December 2009 - 04:04 PM.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

#15 Kirkie

Kirkie
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (Bob Fowler @ Dec 24 2009, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will it wont it ? that is the question, as for "owt above 0 means it's not freezing" well most domestic fridges are set at 4 or 5 degrees and I wouldn't want to play in a fridge. Now then young lads of differing counties ( North & south yorkshire) stop the banter for Christmas, Robin stop calling Mr. Lowfield an Orange ovoid ( it's unkind to oranges) and Mr Lowfield stop calling Mr Evans a Ginner ( He's due to lose it soon anyway ) Above all have a great Christmasand New Year , and I hope the game goes ahead. for you both, Robin don't forget your Hawaiin Shirt in case it get's too hot.

Merry Christmas to all,fev supporters

#16 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (Kirkie @ Dec 24 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Merry Christmas to all,fev supporters

Early morning inspection on Boxing Day.

#17 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,914 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (LOWFIELD @ Dec 23 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like i told you this morning ginner geek, water freezes at 0 owt above it will start to thaw, its hardly special relativity but if you want me to explain that to you i will. Stop living in the 80s and buy SKY, there is a weather channel and the weather reader is a very pretty thing, great curves and pert chest i watch her a lot and she says boxing day will see a dramatic rise in temperature between 4 and 6 and she reckons its good news for the many sporting activities, if she says that its good enough for me
oaf!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users