TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

HKR Debt

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:15 PM

3 Million not including the season just gone with over 2 million due for repayment in the next 12 months.It's not just the lower league clubs getting into debt.

http://news.bbc.co.u..._kr/8417462.stm

#2 rover n out

rover n out
  • Coach
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:19 PM

is this the price of sl ??
Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

#3 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:23 PM

but all is well on planet SL!!! - Woods and Lewis say so!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#4 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Dec 24 2009, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but all is well on planet SL!!! - Woods and Lewis say so!

Robin, if you dig deep enough into most of the SL clubs accounts they nearly all have horrific debts and are not even breaking even season on season. When you look at their expenditure the vast majority of it is going on wages, not just on players but all the staff they are obliged to employ. Hul KRs problem is not the worst by any means.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#5 HaroldShand

HaroldShand
  • Coach
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:04 PM

3 million pounds is a ridiculous debt for a Rugby League club. We are heading round the road of Premiership football in that our clubs seem to be building up debt willy nilly. Unfortunately, Rugby League doesn't/can't attract the big money men to come along and bail us out as the round-ball game clubs do.
I forecast worrying times for some SL clubs!
What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

#6 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (HaroldShand @ Dec 24 2009, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3 million pounds is a ridiculous debt for a Rugby League club. We are heading round the road of Premiership football in that our clubs seem to be building up debt willy nilly. Unfortunately, Rugby League doesn't/can't attract the big money men to come along and bail us out as the round-ball game clubs do.
I forecast worrying times for some SL clubs!

Bang on mate, a lot of our premier league football clubs are technically inslovent. When you consider their debts against income and then consider some leading SL clubs, they are in the same boat. As are a large proportion of clubs at our level.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#7 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 11:53 AM

Football clubs are fortunate in the fact that (for the time being), they can attract outside financial help, although there is the danger of this becoming an asset stripping excercise. As stated, we have difficulty in attracting such sugar daddies and I can forsee that in order for RL clubs to lessen their debts and even survive, we shall have to revert back to part time players.
Apart from the odd few players, this was the situation years ago and which really attracted the crowds.

#8 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 03:11 PM

some of the debts in the football premier league at the present time, make the leeds united debt of 78 million a few years ago insignificant.....sad to hear that about hull kr. i bet they would not swop their debt with hull citys overdraft...though mellow.gif

a merry christmas and a happy new year to all at Fev.

#9 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (Bob Crowther @ Dec 25 2009, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Football clubs are fortunate in the fact that (for the time being), they can attract outside financial help, although there is the danger of this becoming an asset stripping excercise. As stated, we have difficulty in attracting such sugar daddies and I can forsee that in order for RL clubs to lessen their debts and even survive, we shall have to revert back to part time players.
Apart from the odd few players, this was the situation years ago and which really attracted the crowds.

Good point Bob as I have predicted before Rugby League will have to revert back to part time players in order to survive. It won't be a bad thing it will level the game up again on the pitch and maybe give teams like Fev a chance to win the cup again. ......MONEY AND SPORT EH?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users