Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

And then there were 2?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:33 AM

Having seen the weather forcast for the next 5 days i'm not too optimistic about next Sundays game going ahead. The daytime temperature is going to be barely above freezing and there are minus temperatures forcast for the night.
Hopefully next weekend it will warm up a little but if the game is called off that leaves us with only 2 warm up games before the season, not enough to give every player enough game time before the competitive rugby starts.

#2 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:41 AM

nowt much we can do about the weather phil. We'll just have to go with what we have.
As much as player prep, losing 2 friendlies is a fair wack of income down the gary glitter we could have done with. Which reminds me, i still haven't got my bloody season ticket yet!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#3 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Jan 3 2010, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nowt much we can do about the weather phil. We'll just have to go with what we have.
As much as player prep, losing 2 friendlies is a fair wack of income down the gary glitter we could have done with. Which reminds me, i still haven't got my bloody season ticket yet!

no b tongue.gif gger has bud! they aint put a price on em yet as far as im aware! ...things move slowllyyyyyyyyy at fevland you shud know that lol

#4 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (GAZ1983 @ Jan 3 2010, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no b tongue.gif gger has bud! they aint put a price on em yet as far as im aware! ...things move slowllyyyyyyyyy at fevland you shud know that lol

Thought they said they were 145 if you paid your deposit before December, or am I hallucinating again blink.gif

Edited by sidnee, 03 January 2010 - 04:05 PM.

The weak conform, the strong survive.

#5 leejones

leejones
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:10 PM

Season ticket deposits registered in October and November will be:

Adult - 135

OAP/Student - 75

Child - 30

Deposits will continue to be taken and we will still keep a running total in our aim for 1000 applications, by making a deposit we are help you to spread the cost of a season ticket, however registrations from 1st December 2009 will be:

Adult - 145

OAP/Student - 80

Child - 30

#6 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:22 AM

just can't see sunday being on looking at the weather currently and the 5 day forecast. Prospect grim!

#7 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Jan 5 2010, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just can't see sunday being on looking at the weather currently and the 5 day forecast. Prospect grim!

There's more chance of Colin selling a book of Golden Gamble tickets in Big Fella's! laugh.gif

#8 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:22 AM

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#9 Mick H

Mick H
  • Coach
  • 586 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:31 AM

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif and getting a free pint!!!

#10 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Jan 5 2010, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to the Met office long term forecast, this could last for another 3 weeks. It's snowing buckets in FEV at the moment.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#11 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (DMS @ Jan 5 2010, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
According to the Met office long term forecast, this could last for another 3 weeks. It's snowing buckets in FEV at the moment.

We've only got snow in Hemsworth and me oxygen pipes keep freezing I'll spend the son's inheritance on heating I think. I do hope that the weather changes otherwise it will be a difficult start to the season.
To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

#12 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:48 PM

Given the current weather and forecasts for the next week or two, I can see the early NRC games being postponed, never mind us starting the season without any game time under our belts.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#13 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:55 PM

If this weather continues everybody will be in the same boat. If practice matches are so vital to the coaches maybe they could approach Leeds Rhinos about having a "Millenium Magic" style day at Headingley? Maybe three or four matches could be played on the same day for a single admission fee? There looks to be no chance of any other grounds being fit this weekend, so surely they have enough time to arrange it?

#14 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,351 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:04 PM

I was a bit gutted about missing the Donny match, especially as a game got played the day after. But now Im back In Las Palmas I can't say I miss the cold. I'll try again in April/May to get over for a game.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#15 gomersab

gomersab
  • Coach
  • 470 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:30 PM

are we now going to lose our second friendly? its just typical of british weather, reminds me of winter rugby lol. would it have been played if we had winter season?

#16 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:36 PM

err no!

#17 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Jan 5 2010, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
err no!

At last Robin, the global warming contingent have got it right. Belated Happy New Year owd lad, to you and the family.

#18 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:31 PM

many thanks Bob. Same to you and all of yours!

#19 ROVERS83

ROVERS83
  • Coach
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:51 PM

im right glad i got me and the young un those ticket packages just look at how money ive saxed
is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

#20 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:21 PM

Can't see what all the fuss is about, its only a bit of snow blink.gif
The weak conform, the strong survive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users