TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Wakefield Match

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:11 PM

Will the club be re-arranging this match or is it been scrapped now. I few clubs are having mid week matches, would this be an option for this friendly say a week on wednesday. This would give time for the weather to improve and it wouldn,t be far for the Wakey fans to come to see it.

#2 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:35 PM

Why not?

Prefer mid week games any way better atmosphere.

What else is there to do on a wednseday night?
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#3 zo9

zo9
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (lingard @ Jan 9 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why not?

went down this morning and there was 6 inch of snow all over the car park, it will take some clearing unless we have a sudden rise in temperature. havent seen the forecast for next week but they will be struggling to get next sundays game on the way its going. got my season ticket this morning cant wait for the season to start, lets hope the lads get a run out before the season starts.

#4 Jimmy B

Jimmy B
  • 595 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (lingard @ Jan 9 2010, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why not?

Are the floodlights fixed after the recent vandalism ?
Lets not forget, Featherstone Rovers is a RUGBY club.

#5 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Jimmy B @ Jan 9 2010, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The floodlights were probably the worst in Rugby League before the vandalism, can barely see a bloody thing!! There's better lighting at any outdoor pitch at sports centres!

#6 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (Jimmy B @ Jan 9 2010, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Up to last week they were still waiting for the electricians to mend them, so i was told.
Im Fev and im proud

#7 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:48 AM

Playing a mid-week game while your opponents have had a rest or your next opponents will be rested can usually have an adverse affect, like when we lost at home to Dewsbury early last year after playing Leigh midweek, but this is different!
In pre-season friendlies most players only play half a game and the result is less important than the run out it gives the lads, especially the new ones. If something isn't done to get a few games on, Daryl will have to start the season with his "Best Guess" team and those that don't get in for the first game may have to wait for someone to get injured or have a stinker.
Maybe a re-arranged game could be pencilled in with two or three alternative dates? The earlier ones could then be called off a few days in advance if the temperature is predicted to drop. The attendance might suffer, but not as much as if we start the season unprepared and lose matches we are expected to win!

Edited by Steve Slater, 10 January 2010 - 09:49 AM.

#8 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,599 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:45 AM

Whilst the lack of preparation is frustrating, but all clubs are in the same boat and many sides will go into the NR Cup undercooked in terms of match practise if this weather keeps up.

I wouldn't put a friendly midweek though.

The blackpool game has for a few years now been a run out for fringe & U21 players. It'll have to be a first XIII now (assuming that game is on).

Some of the tactical/positional tinkering that DP will want to do will have to come in the NR Cup. Not ideal, but no option really.

#9 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (marklaspalmas @ Jan 10 2010, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whilst the lack of preparation is frustrating, but all clubs are in the same boat and many sides will go into the NR Cup undercooked in terms of match practise if this weather keeps up.

I wouldn't put a friendly midweek though.

The blackpool game has for a few years now been a run out for fringe & U21 players. It'll have to be a first XIII now (assuming that game is on).

Some of the tactical/positional tinkering that DP will want to do will have to come in the NR Cup. Not ideal, but no option really.

The test of a good manager, Mark.

#10 Paul Gibbins

Paul Gibbins
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Rarefrith @ Jan 9 2010, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The floodlights were probably the worst in Rugby League before the vandalism, can barely see a bloody thing!! There's better lighting at any outdoor pitch at sports centres!

at least ours cover the entire pitch,,,, st helens touchlines are in complete darkness
PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling
Plastering

Bathroom fitting
Fencing
Guttering

Insurance work
Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

#11 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (Rarefrith @ Jan 9 2010, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Barrow's are much worse. They announce when they've turned them on, so that you know.

Edited by Griff, 10 January 2010 - 05:41 PM.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users