http://www.wakefield...cats.5977216.jp
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#2 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (Chris Taylor @ Jan 13 2010, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

on what could be a cold february nite methinks we could have a lukewarm response to this now "watered down" fixture...DP has already "put the marker down". dry.gif

#3 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,892 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:01 PM

Can't see the point in playing this now.

It's not a warm-up (no pun intended) game for the season any more and it's not a fundraiser because it's no longer a first team fixture. dry.gif
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#4 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (Griff @ Jan 13 2010, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't see the point in playing this now.

It's not a warm-up (no pun intended) game for the season any more and it's not a fundraiser because it's no longer a first team fixture. dry.gif

it won't be if you read DP's comments.only "fringe" squad players yet to feature in the NRC will have a run-out the rest will be u21's.and what sort of team are Wakey gonna send with SL just round the corner. sad.gif

#5 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (GAZ1983 @ Jan 13 2010, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it won't be if you read DP's comments.only "fringe" squad players yet to feature in the NRC will have a run-out the rest will be u21's.and what sort of team are Wakey gonna send with SL just round the corner. sad.gif

Problem is bud, DP and the club cant win either way, he doesnt say anything regards team he will select and people pay 14 notes they will play helll up, or he does like he has, trys to be honest with people says will be fringe team and people play helll up. I think with all the new players we have we will need plenty of games to get the combinations / attack / defence patterns DP wants right. Either way i will be at the game with a car full, and hope others go so we can compensate a little for the 30k or so lost with the 2 friendlies

#6 Vic Johnson

Vic Johnson
  • Coach
  • 631 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:24 AM

[ Either way i will be at the game with a car full, and hope others go so we can compensate a little for the 30k or so lost with the 2 friendlies
[/quote]

I'll be there. I thought the reserve team games last year were excellent, particularly where players were fighting to get into the first team. (And we need the money)
Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

#7 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (LOWFIELD @ Jan 13 2010, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Problem is bud, DP and the club cant win either way, he doesnt say anything regards team he will select and people pay 14 notes they will play helll up, or he does like he has, trys to be honest with people says will be fringe team and people play helll up. I think with all the new players we have we will need plenty of games to get the combinations / attack / defence patterns DP wants right. Either way i will be at the game with a car full, and hope others go so we can compensate a little for the 30k or so lost with the 2 friendlies

Hopefully most of us will be going to watch us play Blackpool, and how many names from the first thirteen selection for that match has anybody seen play at PO road before or anywhere else?

#8 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,285 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:59 PM

i would hope we get a decent crowd colin. It will go a long way to making up lost ground.
Be nice to see some of the new faces.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#9 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Jan 14 2010, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i would hope we get a decent crowd colin. It will go a long way to making up lost ground.
Be nice to see some of the new faces.

I hope so too Robin. I am so bored what with the weather and no matches. The 24 hours in a day have seemed like a week. Now I know what it must be like to be permanently confined and unable to get out. To top it all the ruddy computer went down. I have just spent a hour talking to Talk Talk. Three days without it. Bring back steam radio all is forgiven. It will be interesting to see how many of Sunday's team become regulars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users