Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Shirts

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 05:22 PM

Having seen the orginal pictures of the shirts, I was quite critical of the design. Now having seen the shirt up close on Sunday I feel I was a little hasty, I think apart from the over generous collar and the fabric the shirt design its self is very good I love the red accent lines and stiching and the army logo is spot on.

Shame the origianl pictures didnt do the shirt or the designer justice. So Im now the proud owner of the snazziest shirt in the league biggrin.gif

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#2 zo9

zo9
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (petesmithfan @ Jan 19 2010, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Having seen the orginal pictures of the shirts, I was quite critical of the design. Now having seen the shirt up close on Sunday I feel I was a little hasty, I think apart from the over generous collar and the fabric the shirt design its self is very good I love the red accent lines and stiching and the army logo is spot on.

Shame the origianl pictures didnt do the shirt or the designer justice. So Im now the proud owner of the snazziest shirt in the league biggrin.gif

i was same, the design looked plain and boring on the picture, you couldnt make out the red detail on it, but having seen it in the flesh its a very smart shirt. havent bought mine yet waiting to see what the away shirt is like.

#3 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:44 PM

Anyone seen the away shirt?

#4 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (elppaxr2i @ Jan 19 2010, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone seen the away shirt?

A little dickie bird tells me its same design but red in place of the blue wink.gif
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#5 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:42 PM

quite the opposite for me, but each to his own eh.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#6 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:12 AM

after seeing it proper for the first time on sun i could have probably lived with the design but I'm afraid the quality for the price is poor for me, like i've said before 'a glorified T-shirt'
There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

#7 HARTY

HARTY
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:04 AM

quite like the design but the quality of the shirt is very poor feel a bit ripped off tbh

#8 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (HARTY @ Jan 20 2010, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
quite like the design but the quality of the shirt is very poor feel a bit ripped off tbh

It was the design I was praising, the material is a little flimsy for a rugby shirt. I dont feel ripped off as I see it for what it is, a limited edition/production item with only a thousand or so being produced. It is also a way of th e club making money and if the club didnt make money from fans there would be no club. If i were buying it from Jon barrie then yes I would feel that I was being ripped off, but buying it from Rovers I am just helping the cause.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#9 ROVERS83

ROVERS83
  • Coach
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:14 PM

dont we just buy the shirt to give the club much needed funds otherwise they could drop the price of the shirt by a fiver and put a quid on the turnstyle fee
the shirt is only designed to last for 10 months anyhow
is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

#10 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (petesmithfan @ Jan 20 2010, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was the design I was praising, the material is a little flimsy for a rugby shirt. I dont feel ripped off as I see it for what it is, a limited edition/production item with only a thousand or so being produced. It is also a way of th e club making money and if the club didnt make money from fans there would be no club. If i were buying it from Jon barrie then yes I would feel that I was being ripped off, but buying it from Rovers I am just helping the cause.

so if beer was a tenner a pint, programme 6 quid, golden gamble a fiver would you stump up for it?...for the cause?.....I can understand ya mentality psf but do ya think the sales of shirts would boost if we paid something like 25? more affordable imo

#11 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (Sportbilly @ Jan 20 2010, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so if beer was a tenner a pint, programme 6 quid, golden gamble a fiver would you stump up for it?...for the cause?.....I can understand ya mentality psf but do ya think the sales of shirts would boost if we paid something like 25? more affordable imo

If it was a tenner a pint I wouldn't even enter the ground biggrin.gif

Think I agree with you Sportbilly, just because we support the club it shouldn't mean we are expected to pay for sub standard stuff "because its helping the club" for that reason alone.

#12 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:57 PM

I wonder how much it actually costs to produce the shirts in a batch? Can't be much more than 30 for an adult.
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#13 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (PJT @ Jan 20 2010, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it was a tenner a pint I wouldn't even enter the ground biggrin.gif

Think I agree with you Sportbilly, just because we support the club it shouldn't mean we are expected to pay for sub standard stuff "because its helping the club" for that reason alone.

i was trying to compare summat.....all i could think was if my chippy(who i think sell lovely fish) was to start selling sub-standard fish, then pump up the price to a tenner for F&C, I wouldn't keep buying them just to help the chippy's cause, I would still use it, I just wouldn't buy the fish......am I making sense here? I have been on days lol wacko.gif

#14 Paul Hewes

Paul Hewes
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:05 PM

When I ran the Buccaneers and I got the mascot shirts at roughly cost price, you were talking about mid 20 price range for adults and kids, very little difference in price.

#15 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (Sportbilly @ Jan 20 2010, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i was trying to compare summat.....all i could think was if my chippy(who i think sell lovely fish) was to start selling sub-standard fish, then pump up the price to a tenner for F&C, I wouldn't keep buying them just to help the chippy's cause, I would still use it, I just wouldn't buy the fish......am I making sense here? I have been on days lol wacko.gif

Yep, crystal clear!

There's nowt wrong with the club making a profit on the clobber but if the quality is shiiite folk can't be expected to buy it just because "its helping fev" or whatever.

#16 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (Sportbilly @ Jan 20 2010, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can see your point however the thing with a shirt is it has a much longer life than any of the above, and costs alot more to produce.

You may be right that the club would sell a lot more shirts for 25 but would they make more money?

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#17 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (petesmithfan @ Jan 20 2010, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You may be right that the club would sell a lot more shirts for 25 but would they make more money?

we'll probably never know psf

#18 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (petesmithfan @ Jan 20 2010, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can see your point however the thing with a shirt is it has a much longer life than any of the above, and costs alot more to produce.

It might sell more shirts but it would make less profit. If they really wanted to maximise profit they would put the price UP.
100 shirts @ 40 = 400
90 shirts @ 50 = 450

Edited by DMS, 20 January 2010 - 11:14 PM.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#19 HARTY

HARTY
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:22 AM

il still be buying the away shirt because im a sucker 4 rovers ,just hopefully next year we'll get a proper kit supplier and not settle for sunday league football quality wink.gif

#20 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:26 PM

If we went back to the quality of the Kooga shirt then I for one would pay 50.00, as it is the last couple of shirts have been very poor quality and would rather do without, so thats no profit at all from me, sometimes you have to listen to the customer and by the sounds of it a lot of supporters are in the same opinion with regards to the quality.