Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

today then

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (Andrew Vause @ Jan 24 2010, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rovers; Hardman, Steel, Smeaton, Wellham, Saxton, Briggs, Kain, Morrison, Lee, Dickens, Grayshon, Dale, Field subs; Tonks, Allan,Marabe, Nandye (went off with foot injury) Divorty, Manning, Spears, Dobek.

KR; J Latus, S Latus, Ratu, Mariano, Colbon, Webster, Spaven, Beaumont, Hodgson, Wheeldon, Taylor, Cook, I'anson
subs: Fisher,Morrell, Cooke (P), Mills, Netherton, Watts.

ok they were'nt at full strengh but i reckon ratu,colbon,webster,wheeldon,cook m,i.anson,fisher,morrell,cooke p,mills,neteherton and watts will all figure in their first 17 at various stages of the season.....so cedit where its due and a cracking performance by Rovers cool.gif .....i can smell that Blackpool air already.... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#22 The Baby Faced Assassin.

The Baby Faced Assassin.
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:22 PM

Definetly specail praise for Stu, last season his off load game seemed to have left him but the passes he slipped out in the tackle today were vintage Dickens stuff. The one that Divorty scored off was a real stormer on both their parts, it's long time since I have seen two Fev props link up like that, their full back had no chance the speed that Divorty was going tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

#23 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (The Baby Faced Assassin. @ Jan 24 2010, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Definetly specail praise for Stu, last season his off load game seemed to have left him but the passes he slipped out in the tackle today were vintage Dickens stuff. The one that Divorty scored off was a real stormer on both their parts, it's long time since I have seen two Fev props link up like that, their full back had no chance the speed that Divorty was going tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
Yeah superb. As a side note did anyone notice forward passes only counted when we did one which was negligable in the first half after a brilliant move. O k well someone has to have a go at the ref it may as well be me again

#24 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (Phil Loxton @ Jan 24 2010, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah superb. As a side note did anyone notice forward passes only counted when we did one which was negligable in the first half after a brilliant move. O k well someone has to have a go at the ref it may as well be me again

Me and half the family stand fully agree dry.gif
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#25 GARY....S

GARY....S
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (The Baby Faced Assassin. @ Jan 24 2010, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Their fullback k..rapped himself when he saw Divorty coming like a steam train.....Under strength all there players are fulltime ....thats not under strength ...well done boy's lets kick on from here biggrin.gif
"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

Posted Image

#26 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:08 AM

The other good news for Featherstone was that they did not sustain any worrying injuries.
Rovers coach Daryl Powell said: "Tony Tonks got a bit of a dead leg so he had to leave the field but for everyone else they were tactical substitutions so it looks like we'll be fine."

Taken from the Pont n Cas website. Good news there.Sounds like JJ is okay

#27 POR

POR
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 11:34 AM

Posatives
Running at angles
Running onto ball at pace
Backing up
Tackling round legs
Better kicking selection on last tackle in the second half than whole of last season

Negatives
although hardman played well and run the ball out still missed two one on one tackles on of which resulted in a try.
Kick off NO VARIATION!!!!!! Should take a leaf out of dobek in reserves he employs at least half dozen different kicks
when are we going to attempt 40 20?

#28 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:45 PM

I can't say i'm that bothered about the strength or lack of it of the Hull KR team, i was more interested in our performance. I thought it was a good performance from a team who have had limited game time. We looked sharp in attack with lot's of options available to the half backs. In the first half when we were under some intense pressure our last line of defence was very good.
Unlike last year i'm not going to get too carried away, the real stuff starts next week. With our turnover off players i still think it will be a few more games till we see the real FEV.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#29 Paul Gibbins

Paul Gibbins
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (POR @ Jan 25 2010, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Posatives
Running at angles
Running onto ball at pace
Backing up
Tackling round legs
Better kicking selection on last tackle in the second half than whole of last season

Negatives
although hardman played well and run the ball out still missed two one on one tackles on of which resulted in a try.
Kick off NO VARIATION!!!!!! Should take a leaf out of dobek in reserves he employs at least half dozen different kicks
when are we going to attempt 40 20?

personally i hope we don't have to kick off half a dozen times per match, once will do for me wink.gif
PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling
Plastering

Bathroom fitting
Fencing
Guttering

Insurance work
Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

#30 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:01 PM

where we was sat in the family stand 2tries of theirs were from forward passes,I was discussing this while purchasing my season tickets with our match commentator and he said the passes were not forward, and he also said he was in the gantry so had a better view. I dont agree, if anything our view is probably the same height as his but the passes were in front of us. Surely its time for the assisstant referees to take a more active role in helping the ref with regards to forward passes as he usually has a better view from the sideline. The Warrington and Barrow games were both lost last season due to numerous forward pass tries, I know its ignored in Super league but the rules state that a forward pass is illegal. The start of this problem for me was when they introduced the video ref and ruled that he couldnt rule on a forward pass,surely that was one of the main reasons the video ref was introduced. All the hard work done in defence is wasted when a forward pass try is allowed to stand.

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#31 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:28 PM

What I was most pleased about was the performance of the pack, especially the engine room. I thought they were the best in our division last year, but the addition of Morrison appears to have made them even better. The return from injury of Jamie Field is like a major new signing, and I am sure that Divorty and Lee will improve even more this year. Matty Dale is top drawer, and Tim spears not far behind. Stu looks as good as ever and Tonka will be even better coming off the bench. Daryl obviously rates Grayshon highly and you've got to trust his judgement.
The future looks bright!

#32 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:57 AM

We were saying the same Steve. Jim Morrison looked really keen and Divorty looks 100% better. He ran like a man possessed. The way he hit their full back at that pace to score must have left said full back checking his shorts for solids!!! biggrin.gif

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#33 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Jan 26 2010, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We were saying the same Steve. Jim Morrison looked really keen and Divorty looks 100% better. He ran like a man possessed. The way he hit their full back at that pace to score must have left said full back checking his shorts for solids!!! biggrin.gif

morrison?? he's tuutta riencarnated mate....sit back n enjoy!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#34 Mr Hammond

Mr Hammond
  • Coach
  • 191 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (Steve Slater @ Jan 26 2010, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I was most pleased about was the performance of the pack, especially the engine room. I thought they were the best in our division last year, but the addition of Morrison appears to have made them even better. The return from injury of Jamie Field is like a major new signing, and I am sure that Divorty and Lee will improve even more this year. Matty Dale is top drawer, and Tim spears not far behind. Stu looks as good as ever and Tonka will be even better coming off the bench. Daryl obviously rates Grayshon highly and you've got to trust his judgement. The future looks bright!

Agree about Morrison, Field and Divorty, and Dickens looked as good as ever. Maybe if the kicking duties stay with Briggs it might help as well. I reckon Jack Lee will improve again this year and has the potential to be very significant player for us. Interesting to see Dobek come at 9, his distribution was good just needs to learn when to run from dummy half and we've got another option at hooker.

Very diplomatic about Grayshon, exactly my thoughts. But with Dale, Field, Spears, Manning and Allan also back rowers fighting for places he'll need to be on the top of his game.
Pure Green Heaven, Hammonds Mint Sauce

#35 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Mr Hammond @ Jan 26 2010, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agree about Morrison, Field and Divorty, and Dickens looked as good as ever. Maybe if the kicking duties stay with Briggs it might help as well. I reckon Jack Lee will improve again this year and has the potential to be very significant player for us. Interesting to see Dobek come at 9, his distribution was good just needs to learn when to run from dummy half and we've got another option at hooker.

Very diplomatic about Grayshon, exactly my thoughts. But with Dale, Field, Spears, Manning and Allan also back rowers fighting for places he'll need to be on the top of his game.

and that,sir, is exactley what Darryl intends it to be...the winners will be US!!!!

#36 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,354 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Jan 26 2010, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jim Morrison looked really keen

Yes Robin. He's a real rider on the storm, isn't he? wink.gif

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#37 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:23 AM

Let it Roll!!! biggrin.gif
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users