Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rovers 34 Hull KR 22 Match Report.........................

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 stuart56

stuart56
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:48 PM

http://www.featherst...hkrhome2010.htm

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

#2 Vic Johnson

Vic Johnson
  • Coach
  • 631 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:59 AM

Watch out Martin, the commentary was very good !!!!!
Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

#3 stuart56

stuart56
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (Vic Johnson @ Jan 26 2010, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Watch out Martin, the commentary was very good !!!!!

No competiton Martin. I don't know how you do it so well.

Mind you it didn't help having two number 3s, 4s and 12s. Thankfully Larsen was wearing a scrum hat or I might have mistaken him for Sam with them wearing the same number. Mistakes a plenty and I even managed to award the final try to Kyle instead of Ian!!!! unsure.gif

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

#4 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:58 PM

Thanks for the report Stuart as I cannot get to a game at present and it helps to read such good articles. As for commentating, once when we played Barrow in the league, Martin was filming and I did the commentary, The Barrow wingers were giving us some hamme and I remarked " That if Easyjet had wings like ours, they would never get off the ground!" What I didn't realise wast that David Hobbs was to play the DVD on the team coach on the way home. When the next game came around, the first Bloke I saw was Wayne McHugh ( who had been on of the wings) He glared at me then began humming the Dam busters march ( not a pretty sound) but they took it in good fun.
To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

#5 Ovo

Ovo
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:57 PM

Watched the DVD last night - Stuart I was impressed

I was also impressed with our play... Mr Morrison and Mr Dickens were particularly good.

I also think Dobek's performance at hooker was good. His quality and timing of pass to first receiver is excellent. Also he had played the day before!
Anything I post is a personal opinion

#6 Stephanie Overton

Stephanie Overton
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:21 PM

I must say Stuart it was a nice change to hear a different voice to Martin's. I sit and cringe at home watching the DVD's, as I can't bear listening to him wink.gif , I often wonder how he get's away with saying what he does tongue.gif ! I suppose he approaches it with passion and isn't biased (much) wink.gif .

#7 stuart56

stuart56
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (Stephanie Overton @ Jan 27 2010, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I must say Stuart it was a nice change to hear a different voice to Martin's. I sit and cringe at home watching the DVD's, as I can't bear listening to him wink.gif , I often wonder how he get's away with saying what he does tongue.gif ! I suppose he approaches it with passion and isn't biased (much) wink.gif .

Believe me it's not modesty to say I'm a poor substitute. I must admit it wasn't as onerous as I expected but I don't think I'll give up the day job just yet. At least with a written match report I can upload a corrected version when I realise how wrong I've got it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users