Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

There at it again

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:27 PM

Banging on about the groud being at capacity.......One stand is completely empty!!!!!!!

Good old senior says......Crusaders shouldn't be in SL. Muppets say he should keep his mouth shut and get on with what he is paid to do. Shame they never said that when Fielding was moaning about PR and Peacock complains about the amount of games those poor, over worked, full time professional, well paid #### have to do.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#2 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,167 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (lingard @ Jan 29 2010, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Banging on about the groud being at capacity.......One stand is completely empty!!!!!!!

Good old senior says......Crusaders shouldn't be in SL. Muppets say he should keep his mouth shut and get on with what he is paid to do. Shame they never said that when Fielding was moaning about PR and Peacock complains about the amount of games those poor, over worked, full time professional, well paid #### have to do.

They are full of verbal diahorrea pair of them.
Im Fev and im proud

#3 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:49 PM

The 'empty' stand is closed for safety reasons, so the ground is certainly close if not at its current capacity.

#4 zo9

zo9
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (Les Tonks Sidestep @ Jan 29 2010, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The 'empty' stand is closed for safety reasons, so the ground is certainly close if not at its current capacity.

are they all paying fans though and will they be there every week? senior is right they shouldnt be in sl, they are a joke and have made rugby league a laugthing stock.

#5 stuart56

stuart56
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:02 PM

An interesting thing that according to google maps it would take twice as long for a fan who supported Celtic Crusaders last year to get to the game than a Rhinos fan. We sometimes forget that in all the politics and arguing about quotas the supporters too often get forgotten.
< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

#6 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (zo9 @ Jan 29 2010, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are they all paying fans though and will they be there every week? senior is right they shouldnt be in sl, they are a joke and have made rugby league a laugthing stock.

Virtually all will have paid - there have (apparently) though been some discounted tickets made available to local schools and Wrexham FC season ticket holders.

Whether those there tonight will still be going in a few weeks time, never mind by the end of the season, remains to be seen.

#7 The Baby Faced Assassin.

The Baby Faced Assassin.
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (stuart56 @ Jan 29 2010, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
An interesting thing that according to google maps it would take twice as long for a fan who supported Celtic Crusaders last year to get to the game than a Rhinos fan. We sometimes forget that in all the politics and arguing about quotas the supporters too often get forgotten.

From what I hear Stuart both Celtic fans were consulted prior to the change of venue and were said to be OK with the new travelling arrangements laugh.gif

#8 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (lingard @ Jan 29 2010, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah why have they the right to tell someone to keep their mouth shut when those two have done more damage to the game with their opinions then anybody else has? Pushing for no promotion through their SKY megaphone for instance. I turned the volume off when they came out with that statement which I will continue to do with every Super League game.

#9 dianeglenn2002

dianeglenn2002
  • Coach
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:46 AM

It's ages since I last went on here but I have to say the last time Fev played in wales the crowd they gave was a lie and the majority were given free tickets and they were giving free shirts away and even offered one to me (as if I would take one let alone wear it). A lot of the crowd were SL fans who were down there for the weekend. A lot of teenagers behind where we were stood weren't even watching the match they were playing football so I think there will have been a lot of freebies.
UP THE ROVERS DOWN WITH THE CAS ####!!!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users