question

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:28 AM

what with the john terry fiasco and some of our r.l. players making headlines for the wrong reasons, who do you think has the best role models, football or rugby league. i like rugby league players, i like footballers too, but which is better, there's only one way to find out.................FIGHT!
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#2 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:04 PM

Old Rover, it is fifty years since I last fought in the ring, but I fancy my chances against the soccer players of today.
Are you suggesting a soccer v rugby contest?. We would obviously have to pick all the hookers and scrum halfs. I am willing to hold the handbags of the other lot.

#3 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Bob Crowther @ Feb 6 2010, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Old Rover, it is fifty years since I last fought in the ring, but I fancy my chances against the soccer players of today.
Are you suggesting a soccer v rugby contest?. We would obviously have to pick all the hookers and scrum halfs. I am willing to hold the handbags of the other lot.

Think he's on about 'Harry Hill TV burp' Bob. If they ever want to know who would win between A and B, he calls FIGHT and choas ensues. laugh.gif
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#4 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,178 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (oldrover @ Feb 6 2010, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what with the john terry fiasco and some of our r.l. players making headlines for the wrong reasons, who do you think has the best role models, football or rugby league. i like rugby league players, i like footballers too, but which is better, there's only one way to find out.................FIGHT!

Definately Rugby league players to win, footballers are way to soft in my opinion laugh.gif
They need to learn to keep it in their trousers rolleyes.gif
Im Fev and im proud

#5 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (Maureen T-k @ Feb 6 2010, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They need to learn to keep it in their trousers rolleyes.gif

The model is equally to blame yet it is Terry who is taking all the flak. That said I have no sympathy whatsoever for him.

#6 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:42 PM

I was in a nightclub in Leeds about 5 years ago and saw a confrontation between a Leeds United player and a Rhinos player. Don't want to name names but the Rhinos player got a right hiding before the bouncers split it up.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#7 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:53 PM

Isn't it a bit of an over generalisation saying that all footballers are soft? One of the hardest and I mean hard not just with a reputation, was a bloke that some of you may of heard of from the pastures of Thurnscoe, South Yorkhire. Billy Whitehurst. apparently he finished so called hard man Vincent Peter Jones off inside 5 seconds in the Sheff united dressing room, apparently the man was iron and I don't mean in the cockney rhyming sense.

#8 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 11:17 PM

Those were the days when soccer players were built of the right stuff. The likes of Bremner, Dougan, Skinner Normanton and Bobby Smith would have held their own on the rugby field.

#9 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE (Bob Crowther @ Feb 7 2010, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those were the days when soccer players were built of the right stuff. The likes of Bremner, Dougan, Skinner Normanton and Bobby Smith would have held their own on the rugby field.

you missed out drogba bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users