• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 02:04 PM

http://news.bbc.co.u...don/8509461.stm

I don't think the vast majority of people mind expansion outside the heartlands, just the way it is being done.

#2 Vic Johnson

Vic Johnson
  • Coach
  • 631 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:36 PM

I don't think the vast majority of people mind expansion outside the heartlands, just the way it is being done.
[/quote]

I would love to see RL played throughout the land. My beef is about the way the RFL goes about it. If people only see Super League teams (Which don't really have to do much that's too exciting, seeing as how they have no relegation or promotion), then the idea of forming smaller teams and more leagues will be missed. I cannot help thinking that until SL is got rid of, the game will not be seen in it's real capacity as a competitive sport with players who are hell bent on getting to the top through sheer hard graft. I don't know how you do it, but it's not by shoving money into clubs that are not improving, namely, Harlequins and Crusaders.
Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

#3 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,263 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:58 PM

dismissive of people that speak against his vision on 'phone-ins', makes a claim that the vast majority want expansion but doesn't qualify how he justifies the "vast majority" claim!!!
No time for the man at all or his hoppo!!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#4 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Feb 11 2010, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dismissive of people that speak against his vision on 'phone-ins', makes a claim that the vast majority want expansion but doesn't qualify how he justifies the "vast majority" claim!!!
No time for the man at all or his hoppo!!

Lewis reminds me a lot of that dismal little man who is leader of Wakefield council. Disagree with him and your a zealot who is stuck in the dark ages or worse. I long ago gave up on RL being run in a fair and equitable manner. I don't expect this to change anytime soon. I have no interest in SL and even regard it as a different sport to the one i follow. They can all go to hell on a handcart.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users