Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone Rovers Text Message Service

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:59 PM

How many people would be interested in the above? Either pay as you go or a quarterly direct debit fee as some football clubs successfully use this service?

The service could include things such as

* Team line ups
* Tries scored
* Half time scores
* Full time scores
* Red Cards
* Travel and ticket information
* Breaking news from the club and all transfers in and out

#2 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,069 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:51 PM

the way the tom tom drums work i virtually get that anyway! Lol!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#3 Steve Ashton

Steve Ashton
  • Coach
  • 922 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:53 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'd subscribe
Steven Ashton

#4 NTC

NTC
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:19 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me.... dependant on cost of course! rolleyes.gif

#5 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Rarefrith @ Feb 12 2010, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How many people would be interested in the above? Either pay as you go or a quarterly direct debit fee as some football clubs successfully use this service?

The service could include things such as

* Team line ups
* Tries scored
* Half time scores
* Full time scores
* Red Cards
* Travel and ticket information
* Breaking news from the club and all transfers in and out

Not sure if there would be enough demand for such a service to make it worthwhile. Breaking news would be decent but if you're online then you get stuff pretty quick. Also, most of the time news directly from the club is normally way behind unnofficial gossip wink.gif

Team line ups, tries scored, etc are good if you're away on holiday or can't get to the game but if you're at the game they can be a bit annoying.

I was on a similar service for Spurs for a few months and found it a waste of money.

#6 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (PJT @ Feb 12 2010, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was on a similar service for Spurs for a few months and found it a waste of money.

you took the words right outta me mouth biggrin.gif
There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

#7 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (Sportbilly @ Feb 12 2010, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you took the words right outta me mouth biggrin.gif

Haha, I'll give you that one Sportbilly.

Got value for money last Wednesday evening being locked in for 45 minutes after the game so the Leeds lot could settle down wink.gif

#8 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (PJT @ Feb 12 2010, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha, I'll give you that one Sportbilly.

Got value for money last Wednesday evening being locked in for 45 minutes after the game so the Leeds lot could settle down wink.gif

if i'd have spotted ya from the upper east i would have waved.........well a sort of wave rolleyes.gif
There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

#9 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (Sportbilly @ Feb 12 2010, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if i'd have spotted ya from the upper east i would have waved.........well a sort of wave rolleyes.gif

Don't worry, I got a few special waves in first.

Upper East..... hope you took a duster to remove all the cobwebs with it only being open when proper teams come to town.

#10 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:26 AM

I don't get to every game and struggle to get match reports and results. Put me down very good idea.

#11 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (PJT @ Feb 13 2010, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't worry, I got a few special waves in first.

Upper East..... hope you took a duster to remove all the cobwebs with it only being open when proper teams come to town.

Proper teams, what like spurs who couldn't sell their allocation of tickets and sent 1800 back. Hope your old enough to remember Spurs being champions, you must been knocking on if you do!!

#12 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (Rarefrith @ Feb 14 2010, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Proper teams, what like spurs who couldn't sell their allocation of tickets and sent 1800 back. Hope your old enough to remember Spurs being champions, you must been knocking on if you do!!

I actually thought taking 3,000 to a game live on the TV, midweek with no trains back to London afterwards against lower league opposition wasn't that bad. Today, over 4,500 went to Bolton out of a 4,800 allocation, not bad really!

As for seeing Spurs win the league, no I haven't. Same as I've never seen Fev win a league title! Seen us win the FA Cup, League Cup twice and never seen my team get relegated so I'm more than happy with who I support. Thanks for your concern though.

Anyway, back to the main topic (before the thread gets locked!) and Fev (who by the looks of things are more of a concern than either Leeds or Spurs biggrin.gif !!) then I'm still not sure whether it would be a worthwhile venture, just can't see enough demand to generate sufficient profit.

Phone would have been busy this afternoon though laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users