Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rovers team news in YEP

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:52 PM

http://www.yorkshire...inue.6066125.jp

#2 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (pont rover @ Feb 12 2010, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I find resting and experimenting players during a must win game quite unbelievable!!

Welham rested after a hat trick (Is Hobbs back?)!! Young Smeaton hasn't done anything yet for me.

#3 roversspud

roversspud
  • Coach
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:25 PM

Sam Smeaton was outstanding last year when called upon. One one-on -one tackle at Toulouse last season was breathtaking and saved a certain try. His commitment at Leigh in the league could not be faulted when he attempted to make a tackle whilst suffering with a serious knee injury that subsequently kept him out for several games. He's had only one competitive match this season and did nowt wrong .....can that be said of everyone last Sunday?
"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

#4 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (roversspud @ Feb 12 2010, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sam Smeaton was outstanding last year when called upon. One one-on -one tackle at Toulouse last season was breathtaking and saved a certain try. His commitment at Leigh in the league could not be faulted when he attempted to make a tackle whilst suffering with a serious knee injury that subsequently kept him out for several games. He's had only one competitive match this season and did nowt wrong .....can that be said of everyone last Sunday?

Not saying he doesn't try and that he won't improve but he's made very little impact so far for me. Do you think he outplayed Welham on sunday!?

Powell will put himself under fairly strong pressure should the changes backfire on sunday because a loss and thats it for the Northern Rail cup for another season.

#5 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (roversspud @ Feb 12 2010, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PS - there's no way he was outstanding, thats overstating things somewhat. When everyone was fit, did he feature? Nope not often

#6 Steve Ashton

Steve Ashton
  • Coach
  • 922 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:24 PM

Coady and Manning will only make the team better in my opinion...

Steven Ashton

#7 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (Rarefrith @ Feb 12 2010, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find resting and experimenting players during a must win game quite unbelievable!!

Welham rested after a hat trick (Is Hobbs back?)!! Young Smeaton hasn't done anything yet for me.

Not sure if experimenting is the correct way of looking at it. IMO apart from the loss of Tonks i think this looks a slightly stronger team than last weeks. Welham did very well with ball in hand but defensively he still has a lot of work to do. I like the fact that Dobek is getting an early chance in an important game, he looks a very good prospect. Leigh are likely to start with Nanyn at centre so a bit of size and strength out there won't go amiss.
My only real concern is Grayshons tendancy to come out the defensive line, might just be over eagerness in his first game but it cost us last week.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#8 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:38 PM

To be honest I think Dp is laying a marker down to the players that, thier is no garunteed place, and that everyone is going to have to perform to their highest level to keep thier place. I think Lee and field took some bad options in attack last week and thus Allen and Dobeck get thier chance, Matty dale was a bit quite by his standards so Manning gets his chance also.

As DMS says this is still a very strong team and one in which Dp must have faith. And as a fan so do I.

Come on lads show us what u can do.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#9 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:11 PM

Its fine, having to compete for places but we are getting to the stage whereby we should be having a settled team. Changing line ups in order to accomodate players does not help the team IMO.

#10 rover n out

rover n out
  • Coach
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (Bob Crowther @ Feb 13 2010, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its fine, having to compete for places but we are getting to the stage whereby we should be having a settled team. Changing line ups in order to accomodate players does not help the team IMO.

dont agree.......we have played 1 pre-season and 1 northern rail....personally dont see that 2 games gets you a settled team and seeing that i couldn't lace dp's boots when it comes to coaching....i'll go with his decision

Twenty minutes before a gig, he dons the suit and walks out as though he's on his way to a caning from the headmaster, Except its Angus that does the whipping!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users