Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leigh v Featherstone

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 snake1985

snake1985
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (budgiezilla @ Feb 14 2010, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ONE OF OUR best performances at the LSV. I guess we were fired up after losing to York, and after making a good start, never looked back. Fev were back in at 12-6, spent more time in our half than earlier on, but the crucial score in the 38th minute, made it 18-6, rather than just 6 point gap. It was just 'one of those days' for you I guess, with ball in hand. You made nearly as many handling errors than us at York last week. Don't know why you chose to 'constantly' slow the game down by 'lying on' in the tackle, we are hardly Saints.
Don't be too disheartened over this result, it will be probably one of our best displays of the season. wink.gif

Cant disagree with this that fella leuluia or however its spelt lol looks a class act today
Posted Image

#42 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (Rarefrith @ Feb 14 2010, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Powell shouldn't be using any competative matches as experiments, if he does i don't think he should be the coach. To be out of this cup this early is a disgrace, if the NR cup means nothing to the club they can charge us less for going to the matches. They'll be under 1000 at POR next week and rightly so.

100% spot on.like it or not the NRC is part of the season and there to be won.the ambitions have been well publicised publicly all winter and its time to deliver.ther'es likely to be less than 1000 next week as you say so they may as well drop it to a fiver as a gesture and hope for the ruddy best.not good enough.

#43 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (Matt J @ Feb 14 2010, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Out of interest, how many sides have signed half of a new team?

NO EXCUSE.SORRY IT DONT WASH.

#44 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (johnh @ Feb 14 2010, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Until we can start getting bums on seats we can forget SL anyway.

No chance of Super League in YEARS! not unless somebody wins the lottery. Hard work can only get you so far.
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#45 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (snake1985 @ Feb 14 2010, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cant disagree with this that fella leuluia or however its spelt lol looks a class act today

He should be good - his dad played for Hull & NZ, his brother plays for W***n and NZ, his cousin for Leeds and his uncle for Salford! And, he's only 18!!

#46 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:30 PM

I know today was a very bad performance and one of the worst i have seen in a long time. I think DP made a mistake in not putting the strongest team out but we knew that mid week, we will just have to see who he picks next week.

It is annoying though when people say they are not coming next week because of a bad performance. The club need us all to get to the games what would happen if the directors said sod it and the players took their teddy home we wouldnt have a club to support any more.

Leigh had a shock lose last week and their fans were not very happy but at least they turned out today to support their club and the few that may not have turned up will be annoyed now.

We need to calm down it was a bad day at the office (Like Leigh last week)but if DP admits that he make a mistake today by making too many changes and puts it right next week then we will all be happy again.

By the way well done Leigh you had a solid game today

#47 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:41 PM

DP doesn't care about the Northern Rail Cup then neither do i, he's displayed appalling management in the last week in my opinion. Batley will be the next match i'll be attending.

#48 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:48 PM

i dont think it is appalling management, last season we were settled from the off, we had more of a pre-season and a settled 13, this season we havent had much of a pre season and the team certainly isnt settled, it was a gamble and was something different, unfortuneatly most of us could see what was coming and the gamble didnt pay off, hopefully DP will send out the message next week by picking a strong 13 for Rochdale not only to us fans but to the competition

#49 B l u e b e a r d

B l u e b e a r d
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (Rarefrith @ Feb 14 2010, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now Powell's experimenting has totally backfired, its deems next weeks home match as totally meaningless. I hope Powell enjoys it when we play are nothing match infront of 900 fans. I'll give it a miss, losing interest in rugby league massively!!

Here here !!! Whos guna come and watch that poop and pay 14 !!!

Andy
ANDY !!!!

#50 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (B l u e b e a r d @ Feb 14 2010, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here here !!! Whos guna come and watch that poop and pay 14 !!!

Andy

If your not bluebeard anymore bud and are going to post negatives then maybe you ougth to change your forum name, just my opinion but it doest look good for bluebeard the club mascot to be posting negatives especially when the person doing it is not the mascot anymore

#51 B l u e b e a r d

B l u e b e a r d
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:58 PM

biggrin.gif

Edited by B l u e b e a r d, 14 February 2010 - 09:19 PM.

ANDY !!!!

#52 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (B l u e b e a r d @ Feb 14 2010, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I PUT ANDY !!!! DIDNT I ?

ANDY !!!!

Dont worry !!! I wont be posting on here again AS BLUBEARD and to be honnest i couldnt give a flying fck what you think

It stills says Bluebeard as the poster and even when you were bluebeard you still put Andy DIDNT YOU
No need for the aggressive tone i always supported you when you were Bluebeard and thought you did a great job, i dont know why you arnt doing it anymore, i just think it wont do the club anygood at all to see bluebeard posting on a forum slating the club off.

#53 Rovers007

Rovers007
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:14 PM

i think everyone is missing a big point here...the team today was very close to the strongest team we have...why is everyone slagging dp saying he aint taking this comp serious??hes stated he is..the team was a strong one...so blame the players..things didnt come off..simple as...see you next week (the real fans that is)

#54 micngill

micngill
  • Coach
  • 300 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (Rovers007 @ Feb 14 2010, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think everyone is missing a big point here...the team today was very close to the strongest team we have...why is everyone slagging dp saying he aint taking this comp serious??hes stated he is..the team was a strong one...so blame the players..things didnt come off..simple as...see you next week (the real fans that is)

My bold = thats not fair as Malcolm Dixon once told my dad " You pay your money Derek, you're entitled to have an opinion." Real fans surely are able to criticse as well as praise?

#55 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (budgiezilla @ Feb 14 2010, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ONE OF OUR best performances at the LSV. I guess we were fired up after losing to York, and after making a good start, never looked back. Fev were back in at 12-6, spent more time in our half than earlier on, but the crucial score in the 38th minute, made it 18-6, rather than just 6 point gap. It was just 'one of those days' for you I guess, with ball in hand. You made nearly as many handling errors than us at York last week. Don't know why you chose to 'constantly' slow the game down by 'lying on' in the tackle, we are hardly Saints.
Don't be too disheartened over this result, it will be probably one of our best displays of the season. wink.gif

We seem have this habit of a third player going in to a tackle when there is no need, simply to help turn the attacker over. It expends energy and takes time to get the three players off then they are struggling to get back into the line.As for it being one of those days, we had far too many of those last season where a defeat wasn't just a defeat it was a massacre.

#56 Heppy

Heppy
  • Coach
  • 565 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (Rarefrith @ Feb 14 2010, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DP doesn't care about the Northern Rail Cup then neither do i, he's displayed appalling management in the last week in my opinion. Batley will be the next match i'll be attending.

Spot on me to why should I be bothered when the Management don't seem to be

#57 Andy Stennett

Andy Stennett
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:15 PM

Outmuscled
Outthought
Outmanoeuvred
Outenthused
Outstandingly poor
Outofpocket

Even our try was a bounced ball, not seen by the Ref.

Well done to Leigh

Spanish Apartment for Holiday Rental in Spain Visit www.ownersdirect.co.uk
Ref: S8185
Mobile 07738 528178

#58 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (Andy Stennett @ Feb 15 2010, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Outmuscled
Outthought
Outmanoeuvred
Outenthused
Outstandingly poor
Outofpocket

Even our try was a bounced ball, not seen by the Ref.

Well done to Leigh

GUESS YOU'VE BEEN "OUTED" BUD biggrin.gif ......joking apart every "out" is right..one of our directors even had the audacity to suggest our 6 & 7 should be playin wed nite v HKR in u21's cool.gif ...hang on though..he has the makings of a good coach! wink.gif

#59 johnh

johnh
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Chris Taylor @ Feb 14 2010, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No chance of Super League in YEARS! not unless somebody wins the lottery. Hard work can only get you so far.

So why is everyone getting so wound up about a mickey mouse trophy like the NR Cup?
Matt - send us some players from Tonga

#60 Mick H

Mick H
  • Coach
  • 586 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:38 PM

This ropey start is not the end of the world, we've come back from worse than this before, the league is all that matters and a decent playoff run, not this worthless, pointless pre season mickey mouse cup, or do you truly beleive we have a chance to get in SL and progression in this cup will give us a free ticket in! NO IT WONT!!
Maybe Daryl sees this as a chance to get to know who he has and what they bring to the party as he didn't get chance before because of the weather. You've got to lose a few battles to win a war!

Lets get behind the lads and do our bit to lift the team! A few positives instead of all this constant tripe wouldn't go amiss!
What worries me is the gloating satisfaction some on here would have if we did end up in a relegation battle. Do you not think life is far too short to have such a negative attitude, try taking a positive view on things, take a deep breath and just think how lucky you are to be able to watch your team on a Sunday as there's plenty of people that don't get the chance.