Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

we are NOT out yet

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:53 PM

People keep saying we are out of the rail cup, even radio Leeds the summariser kept saying if we lose we are out, nonesense and very poor research in my opinion, we are not out win our last 2 games and we finish on 8 points, a lot of the others play each other. Dewsbury play Leigh in there last game neither have 8 points, Sheffield play Halifax neither have 8 points. If you think we wont qualify is another matter, but we can still qualify

#2 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (LOWFIELD @ Feb 14 2010, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People keep saying we are out of the rail cup, even radio Leeds the summariser kept saying if we lose we are out, nonesense and very poor research in my opinion, we are not out win our last 2 games and we finish on 8 points, a lot of the others play each other. Dewsbury play Leigh in there last game neither have 8 points, Sheffield play Halifax neither have 8 points. If you think we wont qualify is another matter, but we can still qualify

We'll get beat at Hunslet probably anyway

#3 Kirkie

Kirkie
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (Rarefrith @ Feb 14 2010, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how many more games do we have

#4 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (Rarefrith @ Feb 14 2010, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That isnt the point is it pal, like i said wether you think we will qualify or not is irrelevant, the facts are win are last 2 games by plenty of points and we could still qualify. For Radio Leeds to keep saying we are out is very un-proffesional in my opinion

#5 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (LOWFIELD @ Feb 14 2010, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That isnt the point is it pal, like i said wether you think we will qualify or not is irrelevant, the facts are win are last 2 games by plenty of points and we could still qualify. For Radio Leeds to keep saying we are out is very un-proffesional in my opinion

I agree, rugby league is dying outside super league. Can barely get the results anywhere for the Northern Rail cup matches. Been like that since the start of the season.

#6 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (LOWFIELD @ Feb 14 2010, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but then again you didnt witness wat i did today bud.....a f mad.gif in shambles.forget it.

#7 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (GAZ1983 @ Feb 14 2010, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but then again you didnt witness wat i did today bud.....a f mad.gif in shambles.forget it.

No i didnt but like i say saying we are out is wrong we arnt yet.

http://news.bbc.co.u...les/7220940.stm

Have a look at the table and fixtures, i havent worked out all permitations but im sure we could still qualify

#8 micngill

micngill
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (LOWFIELD @ Feb 14 2010, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have a look at the table and fixtures, i havent worked out all permitations but im sure we could still qualify

Just checked the table as suggested you have to be a supreme optimist to think wwe can qualify. Only Gateshead and Doncaster and Rochdale and Skolars have a worse record.

I so wish I could be as optimistic but I can't see us qualifying and that will be a big blow for finances as I'm sure the board would have planned fopr at least the next stages in their budgets.

#9 FevDean32

FevDean32
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:25 PM

We can still qualify but need a couple of results to go our way Rochdale beating York Fax denying Sheffield a bonus point or Dewsbury and Leigh to draw? Not looking good though

#10 johnh

johnh
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (LOWFIELD @ Feb 14 2010, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree mate. Sure we're disappointed, but the best the players can do is try and win the next two games and hope that the other results go our way. It will be tough and I wouldn't put my house on it, but we can still qualify. I hate to quote the other rugby code but if the Welsh team had given up yesterday with 10 minutes to go they wouldn't have got the win, and we could learn something from their attitude.
We have no control over the other results, but don't forget the players will be hurting even more than we are after a poor performance, and will know that they owe it to the fans to win those two games. If the other results don't work out, that's tough, but at least they'll have given it a go. To give up after one bad result is not what Featherstone Rovers have ever been about and I'm sure we'll see some fight in the next 2 weeks. So I would urge supporters to stop crying into their beer, take the defeat on the chin and get along and support the team next week.
Matt - send us some players from Tonga

#11 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (johnh @ Feb 14 2010, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree mate. Sure we're disappointed, but the best the players can do is try and win the next two games and hope that the other results go our way. It will be tough and I wouldn't put my house on it, but we can still qualify. I hate to quote the other rugby code but if the Welsh team had given up yesterday with 10 minutes to go they wouldn't have got the win, and we could learn something from their attitude.
We have no control over the other results, but don't forget the players will be hurting even more than we are after a poor performance, and will know that they owe it to the fans to win those two games. If the other results don't work out, that's tough, but at least they'll have given it a go. To give up after one bad result is not what Featherstone Rovers have ever been about and I'm sure we'll see some fight in the next 2 weeks. So I would urge supporters to stop crying into their beer, take the defeat on the chin and get along and support the team next week.

One thing us fans moaned about last season was the lack of effort from certain players at times. Out of interest, from those that were actually at the game, did we get 100% effort across the board at least today, or were we just ###### through lack of effort?

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#12 PurstonJavelin

PurstonJavelin
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (gazza77 @ Feb 14 2010, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One thing us fans moaned about last season was the lack of effort from certain players at times. Out of interest, from those that were actually at the game, did we get 100% effort across the board at least today, or were we just ###### through lack of effort?

I thought we did get 100% effort.
There looked to be a great deal of frustration and even anger amongst the players. It is beginning to look to some of us that we have a coach who struggles to prepare his team for a campaign, struggles to prepare his team for the matches that count, and - judging by the number of poor starts we have - struggles to prepare his team for the kick-off. Certainly, the attacking structure - surely the coach's domain - was, again, woeful. There was almost nothing we did throughout the whole game which challenged the Leigh defence.
This looks to me to be a good squad this year and I think we'll do OK - eventually. Though I don't think we'll do as well as the squad is capable of, and I expect a lot more frustrations along the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users