Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

FRIENDLY RESERVES FIXTURE TONIGHT

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Spanky

Spanky
  • Players
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:15 PM

FRIENDLY RESERVES FIXTURE

FEATHERSTONE ROVERS v HULL K.R.

WEDNESDAY 17th FEBRUARY K.O. 7.30PM

ADULT 3 CONCESSION 1

#2 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:49 PM

Game on!

Well, at the moment ........
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#3 stuart56

stuart56
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:47 PM

Rovers (Featherstone variety) 32 Hull KR 24

Excellent value with good rugby from both sides. M.o.m. for me was Jesse Joe Parker, scored one and made two others where his pass out of the tackle landed to players who only had to step over the line to score. One bone cruncher from Lasen on the opposition number 12 (who to his credit simply shrugged it off).
< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

#4 genesis

genesis
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:46 PM

Well played match with some great skill shown by both sides. JJP scored a brilliant try. If some of the Rovers playing tonight are our first team "back up", ~~ Then the Doom monster has left this building !!

#5 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:06 AM

Some pictures from the first half will be online this evening.

Good effort, with plenty of skill levels on show so early in the season.
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

#6 The Two Amigos

The Two Amigos
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:42 AM

Parker stars in rovers win

Seems as though parker had a good game
Come On Fev !!!!!!!!!

#7 stuart56

stuart56
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (The Two Amigos @ Feb 18 2010, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Parker stars in rovers win

Seems as though parker had a good game

Especially when the text is copied from the front page of the web site. laugh.gif
< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

#8 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:55 PM

dont see how DP can ignore him and he was there to witness a great performance by jesse...skill,great hands (the pass out the "back door" was something else) fair turn of pace...things niether of the present 6 &7 have shown in two competative matches.nowt to lose now..PICK HIM. cool.gif

#9 zo9

zo9
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (GAZ1983 @ Feb 18 2010, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dont see how DP can ignore him and he was there to witness a great performance by jesse...skill,great hands (the pass out the "back door" was something else) fair turn of pace...things niether of the present 6 &7 have shown in two competative matches.nowt to lose now..PICK HIM. cool.gif

when we 1st signed him thought he would have been straight into the squad, hes a quality player, 1 of png's top player and could have had a shot at nrl, he was good enougth for the png world cup squad that didnt disgrace themselves against gb, aussies and new zealand so surely he is good enougth for fev, also been impressed with marabe, needs a bit of work on his positional play in defence, but looks a good signing. always know your going to get 100% from any png player too.

#10 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:53 PM

We brought them over, we signed them so why not play them?.

#11 Michael Bates

Michael Bates
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:02 PM

Start him at stand-off on Sunday? Let Briggs know that he's not been good enough and there's competition for his place?

#12 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:05 PM

Great effort. JJ and Larsen should be given a start on Sunday and they will do something in the course of the match to get the crowd on their feet, (much to the annoyance of a certain steward angry.gif )
Last night wasn't just about those two players though, it was a good all round team effort and a thoroughly deserved victory.

#13 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (Phil Stone @ Feb 18 2010, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great effort. JJ and Larsen should be given a start on Sunday and they will do something in the course of the match to get the crowd on their feet, (much to the annoyance of a certain steward angry.gif )
Last night wasn't just about those two players though, it was a good all round team effort and a thoroughly deserved victory.

What was the full line up last night?

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#14 genesis

genesis
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:28 PM

I've had two friends call me today asking me about JJP ( One cas, one Trinity) So I told them to go on You tube. Ok there is only the Blackpool game. I didn't have the heart to tell them about the other Rovers posts on there.

#15 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:48 AM

I think both will figure much more as the campaign goes on. I think DPs thinking is that they are new to English league and need to get up to speed on how the game is played over here. Also they have to both learn all the moves and calls the the rovers use. It would be unfair and detrimental to their confidence if they were thrown in at the deep end.

No doubt they are going to be diamonds for us, just need a little smoothing out first.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users