TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

EAGLES V 'FAX

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Eagleraider

Eagleraider
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:30 PM

A few comments from the Fax forum where in excess of 110 postings about the match have been made.....(all spellings and punctuation courtesy of the Halifax supporters wink.gif

1] I thought it was a decent performace really considering the preperation. Some of the defence was very good especially our scrambling defence. Sayeeeeeds monster hit was worth the admission price alone. We didnt click in attack but it wasnt really our pitch or weather to do that so im not overly concerened. It was really our first decent hit up and in that sense it was a good game for us and as strange as it seems the result will do us a favour. A loss early doors takes some of the pressure off because no one will remember the circumstances but just the result.
Gareth Hewer was a disgrace. He didnt cost us the game or anything like that but a few of his decisions were poor to say the least. Sheffield player held up over our line, he gave a 20 metre restart. Sheffield kick touches one of our players and hits the corner flag, he was giving a 10 metre scrum until the linesman intervined. Patterson kicks ahead chases the kick and makes the tackle himself, the genius Hewer is gives a penalty for offside. I mean hes got bright red boots on how did he not know he had kicked it. Tamghart gets a clear spear tackle against him, no penalty. We get penalised for not playing the ball correctly but 2 out of the next five play the balls are not played by the players foot.
Overall Sheffield are dark horses for me, they probably have the 3rd best team on paper in the league and may go under the radar so to speak of a lot of teams. So on that basis i dont think its a bad result.

2] Sheff will always deserve some credit as they play to their strengths.

3] Sheffield only played with one forward and won? impressive.

4] It amazes me how a club like Sheffield remain competitive - living on hallf our attendance and yet to me - they remian favourites when we play them as far as I'm concerned.

5] To be honest the loss may do us good as it makes the players realize they are not unbeatable. It also takes the pressure away a little of going through unbeaten. We needed a tough game after London and not having a proper pre season. Ratrher lose now than later in the season We certainly did not have a good preparation being stuck in traffic due to an accident on the motorway and missing the likes of Black, Maloney, Aizue, Greenwood does weaken us a little. Well done Sheffield and shows once again they will be a major threat to Fax, Widnes and Barrow

6] A bit disappointed with the result, but our defence is looking much better than it has done for a long time. Very solid tackling and not many breaking through our line.

Shame about the Seagulls fans and their bitter feelings. Still haven't got over Rob coming to us, still booing his every touch. He played very well again tonight and came in for some dubious rough stuff from them in every tackle.

and finally for now..
7] Good in defence, ref a disgrace, preparation a disaster, pitch too narrow and too many players missing

However apart from all that I have to say we looked totally clueless going forward. Pretty poor stuff really

. which demonstrates a very varied but generally complimentary response about the game

#22 wings beneath my feet

wings beneath my feet
  • Coach
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:55 PM

They can never get over just not being good enough, can they. They do probably realise though that - never again will they be a super league team - shame init!

#23 wings beneath my feet

wings beneath my feet
  • Coach
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (E.S.O @ Feb 18 2010, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hadn't seen that until you just pointed it out, don't see why he'd make it up. Terrible news.

what is?

#24 Basil Exposition

Basil Exposition
  • Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:18 PM

Some decent opinions there as well as the normal garbage. I'm not sure where the "not getting over rob leaving" comment sprang from, it not his leaving that bothered us (I think were a better squad now), it was the manner he did it.

It's good to see us getting a bit of credit now, last year when we did them at The Shay they spat the dummy out as bad as I've ever seen.

On a personal note, a bit thank you to the whole (except one) of block six for their generous applause. I may have made history at don valley as the first match official not to be booed off. laugh.gif
2010 - Where it all begins again......

#25 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (Basil Exposition @ Feb 18 2010, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some decent opinions there as well as the normal garbage. I'm not sure where the "not getting over rob leaving" comment sprang from, it not his leaving that bothered us (I think were a better squad now), it was the manner he did it.

Absolutely.

And the narrow pitch escuse again. Well, they're going to have trouble at Dewsbury then - that's more than two metres narrower. A bloke that complains about pitch width is a bloke looking for excuses. happy.gif

Incidentally, the widest pitch in our division is also the shortest ..... any guesses ? mellow.gif

Edited by Griff, 18 February 2010 - 02:42 PM.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#26 E.S.O

E.S.O
  • Coach
  • 5,633 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (wings beneath my feet @ Feb 18 2010, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what is?

If you have Facebook look at Aaron Groom's recent posts, I'm not going to post it on here cos Eagleraider will get the mardies on again.

QUOTE (Basil Exposition @ Feb 18 2010, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's good to see us getting a bit of credit now, last year when we did them at The Shay they spat the dummy out as bad as I've ever seen.

On a personal note, a bit thank you to the whole (except one) of block six for their generous applause. I may have made history at don valley as the first match official not to be booed off. laugh.gif

I'm not surprised Basil, they way you held those laminated pieces of plastic aloft was nothing short of sublime I tell ya.

Posted Image

#27 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (Eagleraider @ Feb 18 2010, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3] Sheffield only played with one forward and won? impressive.

Deserves some clarification. What was all that about ? huh.gif

#28 wings beneath my feet

wings beneath my feet
  • Coach
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (Griff @ Feb 18 2010, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't you notice, we had 6 wingers, 4 centres 1 ref and two linesmen laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#29 Eagleraider

Eagleraider
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Griff @ Feb 18 2010, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Isn't that West Yorkshire arithmetic ?

or is that a case of "Sad & Useless Fax" laugh.gif

#30 aquilla

aquilla
  • Coach
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:38 PM

Spooky biggrin.gif

Attached Files

• Attached File  666.jpg   8.89KB   15 downloads

There are two rules for success:
1.) Don't tell all you know.

#31 aquilla

aquilla
  • Coach
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (E.S.O @ Feb 18 2010, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you have Facebook look at Aaron Groom's recent posts, I'm not going to post it on here cos Eagleraider will get the mardies on again.

Tubbs was on Radio Sheff and said he goes for a scan tomorrow so maybe we'll know more.
Appears that it's the other knee.

I hope for his sake that it's not as bad as last time.

There are two rules for success:
1.) Don't tell all you know.

#32 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (wings beneath my feet @ Feb 18 2010, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didn't you notice, we had 6 wingers, 4 centres 1 ref and two linesmen laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Not to mention the interchange official. happy.gif

#33 Basil Exposition

Basil Exposition
  • Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (Griff @ Feb 18 2010, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not to mention the interchange official. happy.gif

cool.gif

2010 - Where it all begins again......

#34 E.S.O