• 468 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:51 PM

http://www.yorkshire...-new.6086179.jp

#2 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:47 PM

Will Liam Finn be given the kicking duties this weekend?

It is also good to see the other players coming back in does anyone know the full 18 man squad looks like the PNG lads are not going to make it again

#3 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:38 PM

the morrison one's a a strange one to me.would like to see him and tonky start they'd give more "go forward" and aggression to damp the oppositions enthusiasm .anyone at the u21s wed nite will be wondering just what JJP has to do to get a start.he was outstanding unsure.gif its not as if our halves are setting the world on fire.

#4 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (GAZ1983 @ Feb 19 2010, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the morrison one's a a strange one to me.would like to see him and tonky start they'd give more "go forward" and aggression to damp the oppositions enthusiasm .anyone at the u21s wed nite will be wondering just what JJP has to do to get a start.he was outstanding unsure.gif its not as if our halves are setting the world on fire.

17 man game now bud and the sub forwards are just as important if not more so than the starting 6. Morrisson coming off the bench running at some tired defenders could have a big impact.

#5 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (LOWFIELD @ Feb 19 2010, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
17 man game now bud and the sub forwards are just as important if not more so than the starting 6. Morrisson coming off the bench running at some tired defenders could have a big impact.

True, last year Halifax regarded Watene and Thamgart as their first choice props, but they usually started on the bench.

#6 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (LOWFIELD @ Feb 19 2010, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nothing worse than 60 minutes in when fresh props run at you!

Cummins Out.

#7 Mark T

Mark T
  • Coach
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:06 PM

Cannot believe that JJP cannot get a start after his performance the other night! Why fly these guys halfway around the world if they cannot make the team to play Rochdale, clearly they don't seem to figure in his plans and I would have thought that JJP would have provided much needed creativity from our half backs.
Poor decision if correct.

#8 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:38 PM

After all the hype and fanfare upon their signings, it appears a big let down, especially after their mid week performances.
We are informed that players will have to compete for places, so from what I can gather about last weeks performance there surely should be wholesale changes.

#9 SamG

SamG
  • Coach
  • 296 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:13 AM

I'm one of the many that abandoned Fev when Superleague came in, as an objection to how unfair the situation was. I came back to it last season, and now me and my son are season ticket holders.I realise that I missed out from not coming for 14 years, but to get the other fans back, there has to be rugby worth coming along to, and players we want to see......Jessie Joe and Larsen are two exciting players from what I've seen in friendlies and reserve games....and the fans love nothing more than an underdog from ashore playing their heart out for the rovers.....a certain Mr Tuuta comes to mind......I was lucky to be able to be able to see the team play in the late 80's/late 90's and feel we have the team that could step up again.....youth, flair and experience.....Dickens, Morrison and Tonks running in, Finn, Kain, Briggs and Parker setting them up...Dale, Divorty and Field running hard out wide with power and skill, Hardaker and Dobek stepping up, Steel, Marabe, Saxton, Hardman and Marabe giving us points on the board. If we can give these and the others time to gel as a team, we can seriously challenge come back end of the season......I hate seeing us under-perform, but there is reason to stay optimistic.....Powell is no mug, and we will come together at some point. Its a marathon, not a sprint......All we can do is keep the faith, let the team prove themselves, and then hopefully we can get the crowds back, the results will come, and we can go back where we belong, letting the big boys know that the smallest club has the biggest heart and we're Fev till we die!

#10 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:53 AM

Fantastic post samG . Lets hope yr optimism and hopes are realised, and passed onto others. You have missed a lot of ups and downs in the last 14 years tho.
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users