Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Food and drink thread

• Please log in to reply
768 replies to this topic

#401 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Looking for a good supplier for some Reindeer steaks,can anyone help?
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#402 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Santa?

LUNEW.jpg

#403 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,088 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

Got ourselves an Halogen oven, brilliant.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#404 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,442 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

I had some reindeer chorizo recently. Intense!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#405 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

Surprisingly Lidl.

http://www.dailymail...-Christmas.html

Lidl is selling frozen Siberian reindeer leg steaks under its deluxe luxury brand at £7.99 for 350g, promoting them as 'tasty steaks, exceptionally lean low-fat meal with a lovely natural flavour.'

No idea of quality but do keep an eye out myself for the offers in Lidl. For instance i was not too keen on the Moose Leg Steaks last year but loved the Ostrich Steaks before that but the Ostrich has not been repeated, if it ever does I will be stocking up.

#406 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

Surprisingly Lidl.

http://www.dailymail...-Christmas.html

No idea of quality but do keep an eye out myself for the offers in Lidl. For instance i was not too keen on the Moose Leg Steaks last year but loved the Ostrich Steaks before that but the Ostrich has not been repeated, if it ever does I will be stocking up.

none of them near us have any.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#407 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

none of them near us have any.

Was about 10-15 in the freezer at approx 3:00pm this afternoon in their Mirfield store as i checked when picking Nephew up from school. Chances are this will not help you but shows there are still some in some of their stores for other users.

One thing i did spot in their frozen section was full Goose, down to £17.99, down from £19.99 for anyone wanting an alternative to Turkey this Christmas. Do recommend myself.

Edited by Li0nhead, 10 December 2012 - 04:51 PM.

#408 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

Just a little sidetrack (though the thread is Food and Drink), but I've discovered the joys of Morrison's beer aisle. Loads of different beers for £1.89 per 500ml bottle, on offer at £5.00 for any 4, mix and match. It's brilliant. Some really tasty beers. After 14 years of tasteless Amstel, this is heaven. My favourite so far is Black Sheep, (their Riggwelter is nice, but a bit strong for me these days), but I do like the offerings of Wychwood, too.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#409 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,442 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

Talking of beers, the 'rum cask' version of Innis & Gunn's already excellent beer is something special.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#410 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

Ikea stock moose lasagne.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#411 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

Moose and Lasagne are probably the names of their bedside table and lamp.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#412 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,442 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

...although, if you visit Ikea, you may bump into the lead singer of the Stone Roses.

#413 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,442 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

As far as pre-made lasagne goes, the Heston Blumenthal one in Waitrose is seriously good.

#414 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,071 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

As far as pre-made lasagne goes, the Heston Blumenthal one in Waitrose is seriously good.

There may, may, be a story of me driving at 7.15am on a Saturday morning in October from Wyke to the Waitrose in Otley in order to buy 6 of the Heston ready meals.

Hmm, it seems I've missed one... *sigh*

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#415 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,079 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

The themed answer to a clue in a Guardian crossword this week was Key Lime Pie. I'd never heard of it, but I'm going to buy one from Morrisons this week.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#416 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,870 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

The themed answer to a clue in a Guardian crossword this week was Key Lime Pie. I'd never heard of it, but I'm going to buy one from Morrisons this week.

Never heard of Key Lime Pie? I knew you Yorkies were a sheltered bunch but come on. :P
Fides invicta triumphat

#417 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,079 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Never heard of Key Lime Pie? I knew you Yorkies were a sheltered bunch but come on. :P

I'd never actually eaten lime until I was about forty when I went to Spain and the bar staff put slices of it in the necks of bottles of Coronita.

I still think its the best way to have it.

:D

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#418 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

Just a little sidetrack (though the thread is Food and Drink), but I've discovered the joys of Morrison's beer aisle. Loads of different beers for £1.89 per 500ml bottle, on offer at £5.00 for any 4, mix and match. It's brilliant. Some really tasty beers. After 14 years of tasteless Amstel, this is heaven. My favourite so far is Black Sheep, (their Riggwelter is nice, but a bit strong for me these days), but I do like the offerings of Wychwood, too.

Get yerself to Booths - they currently have Jennings Cocker Hoop (IMO one of Jennings best beers) at £1 per bottle.
Also at £1 are - Lighthouse from Adnams Brewery plus Adnams lower alcohol bitter at 2.8% (less duty). Also Jennings Bitter, Banks Bitter, Marstons Double Drop, Master Brew Kentish Ale and Thwaite's Thorougbred Gold. Holts Manchester Ale is £1.09 per bottle.

#419 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Just had a pint of Rother Brewery's "Blue", quite a dark nutty ale @5% that was quite nice, from the North Star pub in St Leonards.

Edited by Bleep1673, 12 December 2012 - 05:09 PM.

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#420 Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor
  • Coach
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

I know we are in a food & drink section, but I thought i'd bring home the bad side of Christmas and drink driving.

I saw this campaign today on my Twitter feed and thought i'd share some of the scary facts with you.

See: http://www.drink-driving-limit.co.uk/

What do you think? What scares you the most?
2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users