TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone V Batley

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win (47 member(s) have cast votes)

A Win Or Draw

1. Featherstone Rovers (27 votes [57.45%])

Percentage of vote: 57.45%

2. Batley Bulldogs (19 votes [40.43%])

Percentage of vote: 40.43%

3. Draw (1 votes [2.13%])

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (guest from down under @ Feb 24 2010, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you underestimate Batley at your peril i am a dewsbury man so i am not biased in their favour but as a previous poster said Batley are a dark horse for the top of the division , they are a very good side with some quality players . you will do well to beat them , if Batley get over 6 points start from the bookies back them .

Thanks for that GFDU , but we are quite happy to start games as under dogs biggrin.gif , and listening to the `if we cant beat teams like batley quotes wink.gif

#22 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,407 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (sadbadnmad @ Feb 24 2010, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Robert Hicks is from Oldham. He was featured in GameOn the other week. It says it in there

If it's the same Hicks who sent Handforth off at the end of the 2008 season then he's from Lancashire. I thoroughly detest him. I'm not justifying Handforth's behaviour but it was mainly provoked by the referee's "puzzling" decsions including allowing a Leigh try when the player was clearly (to everyone else anyway) in touch.

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#23 theevans

theevans
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:44 PM

rovers 26-16batley

att between 1200 and 1800

#24 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:18 PM

1-0 will do me, as long as we win. It will be tough because Batley are in decent nick but we do have home advantage and have to win the majority of home games if we are to challenge for honours this season.
Att 1301

#25 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:26 PM

This one will be a close call, either way. We will have to pull out all the stops. I predicted a few weeks ago that Batley will be the dark horses this year.

#26 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (Batley Bob @ Feb 25 2010, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for that GFDU , but we are quite happy to start games as under dogs biggrin.gif , and listening to the `if we cant beat teams like batley quotes wink.gif

Haven't read that quote on here and you certainly won't hear it from me. I've got us to win by one score and thats only because of home advantage. I still think we are vulnerable to a side who turn up with a very basic game plan and stick to it. Just like Sheffield.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#27 snake1985

snake1985
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:01 PM

I am only person that thinks hicks is one of the better referees in our division. Last time he had us was in toulouse and i thought he handled the game well, my opinion of him has grown over past 2 seasons.

Anyway the game, gonna be tough, great atmosphere cos batley generally bring a few hundred, always need to start strong and i feel powell will give them a stern talk before match about set completions etc.

So ill go with:

Fev 28
Batlet 24

Attendance: 2076

MOM: Kain: time for him to have a stormer

ROLL ON SUNDAY!!!!!

oh and a note for the cold and snow: **** off laugh.gif
Posted Image

#28 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:51 PM

Fev 20-32 Batley attendance 1,158

#29 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:05 PM

Robert Hicks is definately a lancastrian, I spoke to him at a local amateur game, he follows Saddleworth Rangers.
Hope for a good game, good banter and a fair result.

#30 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:11 PM

feth 34
batley 38

I have not witnessed a poor game at post office road and both clubs have the up most respect for the competition

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#31 matthew parkin

matthew parkin
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:08 PM

Now the Mickey Mouse has gone we can seriously focus on the Championship. Whilst I do feel Batley are playing well I also feel that we have had 'teething problems' and I can see us coming good at the weekend. We played some good sets Tuesday night ( I know against a poorer side, albeit in terrible conditions) but we are better than how we have being performing. Its not an excuse but the weather has thrown the fixtures of late which can really affect how players prepare for games We are a good side and good sides don't become bad overnight. I have every faith in coach Powell and I can see us winning this one with 14.

Fev 26
Batley 12
Attendance 1645

Come on the boys tongue.gif

#32 The Baby Faced Assassin.

The Baby Faced Assassin.
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:35 PM

It's going to be a close one I feel but Fev 28 Batley 22
Attendance 1450

#33 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:05 AM

According to the Yep news Daryl has dropped both our overseas stars. I thought they looked a class above on Tuesday night and this was confirmed by others who have seen them play in the reserves. Lets keep our faith in the coach and see wot happens in Sundays game. I wonder what he is saving them for, or maybe they are not fully match fit, they both looked as they had lots of energy so only time will tell. Bring on the Dogs !
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#34 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:07 PM

Hardman try hocked by Briggs 6 -0
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#35 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:14 PM

Dale try converted also 12 nil

#36 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:37 PM

O wen the Fev go steaming in -Welham try converted by Briggs. Fev totally dominant n now Batley gettin dirty .Try time again by Steel . O i bet all u miserable lot that cant b bothered turning up regret it now fev 24-0 .touchi line goal by Briggs

#37 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:47 PM

O wen the Fev go steaming in -Welham try converted by Briggs. Fev totally dominant n now Batley gettin dirty .Try time again by Steel . O i bet all u miserable lot that cant b bothered turning up regret it now fev 24-0 .touchi line goal by Briggs

#38 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:18 PM

24-6 att 1353 16mins to go Mr Hicks is trying his best to get them back into the game

#39 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:23 PM

2nd try t Steel ,fantastic 2nd touch line conversion by Briggs Fev 30-6

#40 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:32 PM

Batley try after 2 more penalties and he was on his back but Mr Hicks gives the try 30 - 10 2mins to go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users