Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup 2013

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:04 AM

Interesting quotes from Lewis.

Has the penny finally dropped, even if it just for the international matches?

http://news.bbc.co.u...gue/8537381.stm

#2 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,084 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (Phil Stone @ Feb 26 2010, 07:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting quotes from Lewis.

Has the penny finally dropped, even if it just for the international matches?

http://news.bbc.co.u...gue/8537381.stm

if they want it to be a success, i suggest they keep it in Australia where they know how to organise these events. i'm surprised the people running the rfl carry any weight with the international board with their track record. look how desperate they are, trying to fill elland road for the world club challenge. they have killed live support for the international game, most of the supporters in this country will be watching it on telly, which is the culture the rfl has developed. there are a lot of people who support championship clubs, who feel no affinity with the national team whatsoever. i for one, couldn't care less.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#3 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:00 PM

I agree. I used to go watch the touring Aussie team when they played league clubs then go to the internationals. I haven't been since SL was introduced and have no intention of doing so.
Ah well, never mind, France might be strong when the tournament comes around and if they are, regardless of what England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales do the RFL will be happy.

#4 FEV-KT87

FEV-KT87
  • Coach
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:36 PM

Big fellas stadium......world cup venue?

for some of the smaller matches
YOU CANT CRUSH PRIDE!!!!

A season dedicated to Gareth John Swift

League winners 2010

#5 kev C

kev C
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (FEV-KT87 @ Feb 26 2010, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Big fellas stadium......world cup venue?

for some of the smaller matches

I recall seeing a couple of international matches in the 90s at Post Office Road.I think one of them was Scotland because i remember Alan Tait playing.
"League is much, much more physical than Union, and that's before anyone starts breaking the rules."

Adrian Hadley (1988)