Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Away shirt launch

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Rovers2010

Rovers2010
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:55 AM

Now that's Nail on Head Ovo!!

Hull KR were staring a third straight defeat in the eyes last night until Mr Ganson have a 'disgraceful' decision according to Mr Matterson laugh.gif . What I take from the game was the Hull KR support, they were louder than C*s throughout the game and surely have to be our Benchmark on and of the field, a great lesson on how to support the lads each and every week for 80 mins!

#22 The Baby Faced Assassin.

The Baby Faced Assassin.
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (Ovo @ Feb 27 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Again I think the point is being missed... Nobody had to buy a shirt or even like it. But 10 great players who served the club were present and it would have been good to see the fans out number them. I know it was between two games etc, etc. However the turnout was appalling, I am just stating fact. It was a free evening.

This club is going to die if we do not re-ignite the supporter base and attract new supporters.

It is time we all talked it up rather than down. Of course there are problems - there always are, but lets keep them internal - be critical in private and all go out and sell Featherstone Rovers. That costs nothing!

Admirable sentiments Martin, again on here we all still have the faith, although at times even I ask myself why! tongue.gif I know it's a chicken and egg situation but we can all talk the game up but you have to have something to talk up on the pitch ie success and that has been scarce for a decade or more now, yes they came out for the NL2 grand final but it wasn't sustained was it sad.gif . Without the money you have a slim chance of sustained success and without the crowds you don't have the money sad.gif Yes I know I haven't given the answer as I don't have one, that is until I win the euromillions wink.gif

#23 Mark Ashton

Mark Ashton
  • Coach
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:09 PM

nice shirt, as PJT says, like the home, but Red

#24 Sportbilly

Sportbilly
  • Coach
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:14 PM

I would love to have gone....I like legends gigs......thing is r'lass reckons I already watch too much rugger and its taking over my life....I disagree of course.....but she's threaten to kick me out if I see anymore. That would hurt me cos weve been happily married for 15 seasons now
There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

#25 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (Sportbilly @ Feb 28 2010, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would love to have gone....I like legends gigs......thing is r'lass reckons I already watch too much rugger and its taking over my life....I disagree of course.....but she's threaten to kick me out if I see anymore. That would hurt me cos weve been happily married for 15 seasons now

bet she dunt complain when you take her warm weather training in the summer.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#26 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (DMS @ Feb 27 2010, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know that remark is tongue in cheek but i do think it is unfair. The away shirt should have been launched at the same time as the home one. To ask fans to come out inbetween two games that are only 5 days apart is too much. I used to be with the joint supporters and i know how difficult it is to organise events and get people to turn up. At the end of the day you are appealing to the same people over and over again Their pockets are only so deep. Once the season has started most fans are using what spare cash they have to support the team.

It was more of a personal remark and not aimed at anybody in particular. But sometimes being a volunteer is like banging your head against a brick wall.